Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    I happen to think we need another global recession. It would prove a point to the hacks, and it would teach valuable lessons to future leaders, who think spending 15,000,000,000,000 dollars is a good thing.
    I guarentee you, NO politician would ever allow this country to ever be in the position to default again.
    Well there's the problem right there... you've been duped... or brainwashed..

    We don't have leaders, We have elected representatives... PUBLIC SERVANTS. They don't lead... they follow.. the will of the People...

  2. #52
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Well there's the problem right there... you've been duped... or brainwashed..

    We don't have leaders, We have elected representatives... PUBLIC SERVANTS. They don't lead... they follow.. the will of the People...
    Bingo, that is what so many do not understand. We get the government we deserve!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #53
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Well there's the problem right there... you've been duped... or brainwashed..

    We don't have leaders, We have elected representatives... PUBLIC SERVANTS. They don't lead... they follow.. the will of the People...
    I was mocking when i said "leaders", because clearly we have none. Thanks for pointing something out that, otherwise thought was quite obvious.
    the will of the People...
    since when? lol
    Last edited by DarkWizard12; 07-31-11 at 02:15 PM.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    I was mocking when i said "leaders", because clearly we have none. Thanks for pointing something out that, otherwise thought was quite obvious.
    Pathetic back peddling, made all the more obvious by the fact you still appear not to get it with the "because we clearly have none" statement. We aren't supposed to have any at all.

    The failing of Our gov't lies not with public servants, but with the People. The only "leaders" that need to be followed are the founding fathers, who knew that all governments are given to temptations of corruption and tyranny and warned us to this historically constant fact of human nature. They warned that abdicating Our collective responsibility to hold our public servants accountable and responsible for the public trust given them in elected office, would lead exactly to where we now find ourselves.

  5. #55
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Pathetic back peddling, made all the more obvious by the fact you still appear not to get it with the "because we clearly have none" statement. We aren't supposed to have any at all.

    The failing of Our gov't lies not with public servants, but with the People. The only "leaders" that need to be followed are the founding fathers, who knew that all governments are given to temptations of corruption and tyranny and warned us to this historically constant fact of human nature. They warned that abdicating Our collective responsibility to hold our public servants accountable and responsible for the public trust given them in elected office, would lead exactly to where we now find ourselves.
    well, at least you are consistent. We can only to agree to disagree on this issue. I still hold that a default would be better for the US as a whole, whether we have "leaders" or not.
    Last edited by DarkWizard12; 07-31-11 at 04:30 PM.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    well, at least you are consistent. We can only to agree to disagree on this issue. I still hold that a default would be better for the US as a whole, whether we have "leaders" or not.
    First it was obvious, now we agree to disagree? Whatever...

    A credit downgrade is appropriate and would achieve the same end goal. But saying that a default will be good for the US while throwing the rest of the world into the same chaos is downright irresponsible. You can choose to disagree with me on this, but it won't invalidate that fact.

  7. #57
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    First it was obvious, now we agree to disagree? Whatever...

    A credit downgrade is appropriate and would achieve the same end goal. But saying that a default will be good for the US while throwing the rest of the world into the same chaos is downright irresponsible. You can choose to disagree with me on this, but it won't invalidate that fact.
    you're calling your opinion "fact". I have already calculated that issue, and have found that it is not irresponsible, but just a side effect of whats wrong with international economic policies. In the long term, a default will benefit the US most out of all choices. This is made evident by the fact that the world economy is slowly shifting toward china and india, this default would simply speed up the process, so we have no reason to be concerned with the rest of the world here.
    Last edited by DarkWizard12; 07-31-11 at 07:53 PM.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    you're calling your opinion "fact". I have already calculated that issue, and have found that it is not irresponsible, but just a side effect of whats wrong with international economic policies. In the long term, a default will benefit the US most out of all choices. This is made evident by the fact that the world economy is slowly shifting toward china and india, this default would simply speed up the process, so we have no reason to be concerned with the rest of the world here.
    Oh... well then... if you've already calculated that issue... LMAO... I'm sure you're well qualified in international finance to have the audacity to say, f*ck the rest of the world...

  9. #59
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Oh... well then... if you've already calculated that issue... LMAO... I'm sure you're well qualified in international finance...
    I'm confident in my own principals, philosophies, and observations that my opinions are correct on the matter, yes.
    ...to have the audacity to say, f*ck the rest of the world...
    ...i never said "**** the rest of the world". please, reread my post. If the words "**** the rest of the world" aren't in there, witness your irrelevency.

    Now, I desire no discussion with partisan hackery. Go get a cup of coffee, relax for a bit...maybe play a video game, and then come back and chat with me, and hopefully your posts will contain more substance and less partisan drivel. Untill then, i find no reason to continue this discussion.
    Last edited by DarkWizard12; 07-31-11 at 09:58 PM.

  10. #60
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Breaking: John Boehner Yanks Debt Ceiling Bill, House Vote Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    I'm confident in my own principals, philosophies, and observations that my opinions are correct on the matter, yes.

    ...i never said "**** the rest of the world". please, reread my post. If the words "**** the rest of the world" aren't in there, witness your irrelevency.

    Now, I desire no discussion with partisan hackery. Go get a cup of coffee, relax for a bit...maybe play a video game, and then come back and chat with me, and hopefully your posts will contain more substance and less partisan drivel. Untill then, i find no reason to continue this discussion.

    "Physician, heal thyself"
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •