Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

  1. #11
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I agree, we should stay out of the middle east and let the dictators keep on dictating. The Arabs actually seem to like being treated like subjects rather than citizens. Its been working that way for thousands of years, right? Hey, if brutality is an effect of living in that type of society then so be it I guess. Then deal with it Arabs, right? As far as Israel goes, then stay out of their business too. You can't have it both ways.
    And this children is a perfect example as to why nobody from the right wing should be allowed into foreign policy discussions.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    And to think of all the libs that said electing Obama would improve our image around the world..........

    Liberal Mary Kay Politics at its finest.....
    .
    .
    .
    .

  3. #13
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I agree, we should stay out of the middle east and let the dictators keep on dictating. The Arabs actually seem to like being treated like subjects rather than citizens.
    Umm have you looked at the Arab world lately? There are massive protests against (mostly US-backed) dictators in virtually every Arab state.

    Its been working that way for thousands of years, right? Hey, if brutality is an effect of living in that type of society then so be it I guess.
    I assume this is supposed to be sarcastic, like we can't stand idly by. How about the brutality of occupying their countries, bombing them from above, and propping up their dictators? If we as a society legitimately care about the brutality that Arabs suffer, we can start by ending the brutality that we inflict on them ourselves (and therefore that we have some control over), rather than the brutality that we can't control.

    Then deal with it Arabs, right? As far as Israel goes, then stay out of their business too. You can't have it both ways.
    Sure, as long as "staying out of their business" entails a neutral stance on the Middle East conflict and ceasing to sell Israel weapons at discounted prices that we don't sell to Arab states. I think that stance would be agreeable to most Arabs as well.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #14
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    And to think of all the libs that said electing Obama would improve our image around the world..........

    Liberal Mary Kay Politics at its finest.....
    .
    .
    .
    .
    The Arab world is "around the world"?

    Someone needs a lesson in geography. Hint: FoxNews is not the place to learn about geography

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The Arab world is "around the world"?
    Thanks for the newsflash Tom Brokaw........

    ........but wasnt the world supposed to love us after electing The Kenyan Tyrant?

    Someone needs a lesson in geography. Hint: FoxNews is not the place to learn about geography
    Amateur hour.......
    .
    .
    .
    .

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,909

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    is anyone really surprised at this?

    if the US is going to send their armies around the world spreading freedom and democracy when it suits, obviously not everyone is going to be jumping around for joy. how many people have died in iraq over a trumped-up war? where is the humility? where is the apology? where is the accountability? there is none in the US because some people continue to wear the colours of the flag in their hearts and minds without actually seeing what that really means. they are so quick to get their panties in a bunch when any criticism regarding US Foreign Policy is made.

    it's about accepting the fact that of the unnecessary evil that exists in this world, sometimes America contributes to it. for the last 10 years Bin Laden has been the symbol of evil in America. don't some of you guys recognize that the US flag is that same symbol to many people around the world? feel free to brush it off as you can't please everyone or we try our best but we can't make everyone happy. that just continues to show how oblivious some of the American public are to the actions committed by the current and past governments. that is what is truly sad.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  7. #17
    Advisor Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the land that is now.
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    595
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Oddly enough, Obama seems to be losing power, so to speak, about as quickly as an airplane when its engines have been damaged and cut out with a speedy descent, which results in a crashing boom, bang, boink in the end.

  8. #18
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And this children is a perfect example as to why nobody from the right wing should be allowed into foreign policy discussions.
    And Democrats have mounted such effective campaigns for world peace, haven't they? Which do you like best, that of LBJ, Jimmy Carter, Clinton, or now Obama? It seems Harry Truman's worked best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #19
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    is anyone really surprised at this?

    if the US is going to send their armies around the world spreading freedom and democracy when it suits, obviously not everyone is going to be jumping around for joy. how many people have died in iraq over a trumped-up war? where is the humility? where is the apology? where is the accountability? there is none in the US because some people continue to wear the colours of the flag in their hearts and minds without actually seeing what that really means. they are so quick to get their panties in a bunch when any criticism regarding US Foreign Policy is made.

    it's about accepting the fact that of the unnecessary evil that exists in this world, sometimes America contributes to it. for the last 10 years Bin Laden has been the symbol of evil in America. don't some of you guys recognize that the US flag is that same symbol to many people around the world? feel free to brush it off as you can't please everyone or we try our best but we can't make everyone happy. that just continues to show how oblivious some of the American public are to the actions committed by the current and past governments. that is what is truly sad.
    Is this why many liberals hate America?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  10. #20
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama’s Popularity in Arab World Now Lower than Bush’s

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    Obama

    Now, if GWB were President, we'd all hear about how killing OBL was a great recruiting tool for AQ, and other such nonsense.

    But The Obama? He's got that big (D) shield next to his name.
    your purpose here is evidently not to debate or discuss, but to inflame. are you lonely?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •