Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE BILL

  1. #51
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more populist nonsense. GE generates lots of wealth for lots of people and lots of taxes for the government-from the income taxes dividend owners pay to payroll taxes
    GE paid not one cent of income tax, and not only that, it also received a government handout. Screw the BS argument about generating wealth for others. I generate wealth for others when I go shopping. Your argument is just another BS argument for robber barons who want to obtain their wealth on the backs of others.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #52
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,791

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    GE paid not one cent of income tax, and not only that, it also received a government handout. Screw the BS argument about generating wealth for others. I generate wealth for others when I go shopping. Your argument is just another BS argument for robber barons who want to obtain their wealth on the backs of others.
    more populist drivel. GE paid taxes in other countries

    they lost money or had recognizable losses that offset corporate profits

    should GE pay taxes on income realized in other countries where they paid taxes on it?

    where does that income go? to stockholders who paid taxes on it

    why should GE's income be TAXED TWICE?



  3. #53
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Winston




    the reply


    State of Ohio employees working for a wage do NOT PAY TAXES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Where do you get stuff like this?????
    IDK... I guess he thinks some people working hard, don't deserve the money they earn

  4. #54
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is as silly as saying a bank robber is truly a taxpayer if he takes money he didn't own and uses it to pay taxes. what he is doing is paying taxes with other peoples' money, they are the taxpayers not him
    So all the people working in the private sector including all the politicians are bank robbers now? Have they not earned the money they were paid?

  5. #55
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And guess what law enforcement (paid for by tax dollars) will catch him/her send him her to court (paid for by tax dollars) and if convicted imprison (paid for by tax dollars) him/her.

    To bad your bank robber here can not use your costco approach to taxation.
    Actually, a bank robber would be required to pay the taxes on the money he gained by stealing it, not doing so would result in tax evasion. That's the tax law.

  6. #56
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,791

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Actually, a bank robber would be required to pay the taxes on the money he gained by stealing it, not doing so would result in tax evasion. That's the tax law.
    if he reported them as other income

    he is not forced to say where he got the money because it would violate the 5th amendment

    its the same reason why gun registration laws do not apply to felons.



  7. #57
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,791

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    So all the people working in the private sector including all the politicians are bank robbers now? Have they not earned the money they were paid?
    that completely misses the point.



  8. #58
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those sales taxes--not income taxes--were paid with tax money, which created zero new revenue. It amounts to nothing more than taking money from one government account and putting it into another, which doesn't accomplish a damn thing.

    Imagine this: you have $10,000. You deposit it into one account. Then, you take out $5,000 and use it to open a new account at another bank. What's the end result? You still only have $10,000.
    Exactly which public workers are you talking about? You seem to be saying that they aren't paying income taxes, am I wrong?

  9. #59
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Oh I see, everyone always sticks exactly to the thread title
    Yeah, we try to at least

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: [Ohio]- SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED CERTIFIES SIGNATURES FOR REFERENDUM ON SENATE B

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    GE paid not one cent of income tax, and not only that, it also received a government handout. Screw the BS argument about generating wealth for others. I generate wealth for others when I go shopping. Your argument is just another BS argument for robber barons who want to obtain their wealth on the backs of others.
    You have hit it right out of the park. The claims of Turtle are akin to somebody saying that while they did not pay the entire bill that they should have paid, they did hand over lots of money so they should be allowed to slide on the rest. That would never fly and it should not fly just because they are a huge corporation with a bunch of attorneys and CPA's filling many cubicles.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •