Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 281

Thread: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

  1. #201
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    What you are failing to recognize Zyph...is that it cannot be accomplished by spending cuts alone....Republicans know that....they are just playing politics to try to appease their radical right-wing. Its a complete lie....unless the GOP is willing to make huge cuts to military spending, which you and I both know is not going to happen.

    Their refusal to compromise and negotiate is akin to an 8 year old agreeing to come to the dinner table but refusing to eat. They are throwing a tantrum and ultimately are going to pay politically for it, which is why I hope that they continue in their childish manner of refusing to address the issues.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well Zyph...you would be correct, except for the fact that you are wrong. Sorry....
    You've again failed to answer my question in post 181.

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What you are failing to recognize Zyph...is that it cannot be accomplished by spending cuts alone....Republicans know that....they are just playing politics to try to appease their radical right-wing.
    Incorrect. It CAN be done by spending cuts alone. Can it be done easily? No. Can it be done painlessly? No. However it CAN be done.

    Of course, we could always kick the ball down the court, avoid pain, and just continue to keep running up a huge debt but make it just a little smaller. You know, because kicking the can down the road only matters to you when its political advantageous disney.

    Its a complete lie....unless the GOP is willing to make huge cuts to military spending, which you and I both know is not going to happen.
    If the debt ceiling doesn't get increased its Obama's job to my understanding to dictate where to pay things out to or not. If the GOP doesn't want cuts to the military then that's tough tits to them. If they don't raise the limit and Obama wants to cut most of the money from the military budget then more power to him.

    Their refusal to compromise and negotiate is akin to an 8 year old agreeing to come to the dinner table but refusing to eat.
    The refusal to understand that repeating something again and again and again doesn't make it truth also is much akin to the logic an 8 year old would be apt to use.

    They are compromising. Because you dislike the compromise doesn't make it not the case. They are negotitating, just because you don't like how doesn't make it not so. They are not refusing to compromise by saying "Absolutely no tax increases" anymore less than Obama is by saying "Absolutely must have tax increases".

    They are throwing a tantrum and ultimately are going to pay politically for it,
    They both are. Welcome to contentious negotiations.

    which is why I hope that they continue in their childish manner of refusing to address the issues.
    Kind of like saying "Look, you're either going to do it my way with the compromises I want to make or I'm walking out" and then walking out?

    That kidn of childish?

  4. #204
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Incorrect. It CAN be done by spending cuts alone. Can it be done easily? No. Can it be done painlessly? No. However it CAN be done.

    Of course, we could always kick the ball down the court, avoid pain, and just continue to keep running up a huge debt but make it just a little smaller. You know, because kicking the can down the road only matters to you when its political advantageous disney.



    If the debt ceiling doesn't get increased its Obama's job to my understanding to dictate where to pay things out to or not. If the GOP doesn't want cuts to the military then that's tough tits to them. If they don't raise the limit and Obama wants to cut most of the money from the military budget then more power to him.



    The refusal to understand that repeating something again and again and again doesn't make it truth also is much akin to the logic an 8 year old would be apt to use.

    They are compromising. Because you dislike the compromise doesn't make it not the case. They are negotitating, just because you don't like how doesn't make it not so. They are not refusing to compromise by saying "Absolutely no tax increases" anymore less than Obama is by saying "Absolutely must have tax increases".



    They both are. Welcome to contentious negotiations.



    Kind of like saying "Look, you're either going to do it my way with the compromises I want to make or I'm walking out" and then walking out?

    That kidn of childish?
    Again Zyph...simply put, you are wrong. Even most Republicans recognize that it cannot be accomplished by cuts alone. They have put themselves between a rock and a hard place and now are trying to figure out how they can save face and minimize the damage to themselves politically.

    The GOP's answer is to make cuts to the poorest and the most disabled amongst us. Sorry, but balancing the budget on the backs of those that can least afford to pay is akin to holding us hostage in order to ensure that the pockets of the wealthy remain lined.

    The Democrats will continue to stand with the middle class and those that can least afford to pay, while the GOP stands with the wealthy.

    And if that's the way it is, which I hope it will be, then the GOP will pay a huge price.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #205
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    What do you think will happen if we do not show the world a different slope in deficit spending? Do you think it is wise to wait until the world does to us what they are doing to several nations in Europe? Do you think it is reasonable that U.S.' s bond holders will stay asleep to the fed buying the new debt that the administration is creating to pay for a deficit about 10% of GDP? Do you understand what it means when we have a slow growth economy in the face of huge monetary and fiscal stimulus?

    How about an adult debate on the issues. To talk about the debt ceiling in the abstract is babyish.
    How are the concrete examples of what occurred in 1979 and the market reactions to Greece "abstract"? These things happened. It's history.

    The babyish thing is to rally around millionaires to protect them when they need no protection. Our tax burden to GDP ratio is the third lowest in the OEDC; tax rates are historically low, with multitudinous loopholes for those who can afford to find them all - and people like the Koch Brothers and Grover Norquist pretend that we are living in the Soviet Union circa 1955 when it's inherently untrue.

    The president's $4 trillion dollar plan - flawed though it is - is being rejected outright because Republicans refuse to negotiate.

    Republicans control one-half of one-third of the government, but they pretend they hold all the cards. And they're willing to tank the economy for their political purposes.

  6. #206
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Ahh more class warfare hyperbole. /facepalm
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #207
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Ahh more class warfare hyperbole. /facepalm
    Oh puh-lease, ReverendHellh0und.....when the wealthy are given huge tax breaks, you don't call that "Class warfare", but when someone tries to end a tax cut or asks those who can most afford, to pay more....it all of a sudden becomes "class warfare"....

    "Class warfare' is simply a talking point created by the GOP and its wingers because they are being exposed for being the "Classists" that they themselves are. They are being exposed for being willing to finance the budget on the backs of the poor and the middle class and they are uncomfortable with how they are being viewed.....so do what most do when you have nowhere to go.....blame the people who exposed you for who you are.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #208
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh puh-lease, ReverendHellh0und.....when the wealthy are given huge tax breaks, you don't call that "Class warfare", but when someone tries to end a tax cut or asks those who can most afford, to pay more....it all of a sudden becomes "class warfare"....

    "Class warfare' is simply a talking point created by the GOP and its wingers because they are being exposed for being the "Classists" that they themselves are. They are being exposed for being willing to finance the budget on the backs of the poor and the middle class and they are uncomfortable with how they are being viewed.....so do what most do when you have nowhere to go.....blame the people who exposed you for who you are.


    I'm sorry I can't hear you over all my obscene quantities of "caviar and truffles"..... ***Kisses mini girafe***
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh puh-lease, ReverendHellh0und....
    Hello? Hello? Question from post 181?

  10. #210
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh puh-lease, ReverendHellh0und.....when the wealthy are given huge tax breaks, you don't call that "Class warfare",
    Erronious, Reverend and others would likely say it was "class warfare" when tax breaks are only given to the wealthy. However, they have no said it in the past...such as with the bush tax cuts...because they were given to everyone, not just the wealthy.

    It is Democrats, not Republicans, that are only targetting a one or two tax brackets and saying "DO SOMETHING TO THEM"...not republicans.

    but when someone tries to end a tax cut or asks those who can most afford, to pay more....it all of a sudden becomes "class warfare"....
    If the Democrats were saying we needed to end the Bush Tax cuts completely the class warefare comment would be irrelevant and useless. If the Democrats were suggesting to raise taxes on everyone the class warfare argument would be dead in the water.

    Its because the Democrats ONLY want to tax a single class of people and not touch anyone else that the class warfare argument comes out. And rightly so, when the Democrats go out and suggest that anyone making enough to be what they deem as "rich" is being "greedy" if they don't agree with Democrats on tax increases while they fire up anyone else to "stick it to" the "greedy rich people" so that the government can afford to give them more free stuff like healthcare, unemployment money, and welfare by using someone elses money. Because, you know, wanting more stuff that you're not actually doing anything to earn by taking from someone else to fund it isn't greedy....but wanting to keep what you earned is apparently.

    If the Democrats don't want the class warfare card to be thrown out how about they stop engaging their focus on a sigular class while spreading lies that the Republicans only ever do anything for the "upper class" which is 100% FACTUALLY wrong.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •