Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 166

Thread: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

  1. #131
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not all(or even most) jobs in auto plants are "heavy equipment" jobs.


    So then the Union should fight to allow the parts dept to drink at lunch? I am not following the logic here.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #132
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So then the Union should fight to allow the parts dept to drink at lunch? I am not following the logic here.
    Seeing that it happens every day, all the time anyway. (I guess that's the logic... )
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So then the Union should fight to allow the parts dept to drink at lunch? I am not following the logic here.
    Straw man Rev. I did not say that, I simply corrected the inaccurate part of your post.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #134
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So some white collar exec takes a client to the local version of SCORES, drinks for a couple of hours and then comes back to his office three sheets to the wind. So how good are the decisions he is going to make on behalf of the company, its employees, its total operations at that particular time?

    I won't take your word for it, you would need to provide evidence of this, and it's acceptance, and it's rate of occurrance in order for it to be an argument that holds merit.




    The point here is NOT that anybody should be drinking on the job. The point here is that there is a double standard in effect and it works against the unionized workers allowing anti-union people to exploit when a small number of line workers are caught doing this while the news media ignores the suits doing the same thing.

    how is it "against" unionized workers? Are they confused about not being allowed to drink on the job?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #135
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Straw man Rev. I did not say that, I simply corrected the inaccurate part of your post.
    It's not an arguement, it's a question to try and understand that thought process...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #136
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Straw man Rev. I did not say that, I simply corrected the inaccurate part of your post.
    It was a question... but, Actually think about it, it's not a strawman, let's say your the parts counter guy you go to get a muffler for a customers 89 thunderbird, and when you get it from a low level bin, the dood who spent his lunch break with a 6 pack of steel city, doesn't see you there as he barrels down on you in his hi-lo..,..

    Drinking affects more than the drinker.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #137
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Actually think about it, it's not a strawman, let's say your the parts counter guy you go to get a muffler for a customers 89 thunderbird, and when you get it from a low level bin, the dood who spent his lunch break with a 6 pack of steel city, doesn't see you there as he barrels down on you in his hi-lo..,..

    Drinking affects more than the drinker.
    No, you are assuming the guys doing the drinking(which no one has defended) is the one driving the hilo. Most likely, he is someone who stands in one spot operating some machine that he can get rate on for 8 hours in about an hour and a half and which has so many safety devices the only way he could hurt himself with it is if he tried to pick it up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  8. #138
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, you are assuming the guys doing the drinking(which no one has defended) is the one driving the hilo. Most likely, he is someone who stands in one spot operating some machine that he can get rate on for 8 hours in about an hour and a half and which has so many safety devices the only way he could hurt himself with it is if he tried to pick it up.

    Or when he stumbles off the line and into a steel press.....Or when he stumbles into, and, or when he......


    There is no place for drinking on the job in a warehouse/factory, etc. at all.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  9. #139
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Let's put this in perspective to the thread:


    The Fox TV station in Detroit has again caught on video Chrysler union workers smoking dope and drinking before work and on their lunch break.

    This time it was not in a public park, but in the parking lot of their nearby United Auto Workers union hall, before they headed back to finish their shift at Chrysler Group's Trenton engine plant that builds the new Fiat 4-cylinder for world use.

    In what world is this safe, and in what world could someone call calling this out a "war on the working class"?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  10. #140
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Or when he stumbles off the line and into a steel press.....Or when he stumbles into, and, or when he......


    There is no place for drinking on the job in a warehouse/factory, etc. at all.
    No one has claimed there is Rev. The claim is that the problem is not the union.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •