Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 143

Thread: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

  1. #31
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Republicans most assuredly opposed the The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. No Republican Representatives and only two Republican Senators voted for this union cash cow.
    You do realize this is merely because they are not in power. Look at their record when in power. Didn't McCain rightly say they spent like drunken sailors? If you accept such blatant pandering, you will be fooled again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You do realize this is merely because they are not in power. Look at their record when in power. Didn't McCain rightly say they spent like drunken sailors? If you accept such blatant pandering, you will be fooled again.
    You posted a lot of unneccessary words there. All you had to do was admit you were wrong.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #33
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    We bailouts voted for after the Tea Party Republicans were elected, or before?
    I'm sure we can do a search and find where a few didn't do what was expected, but remember, this isn't the test. The test, as it has always been with republicans (hell all politiicans and parties) is not what they do when not in power, but what they do when in power. Care to stand by the republican history? Hyperbole aside, the fact is both spend and will continue to spend.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You posted a lot of unneccessary words there. All you had to do was admit you were wrong.
    Perhaps you should read the words. If you do, you might know what they actually say.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Perhaps you should read the words. If you do, you might know what they actually say.
    My words were very simple and straight forward, unlike your's.

    Are you denying you were wrong when you claimed the Republicans supported the Recovery Act of 2009???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #36
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    My words were very simple and straight forward, unlike your's.

    Are you denying you were wrong when you claimed the Republicans supported the Recovery Act of 2009???
    Read again what I said.

    List of Republicans who voted FOR bailout, against Taxpayers | Republican Liberty Caucus

    The RINO List » List of Republicans who voted for TARP

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Ahhh, so you admit you wandered off-topic.

    And you wonder why people have a hard time understanding what you are talking about..........

    It would be helpful if you discussed the topic of the thread, i.e. the Stimulus Bill or the Recovery Act of 2009.

    If you want to discuss the bailout bill of 2008, you should start your own thread.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #38
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ahhh, so you admit you wandered off-topic.

    And you wonder why people have a hard time understanding what you are talking about..........

    It would be helpful if you discussed the topic of the thread, i.e. the Stimulus Bill or the Recovery Act of 2009.

    If you want to discuss the bailout bill of 2008, you should start your own thread.
    No, I admit you miss the point. Being against democrats doing what you'd do because your not in power is nto equal to any conviction that it shouldn't be done. One way or another, they too would have sponsored a bailout. And we have their past to show. They merely oppose democrats, just as democrats oppose republicans.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I admit you miss the point. Being against democrats doing what you'd do because your not in power is nto equal to any conviction that it shouldn't be done. One way or another, they too would have sponsored a bailout. And we have their past to show. They merely oppose democrats, just as democrats oppose republicans.
    You should really try to stay on topic in these threads. When you go off on a wild tangent, it helps no one, especially you.

    So, now you claim to be clairvoyent and know what Republicans would have done if they were in power????

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #40
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You should really try to stay on topic in these threads. When you go off on a wild tangent, it helps no one, especially you.

    So, now you claim to be clairvoyent and know what Republicans would have done if they were in power????
    And you should try to understand the point so you can address it properly. And it takes no clairvoyence to look at history and predict future performance. I suggest that you demand more than what you have so far before you leap down the path those who believe like have leap down repeatedly, only to still be here. When will you see that you're being played, again. It's not a party thing, as both play the same game (though I do think republicans are better at it.).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •