Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 232

Thread: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    You failed to take that into account. How is that my problem?
    It's neither your problem nor mine. I'm merely correcting your mistake that adding inflation "doesn't change the math."

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Sounds fake, but who cares, anyway? The Sheeple remain dumber than dirt. They believe the last thing they saw on TV, from one moment to the next. They damned sure don't know what's truly good for them. DEFAULT AND CRASH THIS ANIMAL.
    Your utter contempt for the American people is duly noted.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #83
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    But that evades the whole point of how come members of the Tea Party run as members of the Republican Party and not as members of the Tea party? You first tried to avoid answering with some deflection about how theTea Party isn't a registered political party. But I showed you it is in some places; and there is no reason it can't be nationally.
    You've shown someone who claims to be something you assume in 2009 registered a 3rd party in Florida via a Politico blog. I'm simply pointing out what someone claims they are and what they actually are do not necessarily jive.

    I'll point out you evaded my question as to why socialists don't run on the socialist ticket but run as Democrats.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    True, but then you have no evidence that a registered-Republican, tax-hating, self-described Conservative, isn't a "real Republican."
    Why would I need evidence? And of course it's true.


    A Brief History of Blue Dog Democrats - TIME
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #84
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's neither your problem nor mine. I'm merely correcting your mistake that adding inflation "doesn't change the math."
    They were your numbers... you posted incorrect information - it's your mistake not mine. See, I'll show it to you:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Obama ............ 25.9%
    Bush ............... 34.2%
    Clinton ............ 10.7%
    GHW Bush ....... 11.1%
    Reagan ............ 11.7%
    Carter ............... 1.9%
    Nixon ................ 2.1%
    Johnson ............. 0.3%
    Kennedy ............ 0.2%
    Eisenhower ........ 0.2%
    Your post... why would you post incorrect information? I don't get it.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    You've shown someone who claims to be something you assume in 2009 registered a 3rd party in Florida via a Politico blog. I'm simply pointing out what someone claims they are and what they actually are do not necessarily jive.
    Again, that's a deflection from my original question as to why members of the Tea Party won't run for office as members of the Tea Party. I'll just assume you keep deflecting because you really don't have an answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    I'll point out you evaded my question as to why socialists don't run on the socialist ticket but run as Democrats.
    Well I asked you for an example but you never gave one. How do I know there even is such a thing? Name a Democrat in office who is a member of the Socialist Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    Why would I need evidence? And of course it's true.

    A Brief History of Blue Dog Democrats - TIME
    Well usually, when someone believes something to be true, they base it on something. And btw, Blue Dog Democrats, while Conservative, were still registered Democrats. O'Neal is a Conservative Republican.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    They were your numbers... you posted incorrect information - it's your mistake not mine. See, I'll show it to you:



    Your post... why would you post incorrect information? I don't get it.
    Hey, why did you leave out the asterisk I put in there, explaining those numbers did not include inflation? How dishonest of you. Tsk, tsk.

    :

  7. #87
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Yeah, fiscal sanity, a balanced federal budget... all just KOOKY things!!
    No america is hearing the spin from people like yourself who have no idea what the Tea Party is about, but just regurgitates political talking points they have heard. How many tea party meetings have you gone to? How many tea party members have you asked "What are you guys all about? Did you know a lot of people think your radical and racist?" How much valid policy (not political) information have your read on the Tea Party? My guess is 1.) None 2.) None and 3.) None and 4.) None.
    I know exactly what the teaparty is about now...and I know very well what they started out as...I went to 4 local rallys in the beginning and what I saw there were dozens upon dozens of babyboomer working class gungho for what they THOUGHT the teaparty was..before it morphed into lets screw teh working class and give big tax breaks to the rich and corps..

    If the teaparty wanted a balanced share the pain approach I would be for them...that is NOT what they want that is not what they have EVER presented all they harp on is screw the working class and take from them to pay the deficit and give it to my buddies...my congressman is starting to realize what hes up against...I got a letter from him today with an entirely different tone and approach the babyboomer gops down here are kicking his ass with negative emails

  8. #88
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Doesn't change the math. If Obama's 2 1/2 years are any indication of future performance of his last 1 1/2 years, Obama will be at 33.9% in 4 years compared to 34.2% for 'ol George W. Give Obama another 4 years starting in 2012 and we have a new spend / debt leader that kicks the crap out of 'ol George W.
    Um, President didn't create all that debt, much of it is due to the lost jobs (and tax revenue) that started in the Bush administration.


  9. #89
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Again, that's a deflection from my original question as to why members of the Tea Party won't run for office as members of the Tea Party. I'll just assume you keep deflecting because you really don't have an answer.
    Why aren't socialists running on the socialist ticket then? You avoid the question because you don't want to answer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well I asked you for an example but you never gave one. How do I know there even is such a thing? Name a Democrat in office who is a member of the Socialist Party?
    So you still refuse to answer...

    Waters, Kucinich, Sanders... take your pick. And before you say they're not socialists, well, according to the DSA (that's Democratic Socialists of America) back in 1998 they were.

    Courtesy of the Wayback Machine
    Members of the Progressive Caucus

    Today for some reason, they don't list Congressional members there anymore. Wonder why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well usually, when someone believes something to be true, they base it on something. And btw, Blue Dog Democrats, while Conservative, were still registered Democrats. O'Neal is a Conservative Republican.
    I never claimed they were other than Democrats and it would be a safe assumption that since I posted the link, that I would have know they were registered Democrats prior to my cutting and pasting the link. Therefore your earlier statement and assumption that since a person is against taxes they must be Conservative isn't true, and they don't even have to be Republican.

    Fred O'Neal... Tampa Bay Florida... founder of the "Taxed Enough Party" (TEA Party) is a Registered Democrat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine News
    The key to consensus, he says, is to focus on "principles and values" from a constitutional foundation.

    Fred O'Neal took his Democratic Party membership and founded the nation's first official political tea party, the Florida TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party.

    "I had re-registered Democrat from Republican in 2005, primarily because of how the Iraq War/occupation was going at the time.
    Not Just a GOP Affair, Tea Party Mixes in Democrats | Sunshine State News



    Tsk tsk... at least TRY and do a better job at obfuscation than that.

    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #90
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Um, President didn't create all that debt, much of it is due to the lost jobs (and tax revenue) that started in the Bush administration.
    Um.. I guess according to you it was little green men from mars that spent all Obama's money while he was golfing then.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •