Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 166

Thread: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

  1. #91
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Freedom of choice and association. I'm sorry if that interferes with your profit margin. People like you claim to be about personal liberties yet you'll vehemently oppose the rights of individuals when it threatens the all-important interests of the company.
    Shouldn't the business owners have the freedom, to not associate with people who want to form unions?

    I think this "news" story is dumb, but that freedom of association goes both ways.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Shouldn't the business owners have the freedom, to not associate with people who want to form unions?

    I think this "news" story is dumb, but that freedom of association goes both ways.
    Less so with the employer as the employee. If I want a job and dont want to belong to the union I shouldn't be forced to associate with those I'd rather not.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    In the middle of Dearborn, Michigan, the Ford Motor Company has several high rise glass towers which house thousands of white collar office workers who manage the company and perform the administrative work necessary to operate. There are many restaurants and bars located near those facilities which cater to the FoMoCo suits. You can go into many of them on a work day during lunch and see the suits eating lunch and many consume several alcoholic drinks with their meal.

    Of course, they are not unionized, so the fact that they are doing this does not make the news.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #94
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Oh my god! Dont tell me people use drugs and drink on a lunch break!
    I don't know if this has been brought up elsewhere in this thread, but I'm sure that corporate executives never hook up important clients with high-end booze, coke, and hookers in order to get consideration for contracts.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Our tax dollars hard at work.........

    .....in a UAW Union Hall Parking lot to boot.......



    Our bankrupt grandchildren's grandchildren will be so happy we bailed out the bloated salaries, gold plated health care, and diamond inlayed pensions of these UAW Union Slobs............

    Built With Union Pride.....and a few beers and joints........
    The only difference between them and the overpaid executives of major corporations is... they got caught and don't have power and wealth to keep it hushed.

    Platinum/Palladium health care, check
    Bloated salaries, check
    Bloated and wholly undeserved bonuses, check
    Pensions for three years of service, that aren't touched (looted) during mergers, check
    Largely responsible for the mess we're in now..... CHECK!

    After the way the executives of this country have royally bent the middle class over the barrel... I don't blame them for feeling like they need mother's little helpers to get through the day.

    Funny how what used to be a bloated hourly wage now barely pays the essentials for a family of four.

    I'd be willing to bet that if you took chem samples of every executive office, you'd find a shocking number with some drug residue or another... and certain that the old boys have a fifth of fine hooch in the credenza... They are not responsible for building an engine, but in responsibly managing globally interconnected finances... nothing gets you drunk faster than power...

    BM, you've really got to move out of that glass house of yours. Doesn't seem like there could be a single pain of glass left unbroken...

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up elsewhere in this thread, but I'm sure that corporate executives never hook up important clients with high-end booze, coke, and hookers in order to get consideration for contracts.
    Ahh... didn't see this... that's what I get for not reading the whole thread...

    cheers! you said it much more succinctly than I...

  7. #97
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Our tax dollars hard at work.........

    .....in a UAW Union Hall Parking lot to boot.......



    Our bankrupt grandchildren's grandchildren will be so happy we bailed out the bloated salaries, gold plated health care, and diamond inlayed pensions of these UAW Union Slobs............

    Built With Union Pride.....and a few beers and joints........
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Why are these people the ONLY people who ever get 'busted' for doing this when A LOT of companies and government employees DO EXACTLY THIS on their breaks - shoot - at their desks?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #98
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Why are these people the ONLY people who ever get 'busted' for doing this when A LOT of companies and government employees DO EXACTLY THIS on their breaks - shoot - at their desks?
    I am only an advocate for private and public workers and welfare recipients being drug tested only when corporate executives and elected politicians are required to be drug tested as well.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Why are these people the ONLY people who ever get 'busted' for doing this when A LOT of companies and government employees DO EXACTLY THIS on their breaks - shoot - at their desks?
    this is called "selective outrage" on badmutha's part....he saw a chance to trash a union, and ran with it, nothing more.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Chrysler UAW workers caught doping, drinking-----Again-----

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    In the middle of Dearborn, Michigan, the Ford Motor Company has several high rise glass towers which house thousands of white collar office workers who manage the company and perform the administrative work necessary to operate. There are many restaurants and bars located near those facilities which cater to the FoMoCo suits. You can go into many of them on a work day during lunch and see the suits eating lunch and many consume several alcoholic drinks with their meal.

    Of course, they are not unionized, so the fact that they are doing this does not make the news.
    That and they probably arent running massive industrial equipment in their offices.......putting the lives of their coworkers at risk.

    ..........but clearly......Two Wrongs make it a UAW Right.
    .
    .
    .
    .

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •