Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 166

Thread: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

  1. #141
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one has claimed there is Rev. The claim is that the problem is not the union.


    Isn't the union appealing these druggin and drinkin machine shop workers?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,125

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I won't take your word for it, you would need to provide evidence of this, and it's acceptance, and it's rate of occurrance in order for it to be an argument that holds merit.






    how is it "against" unionized workers? Are they confused about not being allowed to drink on the job?
    I could not care less what you accept and what you do not accept from me. If you want to stand there with your fingers jammed into your ears, your eyes firmly shut and your head stuck in the sand like an ostrich - that is your right. The reality that some suits drink on lunch and others are even spent to spend large parts of the day in clubs entertaining clients is not exactly news..... but feel free to pretend that you do not know the score in the real world if that makes your debating position stronger in your own mind.

    Your own demanded standards are not even met by the news story of these few workers but that does not stop you from riding it like its going to carry you to victory.

    And why do you keep strawmanning this issue? Nobody wants workers to drink on the job. Got that?
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-18-11 at 09:30 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #143
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I could not care less what you accept and what you do not accept from me. If you want to stand there with your fingers jammed into your ears, your eyes firmly shut and your head stuck in the sand like an ostrich - that is your right. The reality that some suits drink on lunch and others are even spent to spend large parts of the day in clubs entertaining clients is not exactly news..... but feel free to pretend that you do not know the score in the real world if that makes your debating position stronger in your own mind.

    Your own demanded standards are not even met by the news story of these few workers but that does not stop you from riding it like its going to carry you to victory.

    And why do you keep strawmanning this issue? Nobody wants workers to drink on the job. Got that?


    Out company does lots of work and bidding for several in the auto industry, More than one company has a policy of no drinking, even when my sales folks are buying.... I know folks who work with ford, GM, and chrysler, and other than maybe some top executives, drinking on the job is a no-no, just as it is for the union folk.

    there is know "war on the working class" via a "martini lunch".....
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  4. #144
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,653
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Isn't the union appealing these druggin and drinkin machine shop workers?
    The union is representing the workers, which is their obligation. In cases like this, think of the union as kinda like lawyers.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  5. #145
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The union is representing the workers, which is their obligation. In cases like this, think of the union as kinda like lawyers.

    hmm. Ok, I can undestand that... Like the whole PBA lawyer stuff, they aren't condoning drinking on the hi-los.... I get it...
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  6. #146
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,653
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    hmm. Ok, I can undestand that... Like the whole PBA lawyer stuff, they aren't condoning drinking on the hi-los.... I get it...
    I have no clue what a PBA lawyer is, so cannot comment on the comparison.

    The union's part in worker dispute hearings is to ensure that the worker's rights under the contract are not violated. They may present the case for the worker. In an appeal situation, it's the worker who decides to appeal. If they do, the union represents them as presented above.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,125

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Out company does lots of work and bidding for several in the auto industry, More than one company has a policy of no drinking, even when my sales folks are buying.... I know folks who work with ford, GM, and chrysler, and other than maybe some top executives, drinking on the job is a no-no, just as it is for the union folk.

    there is know "war on the working class" via a "martini lunch".....
    My neighbor owns his own shop which depends on Ford parts contracts. He spends at least two afternoons most weeks across the river in Windsor entertaining Ford executives at the nudie ballet bars in Canada. He has a regular account there and spends so much money on food and drinks and 'incidentals' that they simply bill him monthly. He could educate you on the ability of Ford suits to imbibe and sate their demands for physical pleasure.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #148
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    My neighbor owns his own shop which depends on Ford parts contracts. He spends at least two afternoons most weeks across the river in Windsor entertaining Ford executives at the nudie ballet bars in Canada. He has a regular account there and spends so much money on food and drinks and 'incidentals' that they simply bill him monthly. He could educate you on the ability of Ford suits to imbibe and sate their demands for physical pleasure.

    Again, anecdotal without evidence is not evidence. I won't simply take your word for it here, perhaps you have some linkable evidence that would support your claim.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  9. #149
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    But you're a socialist, so we expect it of you.
    Oh ya! Cuz socialists are lazy, government loving, freeloaders


  10. #150
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,292

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Again, anecdotal without evidence is not evidence. I won't simply take your word for it here, perhaps you have some linkable evidence that would support your claim.
    I suggest going to a strip club during lunch then, see how many people pop in for an hour or two then go back to work. They are very unlikely to be blue collars workers doing that
    Conservatives believe that the government is incompetent, and seek to elect people who will ensure it is

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •