Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    You guys don't realize he's actually winning this battle do you? By a lot.

    Obama approval on debt ceiling issue: 43%
    GOP approval: 21%

    The GOP have turned into stubborn reactionary ideologues with no interest in compromise since Obama entered office. Voters are starting to realize it.
    You realize that an actual reasoned and impartial review of those stats shows that the GOP's approval is largely that low not because of support for Obama or support for significant tax hikes over delayed spending, but rather because of significantly low approval on the part of Republicans themselves? You also realize multiple polls have came out showing Republicans significantly split between two camps....the one camp that feels we need to raise the debt ceiling but should get stuff out of it, and the other camp that feels we should not raise the debt ceiling. Notice neither camp is "raise taxes" or "do what Obama says".

    Because of those two camps, Republicans are displeased with their congressional representitives because there are people of both camps in congress, meaning there are people in congress members of both camps can be disapproving of.

    In all reality the polls show that things are rather normal in terms of your independents. More than 2/3rds of Democrats support the congressional Dem's, and the support for them hovers just under the national percentage of Democrats. The Republicans have a significant split, with over half the party being disapproving, so its explains why their approval number is lower. The President, historically, polls better than congress because its easier to express displeasure for the faceless entity that is the house and senate.

    Its a heavily slanted reading, that bears little factual evidence when one looks closely at the results of the poll, to suggest that the low approval of what Republicans are doing and higher approval for what Obama is doing equates to significantly more people WANTING what Obama is supporting.

    Additionally, you'd note, that none of the three entities that had the poll done about them recieved over 50% approval and all three had more disapproval than approval.

  2. #22
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You realize that an actual reasoned and impartial review of those stats shows that the GOP's approval is largely that low not because of support for Obama or support for significant tax hikes over delayed spending, but rather because of significantly low approval on the part of Republicans themselves? You also realize multiple polls have came out showing Republicans significantly split between two camps....the one camp that feels we need to raise the debt ceiling but should get stuff out of it, and the other camp that feels we should not raise the debt ceiling. Notice neither camp is "raise taxes" or "do what Obama says".

    Because of those two camps, Republicans are displeased with their congressional representitives because there are people of both camps in congress, meaning there are people in congress members of both camps can be disapproving of.

    In all reality the polls show that things are rather normal in terms of your independents. More than 2/3rds of Democrats support the congressional Dem's, and the support for them hovers just under the national percentage of Democrats. The Republicans have a significant split, with over half the party being disapproving, so its explains why their approval number is lower. The President, historically, polls better than congress because its easier to express displeasure for the faceless entity that is the house and senate.

    Its a heavily slanted reading, that bears little factual evidence when one looks closely at the results of the poll, to suggest that the low approval of what Republicans are doing and higher approval for what Obama is doing equates to significantly more people WANTING what Obama is supporting.

    Additionally, you'd note, that none of the three entities that had the poll done about them recieved over 50% approval and all three had more disapproval than approval.
    So in other words, your excuse is that people don't like Republicans anyway and prefer Obama + Democrats in general, so these numbers are no surprise?

    I'll take it. But that's hardly a rock solid defense.

  3. #23
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    2,798 LIES Later..........I think you would realize by now........what the 24-7 Lie Factory says and does are polar opposites.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Oh yes its all a "lie"? How could i be so stupid?!? Just like its a lie Obama passed the Bush tax cuts, just like its a lie that he pussed out on the public option for health care? Your head has to be really far up you know what doesnt it Badmutha?


  4. #24
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinktownUSA View Post
    Wow. Only a socialist could conclude this.
    Whats your point... He has....


  5. #25
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Do you know there's no direct connection between the phsyical space of a state and its total population? Yes Montana up there is a big red giant for example that could cover all the blue in New England, but its got just a fraction of the actual people... So you posted a map with shows land area, and made a claim about people....
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Damn! You caught him... Now he is gonna feel stupid and come back with a claim like this: "Just want till the Kenyan Tyrant NoBama and all his buddies get voted out in 2012! Yeeehaw!"


  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    So in other words, your excuse is that people don't like Republicans anyway and prefer Obama + Democrats in general, so these numbers are no surprise?

    I'll take it. But that's hardly a rock solid defense.
    What? Did you read what I even typed?

    My analysis of the poll is as such...

    The Democrat's in congress's support is within a small percent variation from the total amount of the population that are Democrats, which makes sense since the Democrats have been generally consistent within their party on what to do with this. This is backed up in part due to the relatively mild (only 30%) number of Democrats that disapproved of their congressional representitives.

    The Republicans in congress's support is a fair bit lower than their total amount in the population, which also makes sense because the Republicans are largely split within their party on what to do with regards to raising the debt limit or not so its more likely that members of their own base will be unhappy. This is backed up in part due to the rather high (Over 50%) number of Republicans disapproving of the Republicans in Congress.

    The President having the largest amount of support also is not that surprising since its a long believed trend within political science that an individual congressman, senator, or President is likely to have a better approval rating than an entire body of congress because of human nature to be more understanding of "their guy" over a group where they can convince themselves others are at fault. This is why even when Bush was having horrendous, monumental negatives as President he still was far higher than congress's approval.

    If the Republicans, despite the split in the base, had a 40 to 50% approval rating I would've said that would be shocking or telling. If the Democrats had a 20% or below rating I would've said that was telling. If either party had half of their base disapproving of them and yet had totals about on par with their total percentage of people in the population, I would've said that would be a surprise (would've shown significant independent pickup). Had the President been lower than either house of congress, that would've been surprising. If Obama had been over 50% approval, I would've been mildly surprised.

    However...all three having sub 50% approval ratings, with Republicans recording the lowest and Obama recording the highest? No, that's what I would've predicted had you told me what the poll would be looking at in the first place. Its what makes sense from a political science perspective when looking at the entire landscape.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    You guys don't realize he's actually winning this battle do you? By a lot.

    Obama approval on debt ceiling issue: 43%
    GOP approval: 21%

    The GOP have turned into stubborn reactionary ideologues with no interest in compromise since Obama entered office. Voters are starting to realize it.
    Obama was in the mid 50's before this debate started. Senate approval has been in the gutter for years.

  8. #28
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Obama was in the mid 50's before this debate started. Senate approval has been in the gutter for years.
    This isn't about his general approval rating, it's about his approval on the issue of the debt ceiling.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    He's being a Constitutional purist, exactly what I thought you wanted him to be.
    Obama wipes his ass with the Constitution.......please come back from Imaginationland.......
    .
    .
    .
    .

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Obama Officially Threatens to Veto "Cut, Cap, Balance"

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Oh yes its all a "lie"? How could i be so stupid?!?:roll
    ....because your a Socialist who votes Democrat.......a culmination of stupid.

    : Just like its a lie Obama passed the Bush tax cuts, just like its a lie that he pussed out on the public option for health care? Your head has to be really far up you know what doesnt it Badmutha?
    .....because The Kenyan Tyrant wanted the Bush Tax Cuts and didnt want a Public Option?.......you have to be high on MarijObama or Hopium.
    .
    .
    .
    .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •