Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 200

Thread: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    yeah, unlike Bush and Bachmann, Obama is not stooping low to pander to the religious.
    Erm. >.>

    Who is he pandering to, with the crap he's pulling on the weed front?

  2. #42
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Well they certainly didn't rewrite history to pretend George Washington was a right-wing religious nutjob
    indeed! It's only the religious that claim that our founding fathers were religious people, when really they were not religious at all.
    Let's see: Lighthouses are more helpful than churches

  3. #43
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    indeed! It's only the religious that claim that our founding fathers were religious people, when really they were not religious at all.
    Let's see: Lighthouses are more helpful than churches
    They weren't religious at all? That's a pretty heavy handed and generalized statement. How about we settle on "they weren't as religious as conservatives make them out to be."
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #44
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    They weren't religious at all? That's a pretty heavy handed and generalized statement. How about we settle on "they weren't as religious as conservatives make them out to be."


    I stand corrected. You are correct.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    indeed! It's only the religious that claim that our founding fathers were religious people, when really they were not religious at all.
    Let's see: Lighthouses are more helpful than churches
    No they werent religous at all..........they were actually Big Government/Small Freedom Anti-Gun Atheist Liberals......
    .
    .
    .

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Seems pretty clear if this is the proper quote that the other quotes were a deliberate attempt to portray the issue as an outright ban. We already "protect" people from pornography by rating it, limiting where is it shown, limiting who can buy or purchase it, etc., I am sure these people would love to ban pornography but they know that just isn't possible so they want more limits.
    But it is a desire for more government interference, hence the repetition of the word "protect". I doubt very seriously that its some kind of admonition for more responsible parenting. Its just more authoritarian conservatism.

    Don't forget that the major justification for the War on Drugs was protecting the children. And we have absolutely flushed tons of money and lives down the toilet in that futile endeavor.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #47
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Erm. >.>

    Who is he pandering to, with the crap he's pulling on the weed front?
    Genreal Electric for one .. you remember them .. the ones that have obama in their back pocket .. and that paid "NO" taxes last year

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    But it is a desire for more government interference, hence the repetition of the word "protect". I doubt very seriously that its some kind of admonition for more responsible parenting. Its just more authoritarian conservatism.

    Don't forget that the major justification for the War on Drugs was protecting the children. And we have absolutely flushed tons of money and lives down the toilet in that futile endeavor.
    Its clearly about protecting young women from sexual perverts and philanderers like Anthony Weiner and BJ Clinton......and anyone else on To Catch A Democrat.......and banning all Pornography and Nudity in the entire US.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  9. #49
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Its clearly about protecting young women from sexual perverts and philanderers like Mark Foley and Mark Sanford......and anyone else on To Catch A Republican.......and banning all Pornography and Nudity in the entire US.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    fixed to prove a point
    Last edited by Swizz; 07-08-11 at 01:23 PM.

  10. #50
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Well they certainly didn't rewrite history to pretend George Washington was a right-wing religious nutjob
    Do you understand the meaning of the word "sarcasm"?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •