Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 82

Thread: Republicans are acting like vandals

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Republicans are acting like vandals

    Republicans are acting like vandals | The Australian

    Perception from the land down under.

    So the political parties are clear that they need to reach a compromise, right? Surely conservatives, of all people, would not want to trash the US's debt rating, risk the savings of millions and throw the world economy into a new depression.


    Well, that's where you're wrong. The controlling faction of the Republican Party appears more than eager to push the US and the world over a fiscal and economic cliff. It has all but held a gun to the head of President Barack Obama, telling him that unless he takes the raising of taxes off the table they will let the global economy collapse. Some within the faction even hope that might help them defeat Obama in next year's presidential election.


    I sincerely wish I could be bipartisan on this and write a column saying that blame lies on both sides. But I can't. The debt itself is bipartisan, built up over many years, but only the Democrats are taking responsibility for paying it back. Today's Republican Party in the US is so extreme, so doctrinaire and so reckless it stands alone on this question.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Republicans are acting like vandals | The Australian

    Perception from the land down under.
    and they would be right....tax increases have to be on the table, as well as spending cuts....

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and they would be right....tax increases have to be on the table, as well as spending cuts....
    Democrats cant even bring themselves to cut a Cowboy Poetry Contest or NPR............its an empty table........
    .
    .
    .
    .

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Democrats cant even bring themselves to cut a Cowboy Poetry Contest or NPR............its an empty table........
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I thought NPR was like over 90% self sufficient. Oh but wait, its one of the most middle of the aisle media bodies in the US and therefore the enemy.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Democrats cant even bring themselves to cut a Cowboy Poetry Contest or NPR............its an empty table........
    .
    .
    .
    .
    However, you are misinformed as the democrats already agreed to over $2 trillion in cuts. The Australians knew that.

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Why do y'all give a crap what the Aussies think?

    .

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I thought NPR was like over 90% self sufficient. Oh but wait, its one of the most middle of the aisle media bodies in the US and therefore the enemy.
    No.....its but a small step in the journey of 14,000,000,000,000.00 miles.......and Democrats find themselves unable to take baby step numero uno.

    .....if Democrats cant bring themselves to cut Cowboy Poetry Contests.....they sure as hell arent going to touch the big budget items. (D)estined for Bankruptcy........
    .
    .
    .
    .

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    The Aussies are still lap dogs of the Brits. So, why is there opinion important??

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I thought NPR was like over 90% self sufficient. Oh but wait, its one of the most middle of the aisle media bodies in the US and therefore the enemy.
    I guess that's why they denied Juan Williams his 1st Amendment rights?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Republicans are acting like vandals

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    However, you are misinformed as the democrats already agreed to over $2 trillion in cuts. The Australians knew that.
    Yes just like Obama agreed to "Go through the Federal Budget Line by Line"........"Unemployment wouldnt go above 8% if we passed his PORKULUS"......and the crowd favorite..........."I will cut the budget deficit in half by the end of my first term"



    .....instead he tripled it.

    .......if Democrats agreed to $6 trillion in spending increases.......that would at least be somewhat believable.
    .
    .
    .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •