Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 656

Thread: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

  1. #511
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion which of course you are entitled to. Not sure why you have such a problem with people keeping more of what they earn. People with more of their own money means less need for the current 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Budget and bureaucrats that created the 14.6 trillion dollar debt.

    Where the money went is a personal choice that liberals seem to have a problem with. My suggestion to you is the same one as given to Buffet, you don't believe you are paying enough in taxes send a bigger "contribution" into the Federal Govt. I am sure the consumers that keep more of their money will have no problem with that.
    I have absolutely no problem with people keeping more of their own money; i do my best to minimize my tax liabilities. But again this has nothing to do with me. The fact remains that increasing deficits during periods of strong economic growth is a horrible economic policy that we continue to pay the price for. Nothing you have ever stated negates this point!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #512
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    [QUOTE=Goldenboy219;1059749766]I have absolutely no problem with people keeping more of their own money; i do my best to minimize my tax liabilities. But again this has nothing to do with me. The fact remains that increasing deficits during periods of strong economic growth is a horrible economic policy that we continue to pay the price for. Nothing you have ever stated negates this point![/QUOTE

    the best way to prevent deficits is to stop spending. We don't need a 3.7 trillion dollar govt. and the nanny state promoted by liberals and therein lies the problem. Too many people always ignore the spending side to focus on the revenue side. Like it or not a consumer driven economy relies on consumer spending and that is 2/3 of our GDP now which puts us in real trouble with we have 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans with limited money. Those people have to get back to work full time paying taxes to help fund this govt. if spending cuts aren't going to occur. If spending cuts don't occur I prefer being in a position having more of my own money so I need less of that so called govt. help.

    What I have said over the years is Govt. doesn't need to be this big and our Founders never envisioned a govt. this size or spending at this level. They put the power at the state and local level with the people and that is where it belongs. Too much duplication at the Federal level for what the states are also doing. Federal Social engineering with things like the Great Society and New Deal all meant well but like all liberal programs have grown out of control. What was tabbed as spending in the name of compassion has yet to generate compassionate results meaning actually solving a social problem. Nothing you have said has negated that reality either.

  3. #513
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with people keeping more of their own money; i do my best to minimize my tax liabilities. But again this has nothing to do with me. The fact remains that increasing deficits during periods of strong economic growth is a horrible economic policy that we continue to pay the price for. Nothing you have ever stated negates this point!
    the best way to prevent deficits is to stop spending. We don't need a 3.7 trillion dollar govt. and the nanny state promoted by liberals and therein lies the problem. Too many people always ignore the spending side to focus on the revenue side. Like it or not a consumer driven economy relies on consumer spending and that is 2/3 of our GDP now which puts us in real trouble with we have 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans with limited money. Those people have to get back to work full time paying taxes to help fund this govt. if spending cuts aren't going to occur. If spending cuts don't occur I prefer being in a position having more of my own money so I need less of that so called govt. help.

    What I have said over the years is Govt. doesn't need to be this big and our Founders never envisioned a govt. this size or spending at this level. They put the power at the state and local level with the people and that is where it belongs. Too much duplication at the Federal level for what the states are also doing. Federal Social engineering with things like the Great Society and New Deal all meant well but like all liberal programs have grown out of control. What was tabbed as spending in the name of compassion has yet to generate compassionate results meaning actually solving a social problem. Nothing you have said has negated that reality either.
    I really don't understand what you were responding to, but repeating yourself in every post until you are blue in the face is not the way.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #514
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I really don't understand what you were responding to, but repeating yourself in every post until you are blue in the face is not the way.
    You know very well what I am saying, we don't need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal govt. with 50 states doing much of the very same thing you want the govt. to do. We have a spending problem not a revenue problem but liberals want more revenue to pay for that 3.7 trillion dollar budget. That is total and complete bull**** and most people know it expecially when put in the words I just gave you.

  5. #515
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You know very well what I am saying, we don't need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal govt. with 50 states doing much of the very same thing you want the govt. to do. We have a spending problem not a revenue problem but liberals want more revenue to pay for that 3.7 trillion dollar budget. That is total and complete bull**** and most people know it expecially when put in the words I just gave you.
    You failed to respond to anything i stated, and instead invoked a straw man fallacy as a means to side step your other fallacy (cum hoc ergo propter hoc). I do not need a lecture on personal responsibility from some guy on the internet.

    Government spending will always increase during economic contraction, and will continue to swell until labor markets begin to stabilize. Being angry about it accomplishes nothing.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #516
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You failed to respond to anything i stated, and instead invoked a straw man fallacy as a means to side step your other fallacy (cum hoc ergo propter hoc). I do not need a lecture on personal responsibility from some guy on the internet.

    Government spending will always increase during economic contraction, and will continue to swell until labor markets begin to stabilize. Being angry about it accomplishes nothing.
    I doubt that anything anyone else says to you is going to be considered by you as responding to your posts. You always take things personally when the fact remains all that I have ever done is interject logic and common sense into your so called 'black and white" world of numbers, numbers that you even ignore. Continue to focus on the revenue side instead of the spending side. I will let you in on a little secret, there never will be enough money to fund the liberal spending appetite. Don't let that reality ever get in the way of your ideology. Fact, we don't need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Govt. and no one here has refuted that. Doubt you will ever grasp that.

  7. #517
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I doubt that anything anyone else says to you is going to be considered by you as responding to your posts. You always take things personally when the fact remains all that I have ever done is interject logic and common sense into your so called 'black and white" world of numbers, numbers that you even ignore. Continue to focus on the revenue side instead of the spending side. I will let you in on a little secret, there never will be enough money to fund the liberal spending appetite. Don't let that reality ever get in the way of your ideology. Fact, we don't need a 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Govt. and no one here has refuted that. Doubt you will ever grasp that.
    You have resorted to logical fallacies at every turn. My first post for this thread was made to point it out the cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Bush Tax cuts for all taxpayers led to economic growth that increased govt. revenue
    Then in an attempt to avoid admitting your fallacy, you go and state:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I have said over the years is Govt. doesn't need to be this big and our Founders never envisioned a govt. this size or spending at this level. They put the power at the state and local level with the people and that is where it belongs.
    Which is a straw man
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #518
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You have resorted to logical fallacies at every turn. My first post for this thread was made to point it out the cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

    Then in an attempt to avoid admitting your fallacy, you go and state:

    Which is a straw man
    You call them fallacies but that is your opinion, GDP growth shows that the economy grew and jobs were created after the Bush tax cuts. you seem to have a problem with taxpayers keeping more of their money. The question is why?

  9. #519
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You call them fallacies but that is your opinion
    You have been given the exact reason they are fallacies yet you simply refuse to accept it. Being in a state of denial ensures you will make similar mistakes in the future.

    GDP growth shows that the economy grew and jobs were created after the Bush tax cuts.
    Exactly! But in no way what-so-ever does that equate to the Bush tax cuts being the reason for the growth. Hence the cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Correlation does imply causation.

    you seem to have a problem with taxpayers keeping more of their money. The question is why?
    No i do not. The better question is, why do you continue to assume my position and then attack it based on that same assumption? There is a name for such behavior.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #520
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You have been given the exact reason they are fallacies yet you simply refuse to accept it. Being in a state of denial ensures you will make similar mistakes in the future.



    Exactly! But in no way what-so-ever does that equate to the Bush tax cuts being the reason for the growth. Hence the cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Correlation does imply causation.



    No i do not. The better question is, why do you continue to assume my position and then attack it based on that same assumption? There is a name for such behavior.
    Let me know what affect keeping more of your income has on consumer spending, demand, and jobs. If you want to believe a consumer economy is boosted by the taxpayers having less spendable income, so be it.

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •