Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 656

Thread: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That was an ad hom fallacy
    Whatever. It is true, nevertheless.

  2. #462
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Whatever. It is true, nevertheless.
    res ipso loquitor
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    09-14-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    879

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    New debt ceiling deal (8/2/2011)

    The debt ceiling negotiation reveals one truth, that this nation is controlled by a covert dictatorship which represents the interest of a rich people group, and the so said law makers don't represent the voters any more.

    1. The tax cut law was proposed and carried out by former present Bush. It is proved being a failed policy. In Bush's eight years term, the national debt raised from 6 trillian to 12 trillian. His tax cut law contributes big in debt increasing. Yet, when Obama wanted to recover the tax rate on rich people, the law makers resisted. It proves they are now working for a little group of rich people not for the majority of Americans.

    2. War in Iraq and in Afghanistan is another factor to the deficit of the budget. US military expense and war expense add together almost equal to the total expense of all other countries in this world. That's an extra heavy burden of the American tax payers. The strange thing is nobody dares to speak out. No media, no politician dares to finger at it. It's another proof the US has become a covert dictatorship. In it media and politicians all are controlled by the Inside group. They no longer are the voice of people.

    3. The victim of the new balance deal will be the American people. More people will lose their jobs and welfare aid in new budget. They will have less money to spend. How could economy recover in this foundation? The economy of US will continue remain in stagnation if not going worse.

    4. The result of today's situation is people can't elect their own representatives. The government insiders have controlled the intelligence and the media. They select politicians of their own through rigged election. (because they control the intelligence) They justify the election result through the fake poll of the media.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    A new poll by CBS News shows a majority of Americans - Democrat, Independent and Republican - prefer a combination of spending cuts and tax increases as part of a deal to raise the debt ceiling. SO, when is the GOP going to catch up?
    No problem on a couple conditions, explain the following to me

    Why did Democrats agree to $1 in tax increases for every $3 in spending cuts during the GHW Bush Administration and then renege on the spending cuts?

    Explain to me how tax increases put 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans back to work full time paying full taxes?

    Who pays those tax increases and does that change the 70 million income earning Americans who pay zero in Federal Income taxes forcing them to pay something?

    Answer those to my satisfaction and I will agree with tax increases

  5. #465
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No problem on a couple conditions, explain the following to me

    Why did Democrats agree to $1 in tax increases for every $3 in spending cuts during the GHW Bush Administration and then renege on the spending cuts?

    Explain to me how tax increases put 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans back to work full time paying full taxes?

    Who pays those tax increases and does that change the 70 million income earning Americans who pay zero in Federal Income taxes forcing them to pay something?

    Answer those to my satisfaction and I will agree with tax increases
    At the end of the day we must pay our bills. So if the country elects a congress that wants to spend $3.8 trillion, then we should also have a congress that finds a way to pay for that. Perhaps the best way to curb spending is to insure that we have to cover that spending with taxes.

    You would think that people could connect the dots on what is happening between our states. texas which is business and tax friendly has grown jobs, while my state of CT continues to raise taxes and suffer. People and companies have a choice on where they locate. The same is true with the Federal government. How much of mess would it be if corporate headquarters moved out of the country or if rich folks moved their residences outside the U.S.

  6. #466
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    At the end of the day we must pay our bills. So if the country elects a congress that wants to spend $3.8 trillion, then we should also have a congress that finds a way to pay for that. Perhaps the best way to curb spending is to insure that we have to cover that spending with taxes.

    You would think that people could connect the dots on what is happening between our states. texas which is business and tax friendly has grown jobs, while my state of CT continues to raise taxes and suffer. People and companies have a choice on where they locate. The same is true with the Federal government. How much of mess would it be if corporate headquarters moved out of the country or if rich folks moved their residences outside the U.S.
    I have always said it is liberal arrogance even among themselves. Liberals always believe spending is necessary as a safety net for individuals that cannot take care of themselves yet not one have they ever defined how many that is. Liberal arrogance always claims that the last group of liberals didn't spend the money right and that we need a new group of liberals this time to do it right. Interest that no liberal ever gets it right.

    TX is taking a lot of hits from those arrogant liberals yet TX continues to vote conservative and has grown the conservative ranks as the Nov. 2010 election showed. What that election also shows is that the liberal claims about TX are false and the people here actually get it. Personal responsibility exists in TX and Texans recognize it is the role of individuals to solve their own personal problems not the govt.

    It really is a shame the education some are receiving today from leftwing professors who couldn't make it in the private sector.

  7. #467
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    New debt ceiling deal (8/2/2011)

    The debt ceiling negotiation reveals one truth, that this nation is controlled by a covert dictatorship which represents the interest of a rich people group, and the so said law makers don't represent the voters any more.

    1. The tax cut law was proposed and carried out by former present Bush. It is proved being a failed policy. In Bush's eight years term, the national debt raised from 6 trillian to 12 trillian. His tax cut law contributes big in debt increasing. Yet, when Obama wanted to recover the tax rate on rich people, the law makers resisted. It proves they are now working for a little group of rich people not for the majority of Americans.

    2. War in Iraq and in Afghanistan is another factor to the deficit of the budget. US military expense and war expense add together almost equal to the total expense of all other countries in this world. That's an extra heavy burden of the American tax payers. The strange thing is nobody dares to speak out. No media, no politician dares to finger at it. It's another proof the US has become a covert dictatorship. In it media and politicians all are controlled by the Inside group. They no longer are the voice of people.

    3. The victim of the new balance deal will be the American people. More people will lose their jobs and welfare aid in new budget. They will have less money to spend. How could economy recover in this foundation? The economy of US will continue remain in stagnation if not going worse.

    4. The result of today's situation is people can't elect their own representatives. The government insiders have controlled the intelligence and the media. They select politicians of their own through rigged election. (because they control the intelligence) They justify the election result through the fake poll of the media.
    Yet with the exception of 2008 and 2001-2002 Federal Tax revenue grew after the complete execution of the Bush tax cuts. How do you explain it. You buy the liberal rhetoric yet ignore the actual results.

  8. #468
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet with the exception of 2008 and 2001-2002 Federal Tax revenue grew after the complete execution of the Bush tax cuts. How do you explain it. You buy the liberal rhetoric yet ignore the actual results.
    It's explained by the growth in GDP due to Clintons policies which created 22 million new jobs and 22 million new taxpayers. The reason we have a deficit now is due to bush*'s job destruction program, fueled by tax cuts and runaway spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #469
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's explained by the growth in GDP due to Clintons policies which created 22 million new jobs and 22 million new taxpayers. The reason we have a deficit now is due to bush*'s job destruction program, fueled by tax cuts and runaway spending.
    Notice you never talk about the dot.com bubble bursting nor the fact that Clinton economic policies led to the Republicans taking over Congress in the 1994 elections. how convenient.

    By the way the job creation for Clinton was 18 million jobs, not 22 million. Your leftwing sites distorted the record again just like those leftwing sites ignored the Clinton recession in March 2001. But again that is off thread topic.

    Didn't Barack Obama inherit a AAA rating from Bush?
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-13-11 at 01:26 PM.

  10. #470
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Notice you never talk about the dot.com bubble bursting nor the fact that Clinton economic policies led to the Republicans taking over Congress in the 1994 elections. how convenient
    I noticed that, as always, you can't refute what I said
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •