Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

  1. #41
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,667

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I don't know why you're calling him a piece of trash. He served this country and risked his life. If you don't like how he got his purple hearts, that's one thing... calling him trash for getting them because that's how the military service works in this country is another. The point is, he was a solider. A solider shouldn't automatically become trash because you don't like his politics.
    Is there some new evidence or source beyond this?

    "Now the Navy Times reports that Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus has revoked Sanders' Silver Star. The highly unusual decision appears unrelated to Sanders' felony conviction. A Navy spokesman cited "subsequently determined facts and evidence surrounding both the incident for which the award was made and the processing of the award itself."

  2. #42
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Is there some new evidence or source beyond this?

    "Now the Navy Times reports that Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus has revoked Sanders' Silver Star. The highly unusual decision appears unrelated to Sanders' felony conviction. A Navy spokesman cited "subsequently determined facts and evidence surrounding both the incident for which the award was made and the processing of the award itself."
    I am pretty sure the other poster was talking about Kerry, because he was talking about purple hearts specifically... Military policy for awarding purple hearts for a wound you deem as being minor and not worthy, isn't the solider's fault.

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,667

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I am pretty sure the other poster was talking about Kerry, because he was talking about purple hearts specifically... Military policy for awarding purple hearts for a wound you deem as being minor and not worthy, isn't the solider's fault.
    Unless you repeatedly request them yourself for a few minor scratches. Nicks in the ass from an unknown source that doesnt require a bandage, as compared to a soldier actually wounded in combat yet awarded the same medal...it just doesnt sit well...

  4. #44
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    I have no respect for Kerry as a Politician, today or in 04 but i do respect that he was there in service to us.

    The Capt. May have been awarded a medal for something that did not happen or what ever. But the fact that he did serve is reason for respect for that much.
    a
    As to the charges he is serving time for. He is now a despicable low life.

    If Kerry is found to have received a Medal for things he didn't do. so be it.

    I reaspect out troops. I have two younger Bothers that served in this era one is Gay and thay came home alive and I respect that, even though I am not in favor of the Gay agenda.

  5. #45
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,500

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Unless you repeatedly request them yourself for a few minor scratches. Nicks in the ass from an unknown source that doesnt require a bandage, as compared to a soldier actually wounded in combat yet awarded the same medal...it just doesnt sit well...
    I do see that there is difference, but that's how the military works...

  6. #46
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Kerry was a drip. He and his "Jinjis Khan'...................
    Ha, ha..................what a drip.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Kerry does deserve thanks for serving his country. I would never deny him that. He deserves scorn though for throwing his fellow soldiers under the bus and his many lies since his service days.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    At least he was in Vietnam..... unlike his opponent... who had daddy pull strings so he avoid the war...

    and are you still stuck in this bull**** still?
    Neither one will be on the ballot in 2012, so why does this matter?

  9. #49
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Kerry does deserve thanks for serving his country. I would never deny him that. He deserves scorn though for throwing his fellow soldiers under the bus and his many lies since his service days.
    For that, he's a dirtbag, in my book.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  10. #50
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Kerry Spokesman stripped of Silver Star.

    Yeah, not every soldier gets thanks forever. The military would be better without him. He didn't join for us, he proved that.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-28-11 at 05:19 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •