Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 281

Thread: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

  1. #191
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It wasn't "threats", it was the honest reality. The Republicans are willing to hold the elderly and the disabled hostage in order to protect the pockets of the wealthiest. It should be clear to everyone which party represents which interests.
    Your words only resonate to those who are blindly progressive in their ideology. The class warfare bit, the throwing grandma over the cliff is typical Democrat demagoguery that's been used since the mid 1990's during the Clinton years and is nothing more than DNC talking points. Is that what you really want to project?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #192
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Your words only resonate to those who are blindly progressive in their ideology. The class warfare bit, the throwing grandma over the cliff is typical Democrat demagoguery that's been used since the mid 1990's during the Clinton years and is nothing more than DNC talking points. Is that what you really want to project?
    It is becoming more and more clear every day which party represents the middle class, the elderly, etc.....and who represents the interests of the wealthy. It isn't about talking points, it is about the facts and they are crystal clear.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #193
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It is becoming more and more clear every day which party represents the middle class, the elderly, etc.....and who represents the interests of the wealthy. It isn't about talking points, it is about the facts and they are crystal clear.


    /facepalm


    Class warfare hyperbole gets so so old.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It is becoming more and more clear every day which party represents the middle class, the elderly, etc.....and who represents the interests of the wealthy. It isn't about talking points, it is about the facts and they are crystal clear.
    You failed to answer my question in post 181.

  5. #195
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Can you name even one compromise that the GOP has agreed to....even one?
    Do you realize that increasing the debt limit IS a compromise.

    The GOP doesn't WANT to increase the debt limit. They'd rather deal with it 100% through cutting spending while still paying our debt payment.

    The COMPROMISE is agreeing to raise the debt limit in exchange for spending cuts. THAT'S the compromise.

    Now that compromise is essentially being ignored and being written off as irrelevant and automatic, and the Democrats are saying the only way they're compromise with spending cuts is if the Republicans compromise even more by agreeing to tax increases.

    So democrats want to "compromise" by giving spending decreases that looks like Albert Haynesworth's contract with the vast majority of the money backloaded to 10+ years down the line so that we may never even see it come to pass and exchange want the Republicans to "compromise" in TWO ways by both voting to raise the debt limit AND increasing taxes immedietely.

    As someone said earlier, your dog don't hunt.

  6. #196
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Not to mention that Republicans were willing to lose our credit rating
    Do we lose our credit rating if we don't increase the debt limit or if we don't pay our debt payment? The republicans are advocating for the first, not the second.

  7. #197
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    People like Reverend Hellh0und don't get it....they would rather engaging in their circular shuffle games than address the real issues.
    You mean kind of like proposing to bring down the debt by 4 trillion in more than 10 years, all contingent on future administration and this administration not breaking the deal in the future, even though that's but a tiny fraction of what our debt actually is? That kind of kicking the can down the road? The kind that increases the deficit in 2 years more than 8 years of Bush combined while just attempting to ignore the issue going "BUSHES FAULT BUSHES FAULT BUSHES FAULT"? That kind of circulate shuffle game.

    Give me a break; stop acting like your alls **** doesn't stink just as much.

  8. #198
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Do you realize that increasing the debt limit IS a compromise.

    The GOP doesn't WANT to increase the debt limit. They'd rather deal with it 100% through cutting spending while still paying our debt payment.

    The COMPROMISE is agreeing to raise the debt limit in exchange for spending cuts. THAT'S the compromise.

    Now that compromise is essentially being ignored and being written off as irrelevant and automatic, and the Democrats are saying the only way they're compromise with spending cuts is if the Republicans compromise even more by agreeing to tax increases.

    So democrats want to "compromise" by giving spending decreases that looks like Albert Haynesworth's contract with the vast majority of the money backloaded to 10+ years down the line so that we may never even see it come to pass and exchange want the Republicans to "compromise" in TWO ways by both voting to raise the debt limit AND increasing taxes immedietely.

    As someone said earlier, your dog don't hunt.
    Well Zyph...you would be correct, except for the fact that you are wrong. Sorry....

    These Republicans that you say "compromised" by raising the debt limit are the same Republicans who have had no issue raising the debt limit many times, oh....except now I guess it is different somehow that the President doesn't have an (R) after his name?

    The reality is, it isn't a "compromise" to say "We'll agree to raise the debt limit, but you have to do it our way and we will hold the American middle class, including the elderly hostage unless you agree to our demands. That's just a line of BS.

    You can't agree to come to the table and then childishly refuse to talk unless you are the only ones allowed to propose the agenda. Sorry....that's not "compromise".

    I hope that the teabaggers in the GOP have their way and push the GOP to their extremist agenda. The GOP will pay the price and I for one are hoping that they succeed.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #199
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well Zyph...you would be correct, except for the fact that you are wrong. Sorry....

    These Republicans that you say "compromised" by raising the debt limit are the same Republicans who have had no issue raising the debt limit many times, oh....except now I guess it is different somehow that the President doesn't have an (R) after his name?

    The reality is, it isn't a "compromise" to say "We'll agree to raise the debt limit, but you have to do it our way and we will hold the American middle class, including the elderly hostage unless you agree to our demands. That's just a line of BS.

    You can't agree to come to the table and then childishly refuse to talk unless you are the only ones allowed to propose the agenda. Sorry....that's not "compromise".

    I hope that the teabaggers in the GOP have their way and push the GOP to their extremist agenda. The GOP will pay the price and I for one are hoping that they succeed.

    I hope the teabagged do not believe that the past bad practice is a restriction on now doing the right thing.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #200
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Breaking: Obama Warns Cantor 'Don't Call My Bluff' As Debt Talks Stall

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    These Republicans that you say "compromised" by raising the debt limit are the same Republicans who have had no issue raising the debt limit many times, oh....except now I guess it is different somehow that the President doesn't have an (R) after his name?
    Actually, some of those republicans are. Many of those in the house, the main hold up for this, are NEW Republicans that didn't vote to raise it while a Republican has been in power. Specifically, the newly elected "tea party" backed individuals who you and others lambast so much for "refusing to compromise" were not the ones that raised it under Bush.

    Second, if you want to start playing that game then Obama shouldn't be allowed to even ASK for the Debt Limit to be increased for ANY reason since he himself equated it to a shuffle board game or kicking the can down the road and decried it as a failure of leadership to even do such a thing. So if you want to start pissing and moaning about past statements and actions as some kind of qualifier to disqualify ones ability to use it as a "compromise" or a point then be my guest but stop being a hypocrite about it and point out the fact that if we're living up to that standard there shouldn't even be a CONVERSATION about it because the guy who would need to sign the bill for it to become Law would have to VETO it because he voted against raising it and decried it as punishing the future children and a failure of leaderhsip.

    So either be either apply your little end around "Uh Uh, that doesn't count because I say so" strategy equally or punt it, cause I ain't buying your hyper partisan cherry picking application.

    The reality is, it isn't a "compromise" to say "We'll agree to raise the debt limit, but you have to do it our way and we will hold the American middle class, including the elderly hostage unless you agree to our demands. That's just a line of BS.
    Actually, it absolutely is a compromise. They don't want to raise it, they want to simply lower the spending to a point wher we can pay the debt payments and not raise it. The Democrats want to cut spending a little bit over decades, raise taxes, and raise the limit. The Republicans have agreed to Raise the Debt Limit in exchange for more significant spending cuts. That is compromising.

    Stop with these hsyterics of "THE OLD PEOPLE, THE OLD PEOPLE". You're like the geratric version of Mrs. Lovejoy screaming "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN".

    Yes, Barack Obama is TECHNICALLY correct in saying we may not be able to send out SS checks. I'm also technically correct in saying that we may be destroyed this year by an Asteroid crashing into earth. Both are rather ludicrious however. The only reason seniors won't get their SS checks if the debt limit isn't raised is because Barack Obama decides to cut the spending through their checks rather than through other areas. We generate enough money to pay the debt limit and to pay SS for that month.

    You can't agree to come to the table and then childishly refuse to talk unless you are the only ones allowed to propose the agenda. Sorry....that's not "compromise".
    Kind of like saying "Look, you're going to raise the debt limit, you're going to raise taxes, if you don't agree to either then screw off"?

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •