Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 200

Thread: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

  1. #61
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Now I am older than her and been Conservative longer and this is a none issue.

    Child porn is already illegal.

    I think this will not help her because there is no big outcry for this ban.

    She needs to stick to real issues like the economy,and jobs, she might even weigh in on some of Obama's mistakes and massive amount of lies, and spell them out.

  2. #62
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    The bullet point that references porn is talking about children. It is about protecting our children from porn, sex slavery and "other types of coercion and stolen innocence". While the document is one of the stupider things I have ever read, it does not advocate banning porn.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Only from a religious idiot!
    We have more important things to worry about.

    There's no way that she will get the nom.



    BREAKING: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography | ThinkProgress

    Bachmann became the first presidential candidate to sign a pledge created by THE FAMiLY LEADER, an influential social-conservative group in Iowa. By signing the pledge Bachmann “vows” to “uphold the institution of marriage as only between one man and one woman” by committing herself to 14 specifics steps. The ninth step calls for the banning of “all forms” of pornography. The pledge also states that homosexuality is both a choice and a health risk. You can read all the details of the pledge here.
    The supreme court already ruled that if you pay a woman for sex and video tape it for sale then it is free speech.So this is nothing more than hysteria and empty promises.

    Although I find it funny that if a democrat wanted to severely restrict or ban firearms that most people criticizing Bachmann wouldn't say ****.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 07-08-11 at 02:14 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Now I am older than her and been Conservative longer and this is a none issue.

    Child porn is already illegal.

    I think this will not help her because there is no big outcry for this ban.

    She needs to stick to real issues like the economy,and jobs, she might even weigh in on some of Obama's mistakes and massive amount of lies, and spell them out.
    This next election could be really good for getting Obama back to his game frame. And if not - he's done.

  5. #65
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Only from a religious idiot!
    We have more important things to worry about.

    There's no way that she will get the nom.



    BREAKING: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography | ThinkProgress

    Bachmann became the first presidential candidate to sign a pledge created by THE FAMiLY LEADER, an influential social-conservative group in Iowa. By signing the pledge Bachmann “vows” to “uphold the institution of marriage as only between one man and one woman” by committing herself to 14 specifics steps. The ninth step calls for the banning of “all forms” of pornography. The pledge also states that homosexuality is both a choice and a health risk. You can read all the details of the pledge here.
    She can try - but it won't happen.

    I wish politicians would stay away from these types of issues completely and focus ON politics such as fiscal issues and government programs.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #66
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    This next election could be really good for getting Obama back to his game frame. And if not - he's done.
    What was his game frame other than promising everything to everyone?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #67
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Even the suggestion of banning pornography strikes fear into the heart of every leftist. Their solitary sex lives would again be left to their rather simple imaginations.
    I thought leftists were promiscuous and had no respect for monogamy. Which is it?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    not only is she hot, but she is idiot hot!!!


  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The bullet point that references porn is talking about children. It is about protecting our children from porn, sex slavery and "other types of coercion and stolen innocence". While the document is one of the stupider things I have ever read, it does not advocate banning porn.
    no, it says protecting women & children from porn.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What was his game frame other than promising everything to everyone?
    Let me ask you this. Can you see room for improvement? That would be his game.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •