Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 656

Thread: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

  1. #181
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Its republicans fault that democrats in the Senate tabled a bill on an entirely partisan vote?

  2. #182
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Its republicans fault that democrats in the Senate tabled a bill on an entirely partisan vote?
    Did I stutter?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #183
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    No. Your statement, like most of what you post, is nonsensical. If its so terrible, the Senate should not be afraid to debate it and vote on it and be on the record.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Latest:

    "From the markets' point of view, a two-stage plan is a non-starter because we now know it is amateur hour on Capitol Hill and we don't want to be painted in this corner again," said Christian Cooper, head of U.S. dollar derivatives trading in New York at Jefferies & Co.

    "There is significant risk of a downgrade with a deal that ties further cuts to another vote only a few months down the road given the significant resistance to do the right thing now," Cooper said.

    Against the euro, the dollar declined to $1.4384 in early trading, from $1.4360 late on July 22. It fell to 78.13 yen from 78.54. Futures on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index, the benchmark measure of U.S. equities, begin trading at 6 p.m. New York time today.

    Read more: Republicans Weigh Short-Term Debt Deal, Risking Obama Veto

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    The chorus describes the markets, come Monday.


  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    The chorus describes the markets, come Monday.
    Nothing bad is going to happen. But a great deal of good just might. The government won't be able to borrow any more money to grow even bigger. There will have to be fewer highly paid bureaucrats in extra-constitutional departments. And that is a very good thing.

  7. #187
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Nothing bad is going to happen. But a great deal of good just might. The government won't be able to borrow any more money to grow even bigger. There will have to be fewer highly paid bureaucrats in extra-constitutional departments. And that is a very good thing.
    the extra cost of having a lower credit rating is the equivalent of a massive tax increase. that isn't "bad?"

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    the extra cost of having a lower credit rating is the equivalent of a massive tax increase. that isn't "bad?"
    I don't believe that is going to happen either. I do believe there are plenty of people on the left who want to scare you into giving up still more of your lives and your freedom. This time, let's just walk away and see what happens.

  9. #189
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I don't believe that is going to happen either. I do believe there are plenty of people on the left who want to scare you into giving up still more of your lives and your freedom. This time, let's just walk away and see what happens.
    what evidence do you have that leads you to believe that the credit downgrade won't happen?

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Poll: Debt ceiling deal should include cuts and tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    what evidence do you have that leads you to believe that the credit downgrade won't happen?
    Why none of course. What evidence do you have that it will occur?
    The right answer is "None." So we will just have to wait and see.

Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •