Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 656

Thread: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

  1. #341
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Goldman never lost billions, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Goldman's $2.1 Billion Loss Ends Long Winning Streak - NYTimes.com

  2. #342
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The Koch brothers made the money by buying natural resources from the govt at subsidized prices
    Did Koch industries do anything illegal?

  3. #343
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And the Kock bros. depended on inheritance and govt largesse to make their money. Again, not an example of adding value. More like stealing from the people
    I take it you are intimately acquainted with the Koch family even though you do not know how to spell their name. Charles Koch became Chairman of Koch Industries 44 years ago. Since you know them so well, please answer a couple simple questions for me about Koch Industries:

    When his father stepped down as the leader of the company, what were the total revenues of Koch Industries and what are they today?
    How many people did Koch Industries employ in 1967 when Charles took over and how many do they have today?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by LesGovt; 08-01-11 at 11:35 PM.

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Taht is a qtr not a year.

  5. #345
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Taht is a qtr not a year.
    You didn't specify a time period. You just said they never lost billions.

  6. #346
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The Koch brothers made the money by buying natural resources from the govt at subsidized prices
    You got a link for that? A real link, not Leftist nut-job conspiracy trufer/warmer website.

  7. #347
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Goldman never lost billions, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Because the govt bailed them out
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #348
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Did Koch industries do anything illegal?
    Red herring. Illegality is not the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #349
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because the govt bailed them out
    The government, and Warren Buffet. And of course Lucifer.

  10. #350
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I take it you are intimately acquainted with the Koch family even though you do not know how to spell their name. Charles Koch became Chairman of Koch Industries 44 years ago. Since you know them so well, please answer a couple simple questions for me about Koch Industries:

    When his father stepped down as the leader of the company, what were the total revenues of Koch Industries and what are they today?
    How many people did Koch Industries employ in 1967 when Charles took over and how many do they have today?

    Thanks.
    I have no need to prove anything to you with your irrelevant and absurd questions. If you can't refute what I said, your nonsense questions are going to get you anywhere. Neither is pointing out a type
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •