Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examiner:

  1. #1
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examiner:

    A dozen years later, her son turned her ordeal into a campaign pitch for national health care. But the story Obama told, Scott writes, was "abbreviated" -- the abbreviation was to leave out the fact that Ann Dunham had health insurance that paid for her treatment. "Though he often suggested that she was denied health coverage because of a pre-existing condition," Scott writes, "it appears from her correspondence that she was only denied disability coverage."

    That's a different story altogether. One the president never told.



    Read more at the Washington Examiner: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story | Byron York | Politics | Washington Examiner
    Obama, King of Lies and Prince of the Shameless, using his own mothers death to further a political agenda with a LIE.

    For shame America, voting this sleaze bag into office.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #2
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin



    Keep trying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    Keep trying.
    That's all you got, she was covered, Obama claimed she wasn't.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's all you got, she was covered, Obama claimed she wasn't.
    That isn't what Obama said, according to your own link.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That isn't what Obama said, according to your own link.
    It is, according to my own link.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #6
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's all you got, she was covered, Obama claimed she wasn't.
    It's more than you have. Seriously, this is a silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That isn't what Obama said, according to your own link.
    Read carefully:


    "I remember in the last month of her life, she wasn't thinking about how to get well, she wasn't thinking about coming to terms with her own mortality, she was thinking about whether or not insurance was going to cover the medical bills and whether our family would be bankrupt as a consequence," Obama said in September 2007.


    "She was in her hospital room looking at insurance forms because the insurance company said that maybe she had a pre-existing condition and maybe they wouldn't have to reimburse her for her medical bills," Obama added in January 2008.

    "The insurance companies were saying, 'Maybe there's a pre-existing condition and we don't have to pay your medical bills,' " Obama said in a debate with Republican opponent Sen. John McCain in October 2008.



    Read more at the Washington Examiner: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story | Byron York | Politics | Washington Examiner

    He does not say she wasn't covered. You guys sure make wild leaps in order to manufacture a controvesy. Funny.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    426

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Slow clap for Vicchio, everyone...

  9. #9
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin




  10. #10
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Fresh doubt cast on Obama's health care story Read more at the Washington Examin

    Another research fail from MrVicchio. The Washington Examiner has the most excellent example of how to craft a strawman.

    Obama says his mother was worried about not being covered.

    Article says: Obama's mother was covered so.... what? She was worried about being covered?

    MrVicchio says: HE'S LYING CAUSE INSERT FANCY INSULT!

    Obama says his mother was looking at insurance forms and issues regarding a prexisting condition..

    Article
    says... nothing on whether or not she was?

    MrVicchio says INSERT FANCY INSULT HURR!

    Obama says insurance companies didn't want to pay for certain costs because of a preexisting condition

    Article repeats it...

    MrVicchio AGLIBIAGAJGA INSERT FANCY INSULT!

    -----------------------------------------

    .... In short, this thread is a fail.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •