Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 656

Thread: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

  1. #331
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If you have any information claiming that the Koch brothers sit around and play no active part in the management of their various corporations, I'd love to see it.

    From everything I've read about them, they play a very active role in their many companies.

    Unless you have information that they have not dramatically increased the value of the companies, your retort is irrelevant.
    The Koch brothers made the money by buying natural resources from the govt at subsidized prices
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #332
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,510

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I have never claimed that they didn't help grow the company. I'm simply pointing out that it's a lot easier to grow a decent-sized company that you've inherited from your father than it is to make it on your own. Do you disagree?
    So your issue is with your father?

    It's a lot easier to get better grades when your mother taught you basic mathematics, reading, writing, etc., by age 4. Are you saying we should not teach our kids that way?

    Have the Koch's forced you to pay them money or something that we're not being made aware of?

  3. #333
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    So your issue is with your father?

    It's a lot easier to get better grades when your mother taught you basic mathematics, reading, writing, etc., by age 4. Are you saying we should not teach our kids that way?

    Have the Koch's forced you to pay them money or something that we're not being made aware of?
    WHy dont you address what has actually been said?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #334
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You mean like the execs at Lehman Bros?
    No, Lehman Brothers was a public corporation and went bankrupt.

    Koch is private and very profitable.

    Any more questions ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #335
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The Koch brothers made the money by buying natural resources from the govt at subsidized prices
    You should spend more time reading actual sources rather than Daily Kos.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #336
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    So your issue is with your father?

    It's a lot easier to get better grades when your mother taught you basic mathematics, reading, writing, etc., by age 4. Are you saying we should not teach our kids that way?

    Have the Koch's forced you to pay them money or something that we're not being made aware of?
    Why do you have a problem admitting that it's a big advantage to inherit a company, relative to not inheriting one. I should think it's so obvious it's hardly worth mentioning.

  7. #337
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, Lehman Brothers was a public corporation and went bankrupt.

    Koch is private and very profitable.

    Any more questions ??
    But the execs at Lehman (and Goldman Sachs, and AIG, etc) made off with millions while losing billions and in some cases, bringing their corps down. Kind of contradicts your claim about how the wealthy made their money by building their employers business up

    And the Kock bros. depended on inheritance and govt largesse to make their money. Again, not an example of adding value. More like stealing from the people
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #338
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You should spend more time reading actual sources rather than Daily Kos.
    You should spend more time coming up with an argument. Your post contains none
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #339
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    I prefer spending cuts over tax increases, but I can deal with both.

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,359

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    But the execs at Lehman (and Goldman Sachs, and AIG, etc) made off with millions while losing billions and in some cases, bringing their corps down. Kind of contradicts your claim about how the wealthy made their money by building their employers business up

    And the Kock bros. depended on inheritance and govt largesse to make their money. Again, not an example of adding value. More like stealing from the people
    Goldman never lost billions, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •