Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 232

Thread: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

  1. #91
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Hey, why did you leave out the asterisk I put in there, explaining those numbers did not include inflation? How dishonest of you. Tsk, tsk.

    :
    Why would you post incorrect numbers? You still haven't answered...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #92
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Nope, no reason to.
    certainly not.... just keep on, keepin' on. I can live with that in 2012.

  3. #93
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    certainly not.... just keep on, keepin' on. I can live with that in 2012.
    Me too. Sometimes principles have to trump politics. If that gives Obama another 4 years to destroy this country - maybe it's all for the best.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #94
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Sounds fake, but who cares, anyway? The Sheeple remain dumber than dirt. They believe the last thing they saw on TV, from one moment to the next. They damned sure don't know what's truly good for them. DEFAULT AND CRASH THIS ANIMAL.
    I agree with your assessment, given that the Tea Party members are not clear thinkers, but sheepies.

    So, to restate: the Tea Baggers remain dumber than dirt. They believe the last thing they saw on TV (Fox), from one moment to the next. They damned sure don't know what's truly good for them (the party they support only is interested in the 1%, and they are not...). DEFAULT AND CRASH THIS ANIMAL.[/QUOTE]... and watch what happens in 2012.... fools.

  5. #95
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I agree with your assessment, given that the Tea Party members are not clear thinkers, but sheepies.

    So, to restate: the Tea Baggers remain dumber than dirt. They believe the last thing they saw on TV (Fox), from one moment to the next. They damned sure don't know what's truly good for them (the party they support only is interested in the 1%, and they are not...). DEFAULT AND CRASH THIS ANIMAL.... and watch what happens in 2012.... fools.
    Democrats only know one thing - how to spend like there's no tomorrow. 2012 will have Obama spending this country into slavery to China. They can't help themselves. While demonizing the Tea Party as whatever you last saw on MSNBC (I think you've been channeling Ed ****z or possibly Mancow's talking points), the reality is the Tea Party pushing for fiscal responsibility which flys in the face of spend spend spend progressive liberal hacks. 2012 with Obama killing off this country might be a good thing... perhaps that will see progressive liberalism die a long slow painful death as it so deserves. Best bury decomposing **** instead of having it stink up the place when it all does crash. Progressive dumbasses.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    Why aren't socialists running on the socialist ticket then? You avoid the question because you don't want to answer.
    Who says thaty don't? Guess you didn't do your homework, in 2008, they ran Roger Calegro for President. How come the Tea Party won't do that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    So you still refuse to answer...

    Waters, Kucinich, Sanders... take your pick. And before you say they're not socialists, well, according to the DSA (that's Democratic Socialists of America) back in 1998 they were.

    Courtesy of the Wayback Machine
    Members of the Progressive Caucus

    Today for some reason, they don't list Congressional members there anymore. Wonder why?
    What they are not ... are members of the Socialist Party. The Socialist Party runs candidates from their party. The Tea Party runs candidates as Republicans.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    Therefore your earlier statement and assumption that since a person is against taxes they must be Conservative isn't true, and they don't even have to be Republican.

    Fred O'Neal... Tampa Bay Florida... founder of the "Taxed Enough Party" (TEA Party) is a Registered Democrat.



    Not Just a GOP Affair, Tea Party Mixes in Democrats | Sunshine State News



    Tsk tsk... at least TRY and do a better job at obfuscation than that.

    Fair enough, he is now a registered Tea Partier and I apologize for getting that wrong. I read he was a registered Republican, but according to the link you posted, he was until he switched in 2005 to the Democrat Party because he was unhappy with the war in Iraq; before switching to the Tea Party in 2009. Still, wrong is wrong and I was wrong to say he "is" a Registered Republican.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    Why would you post incorrect numbers? You still haven't answered...
    I didn't post incorrect numbers. I posted debt numbers which appear on the Treasury website which excluded inflation and put a note at the bottom of my chart to that effect. Why do you think the Treasury numbers are wrong?

  8. #98
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Um.. I guess according to you it was little green men from mars that spent all Obama's money while he was golfing then.
    That's a dodge.
    If the debt was as bad as the conservatives say it is, why oh why, are countries willing to buy it? If you had too much debt, you couldn't get a loan with an interest rate even close to the current ones.


  9. #99
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,269

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Nonsense..... Obama is holding folks hostage, this is not compromise.

    Oh God. I just love the RW spin. Hilarious.

  10. #100
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post

    It would seem the GOP misinterpreted and overplayed their 2010 win in the House. They interpreted need by the people for more jobs as a call for further tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the elderly and the poor. Since the only demograhic the GOP could depend on previously was the elderly, they blew it big time with their proposal to cut SS and Medicare to provide further tax cuts for the wealthy.

    Ryan's budget was the turning point, it allowed the voters to see the GOP's true intentions, assuring a big win for the Dems and Obama in 2012.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •