Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 656

Thread: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

  1. #441
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, I don't. But I support politicians who would impose higher tax rates uniformly. Paying higher taxes by myself would accomplish nothing.
    I see, so you think you pay too little, and want everyone elses taxes raised, but are unwilling to stroke a check yourself...pfft...I think that shows just how uncommitted to your own argument you are.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #442
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I see, so you think you pay too little, and want everyone elses taxes raised, but are unwilling to stroke a check yourself...pfft...I think that shows just how uncommitted to your own argument you are.

    j-mac
    He has already explained why, and he was right. It's a shame that you can only have a point by ignoring what he said. It is cowardly to retreat from his point. Even worse was the way you twisted his words so that you could claim that he said that he wants "everyone elses' taxes raised" when he clearly said he would be happy if his taxes were raised along with everyone elses'
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #443
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I see, so you think you pay too little, and want everyone elses taxes raised, but are unwilling to stroke a check yourself...pfft...I think that shows just how uncommitted to your own argument you are.

    j-mac
    *Sigh*

    No, I think that everyone pays too little, and that everyone -- myself included -- should pay more. But I understand that it would be pointless to pay more by myself insofar as it wouldn't even amount to a rounding error in terms of the over all federal budget.

    Here is an analogy for your argument: we can save the town if everyone in town gets together and works to put sand bags on top of the levy. But I am the only one in town who has signed on to do the work. Therefore it would be hypocritical for me not to put out the few sand bags I can, even though it would be completely ineffective.

    Nonsensical.

  4. #444
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He has already explained why, and he was right. It's a shame that you can only have a point by ignoring what he said. It is cowardly to retreat from his point. Even worse was the way you twisted his words so that you could claim that he said that he wants "everyone elses' taxes raised" when he clearly said he would be happy if his taxes were raised along with everyone elses'

    Yet he doesn't have the conviction to send in more of his own. See, that is where this quasi socialism breaks down...Everyone else should pay, which is fine until you run out of their money....

    More later, I have to hit the road.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #445
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yet he doesn't have the conviction to send in more of his own. See, that is where this quasi socialism breaks down...Everyone else should pay, which is fine until you run out of their money....

    More later, I have to hit the road.

    j-mac
    Again, you are simply being dishonest. My position is that I, and everyone else, should pay more. Not everyone but me.

  6. #446
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yet he doesn't have the conviction to send in more of his own. See, that is where this quasi socialism breaks down...Everyone else should pay, which is fine until you run out of their money....

    More later, I have to hit the road.

    j-mac
    Your determination to ignore the facts of what was said can only be explained by your inability to deal with the facts. I guess that even you must know that your argument is weak, so you won't even try to defend it. Instead, you make a weak attempt at offense by twisting what's been said.

    But I feel the rightwingers' pain. It must be hard to debate when the facts have a leftwing bias

    BTW, that road you're hitting was built and paid for by the middle class, not the wealthy the rightwingers slavishly dote on
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #447
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Not really, That Nobel winner is a fool. I was referring to Krugman
    That one is an even bigger fool.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #448
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    That one is an even bigger fool.
    Well, if a rightwinger on the internet says so, it must be true!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #449
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, if a rightwinger on the internet says so, it must be true!!
    Thanks... glad you agree.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #450
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Thanks... glad you agree.
    Glad to see you can't even understand a simple one sentence post.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •