Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Palin Plots Her Next Move

  1. #41
    Student Иосиф Сталин's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    218

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Sarah Palin doesn't stand a chance against Obama.
    Freedom is not free.

  2. #42
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    That is all very nice, except Generic Republican Candidate isn't running. Only guys with real names and real baggage are running. Romney, who can't get the Republican nomination, has a shot, the other ones are just a joke. Unless the Republicans nominate a moderate (and they won't], they are going to lose.... especially if they let the US default.

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012
    Oh so the left can run a left wing demogogue and the press will hide it, but the right hasnt a chance at that strategy? Cause lets face it, the press covered Obama's campaign as though he were a moderate. His past was left unexplored for the most part.

    Because Obama is the most liberal President we have had. Id say even Palin only governed fiscally conservative and not so much socially conservative, never mind Huntsman, Pawlenty, Romney and Perry--should he chose to get in.

    Romney and Huntsman are running into problems because the press hasn't really hit at them just yet. They are being covered favorably for the most part, with their ideas being talked about rather than examined or attacked. This won't last into general election time. This is also not endearing them to the most active portion of the GOP base, because right now favorable press coverage isnt a good thing.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    God damn John McCain for bring this idiot woman from obscurity.

  4. #44
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Oh so the left can run a left wing demogogue and the press will hide it, but the right hasnt a chance at that strategy? Cause lets face it, the press covered Obama's campaign as though he were a moderate. His past was left unexplored for the most part.

    Because Obama is the most liberal President we have had. Id say even Palin only governed fiscally conservative and not so much socially conservative, never mind Huntsman, Pawlenty, Romney and Perry--should he chose to get in. .
    Obama the most liberal in history? I don't think you know your history. Obama may be the least liberal democrat elected president in 80 years. Sorry, but FDR, JFK, LBJ and Jimmy Carter were far more progressive in their philosophy and in their actions than Obama. Obama is a pragmatist, much more out of the Clinton camp. If he were so liberal, those on the left would be much happier with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Romney and Huntsman are running into problems because the press hasn't really hit at them just yet. They are being covered favorably for the most part, with their ideas being talked about rather than examined or attacked. This won't last into general election time. This is also not endearing them to the most active portion of the GOP base, because right now favorable press coverage isnt a good thing.
    ....which is exactly my point, the very guys that actually have a shot in the general can't win in the semi-finals. Sorry, but America is not really a tea-party type of place as was clearly shown in Delaware, Colorado and Nevada last time around and in congressional races since. There isn't anyone that will be embraced by the tea-party capable of getting 270 electoral votes.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 07-12-11 at 12:10 PM.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    What with Congress' approval rating hovering around 18%, I think we can safely say that the tea party may have gotten in? But holy mother do we regret it!

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    That is all very nice, except Generic Republican Candidate isn't running. Only guys with real names and real baggage are running. Romney, who can't get the Republican nomination, has a shot, the other ones are just a joke. Unless the Republicans nominate a moderate (and they won't], they are going to lose.... especially if they let the US default.

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012
    A moderate? You mean a liberal. Wrong they need a conservative and they will win

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by Иосиф Сталин View Post
    Sarah Palin doesn't stand a chance against Obama.
    What will Obama run on? The economy? unemployment? Obamacare? He has nothing positive he has done

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    What with Congress' approval rating hovering around 18%, I think we can safely say that the tea party may have gotten in? But holy mother do we regret it!


    No not at all

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What will Obama run on? The economy? unemployment? Obamacare? He has nothing positive he has done
    And yet he leads in all the polls. Funny, that.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Palin Plots Her Next Move

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No not at all
    Yes, I know you're in the minority.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •