Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 222

Thread: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Yes, you complain about what we simply have to do. The problem lies with Wall Street's belief that inflation must happen. It doesn't.
    I would strongly hope that all of us complain about what we have to do. Why would you not share that concern?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #62
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Actually that's essence of the individual.
    Do you have, like, friends or anything? Just wondering.
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  3. #63
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    You know what? All the posters who have said it is cheaper to produce in China than in America are correct. So let's change that. I propose we put a tariff on everything made outside our borders so if it costs 1$ to make in China and costs 3$ to make here then we charge the company 2 dollars the moment it hits our borders. Oh and corporate tax rates need to stay where they are at, but will actually be charged from now on at the full 35%. However, if you make come back to America and make jobs here then I'm fine with give you a nice break. It's time to end this neo-liberal free trade and start taking care of our workers.

  4. #64
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    You know what? All the posters who have said it is cheaper to produce in China than in America are correct. So let's change that. I propose we put a tariff on everything made outside our borders so if it costs 1$ to make in China and costs 3$ to make here then we charge the company 2 dollars the moment it hits our borders. Oh and corporate tax rates need to stay where they are at, but will actually be charged from now on at the full 35%. However, if you make come back to America and make jobs here then I'm fine with give you a nice break. It's time to end this neo-liberal free trade and start taking care of our workers.

    how did bush's tariff on foreign steel work out for you.

    ever heard the phrase money talks BS walks? its actually different. Money can walk and the BSers tend to get stuck in place meaning those with the money can go to where they want



  5. #65
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    how did bush's tariff on foreign steel work out for you.

    ever heard the phrase money talks BS walks? its actually different. Money can walk and the BSers tend to get stuck in place meaning those with the money can go to where they want
    How is our current free trade policy working for the American working class? Terrible and that is who I care about. I don't give damn if some parasite CEO can't afford a second yacht.

  6. #66
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by atrasicarius View Post
    Do you have, like, friends or anything? Just wondering.
    The more you hate me the more you will learn

  7. #67
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    You know what? All the posters who have said it is cheaper to produce in China than in America are correct. So let's change that. I propose we put a tariff on everything made outside our borders so if it costs 1$ to make in China and costs 3$ to make here then we charge the company 2 dollars the moment it hits our borders. Oh and corporate tax rates need to stay where they are at, but will actually be charged from now on at the full 35%. However, if you make come back to America and make jobs here then I'm fine with give you a nice break. It's time to end this neo-liberal free trade and start taking care of our workers.
    That has been tried before and with disastrous effects, but lets entertain this thought, so will we have a answer to the countries we export to which will do the exact same thing we would propose to do. the answer I am afraid would be trade wars which can lead to war. Perhaps our government comes back to reality and quit over regulating and over taxing our manufacturing base or once was our base so that this country can be competitive. Now just remember we have to be competitive in the world market place but we can't over tax it ore over regulate it, it's out of bounds, therefor we have to adjust and adapt here at home. If we fail another country will be more than willing to step up and push us aside.

  8. #68
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    That has been tried before and with disastrous effects, but lets entertain this thought, so will we have a answer to the countries we export to which will do the exact same thing we would propose to do. the answer I am afraid would be trade wars which can lead to war. Perhaps our government comes back to reality and quit over regulating and over taxing our manufacturing base or once was our base so that this country can be competitive. Now just remember we have to be competitive in the world market place but we can't over tax it ore over regulate it, it's out of bounds, therefor we have to adjust and adapt here at home. If we fail another country will be more than willing to step up and push us aside.
    I'm sorry, it is clear that our current plan is hurting our workers. That is the bottom line. I don't care about the rich or CEOs. They are parasites. These policies are harmful to the working class. Call me when free-trade actually helps American workers.

  9. #69
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    I'm sorry, it is clear that our current plan is hurting our workers. That is the bottom line. I don't care about the rich or CEOs. They are parasites. These policies are harmful to the working class. Call me when free-trade actually helps American workers.
    You need to reread your post, and then ask yourself when was the last time a poor man or women gave you a job and wrote you a pay check every week. The American worker is being hurt because of our current tax laws and over regulation. No one is asking you to care about CEO's or the rich but remember one thing, they do most of the hiring in this country past and present and parasites can be found on all levels of society. Now your not free trade, you just advocated for tariffs did you not?
    Lastly how old are you?

  10. #70
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Profits soar amid mass layoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    You need to reread your post, and then ask yourself when was the last time a poor man or women gave you a job and wrote you a pay check every week. The American worker is being hurt because of our current tax laws and over regulation. No one is asking you to care about CEO's or the rich but remember one thing, they do most of the hiring in this country past and present and parasites can be found on all levels of society. Now your not free trade, you just advocated for tariffs did you not?
    Lastly how old are you?
    Of course I'm not free trade. Neither are a lot of people on the Left, however. Most of the rich people are creating jobs and writing checks for people in China and other foreign countries, so your argument does not hold water. As for my age it is not at all relevant to the issue unless you are one of those people who thinks being young makes you naive or ignorant. In which case I really don't care what you think, because age does not equal maturity. I know the argument though, I've heard it from a republican congressman it goes soemthing like "young people just vote feelings when they get out in the real world they'll be conservatives. Despite all the liberals and other leftists out in the "real world."

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •