Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Libya: Will Air War Become an Occupation?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Libya: Will Air War Become an Occupation?

    We have no vital interest in Libya and no business being there. When Khadafy said he was going into a city to kill everyone there I was for stopping that on a humanitarian basis but that quickly morphed into bombing Tripoli and taking sides in a civil war. Funny how libs are suddenly “chicken hawks”.

  2. #12
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,303

    Re: Libya: Will Air War Become an Occupation?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    We have no vital interest in Libya and no business being there. When Khadafy said he was going into a city to kill everyone there I was for stopping that on a humanitarian basis but that quickly morphed into bombing Tripoli and taking sides in a civil war. Funny how libs are suddenly “chicken hawks”.
    This has been a media manipulated cover story to attempt to block the truth of a well planned insurrection by outside forces against the people of Libya. The killing has been done by the "revolutionaries" and to suggest a mob of foreigners and muslims are Libyan "revolutionaries" is a complete absurdity. Read foreign papers and find out what is really going on. Current pertinent data is that China gets 60% of Libyan OIL. Libya has lots of unexplored OIL fields and wants to develop them with Libyan labor and expertise. That would be a large single digit salute to Exxon/Mobil, BP, Chevron, Halliburton, etc. Libyans are Africans, and the alleged "revolutionaries" are what? What group can generate a war to help its bottom line. ENERGY!

  3. #13
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Libya: Will Air War Become an Occupation?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    We have no vital interest in Libya and no business being there. ;.
    oil companies insist the US be there now, so i expect theyll need continued protection.
    Factbox: U.S. oil companies' interests in Libya | Reuters

    the best govt you can buy for sure..

  4. #14
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Libya: Will Air War Become an Occupation?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteRash View Post
    oil companies insist the US be there now, so i expect theyll need continued protection.
    Factbox: U.S. oil companies' interests in Libya | Reuters

    the best govt you can buy for sure..
    Oil has been considered a national security interest by the USA since WW2 (the big one). Wouldn't it be ironic if the next "big one" started on Obama's watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    426

    Re: Libya: Will Air War Become an Occupation?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    This has been a media manipulated cover story to attempt to block the truth of a well planned insurrection by outside forces against the people of Libya. The killing has been done by the "revolutionaries" and to suggest a mob of foreigners and muslims are Libyan "revolutionaries" is a complete absurdity. Read foreign papers and find out what is really going on. Current pertinent data is that China gets 60% of Libyan OIL. Libya has lots of unexplored OIL fields and wants to develop them with Libyan labor and expertise. That would be a large single digit salute to Exxon/Mobil, BP, Chevron, Halliburton, etc. Libyans are Africans, and the alleged "revolutionaries" are what? What group can generate a war to help its bottom line. ENERGY!
    Interesting you should mention that. More and more it seems like to get a better- though, of course, not perfect view of things, one has to go outside of the country where there is less of an incentive to twist the story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •