Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 143

Thread: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

  1. #131
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Aren't those the founding partners of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe?
    nah that would be these guys

    (along with a few jr associates)




  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Aren't those the founding partners of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe?
    A Car Talk listener.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A Car Talk listener.
    Actually, I got it from Bob Eubanks on one of his old game shows.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Source please.
    OK, but I thought you might have paid some attention to your party:

    Since 1970, spending has grown 64% faster when a Republican sits in the White House than when a Democrat does.



    •In the twelve years that a Democrat has sat in the White House, spending has increased at an average rate of 1.29% per year; during the 22 years of Republican presidencies, government spending has risen at an average rate of 2.12%. In other words, spending has grown 64% faster when a Republican sits in the White House than when a Democrat does.
    •During the 20 years Democrats have controlled both houses of Congress, spending has grown at an average rate of 1.84% per year, more than double the average rate of 0.89% per year during the six years the GOP ran Congress. (During the other eight years, when control of Congress was split between the two parties, spending grew at an average rate of 2.52%. The split-control years all occurred during Republican presidencies.)
    •When Democrats controlled the White House plus both houses of Congress, spending grew at 1.70% per year, slightly below the average growth rate of 1.83% for the entire period.
    •The slowest spending growth occurred when a Democrat sat in the White House and Republicans controlled both houses of Congress. Spending rose by an average of just 0.89% during the six years of this situation, which all occurred with Bill Clinton as president and Newt Gingrich as Speaker of the House.
    •During the 14 years Republicans controlled the White House and Democrats controlled both houses of Congress, spending grew at an average annual rate of 1.92%. During the eight years with a Republican president and a split Congress, spending grew at 2.54% per year.

    Spending Statistics: Republicans vs. Democrats « Atypical Guy

    Republicans have forgotten how to control spending
    Q: Have Republicans forgotten how to control spending?
    A: Absolutely. We let spending lurch completely out of control. As president of the United States, I’d take an old veto pen that Ronald Reagan gave me, and I’d veto every single pork barrel bill that comes across my desk. And we’ve got to stop it and stop it now. I look forward to it.

    Source: 2007 GOP YouTube debate in St. Petersburg, Florida Nov 28, 2007

    Republicans have forgotten how to control spending. (Nov 2007)

    John McCain on the Issues

    “We had a chance to change government and it changed us,” McCain said. “We didn’t lose the election in 2006 because of Iraq, we lost it because the Republican majority allowed the largest increase in spending since the Great Society.”

    Weird Republican beliefs - NYTimes.com


    Also of interest:

    Moderator Jim Lehrer of PBS began the debate with the most immediate question on most voters' minds: where each candidate stood on the proposed $700 billion bailout for Wall Street. Both men agreed that Congress needs to take action, but neither committed to supporting specific parts of the plan.

    Obama, McCain Face Off Over Spending And War : NPR

    So, I'm not sure waht you don't, but you should have known your parties spending habits, and that McCain critized them for it. And all while saying congress need to take action on the Wall Street bail out. Enjoy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Actually, I got it from Bob Eubanks on one of his old game shows.
    That's cool as well. So, keep the

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    “We didn’t lose the election in 2006 because of Iraq, we lost it because the Republican majority allowed the largest increase in spending since the Great Society.”
    the maverick is 100% correct

    and since obama and his party took over complete control of the govt...

    mccain makes a good point

    I'm not sure waht you don't,
    pardon?

    but you should have known your parties spending habits, and that McCain critized them for it
    huh?

    And all while saying congress need to take action
    it do?

    Enjoy
    ok, thanks

  7. #137
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 12:56 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope these democrats get voted out of office in 2012 so we can get back to a NORMAL way of running our country.
    Debate Website - Debate Anything! Is Coke better than Pepsi? Does Global Warming Exist? Is Obama really the worst President ever?

  8. #138
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Actually I never said your argument stated that. It merely requires it.
    Come again? How does it require them?

    Learn to read. Seriously. Wow. You're a prime example of why the DOE needs to end.

    I guess you enjoy being a liar?

    Total. Epic. Fail.
    Oh look. Assert something, don't prove it. Provide no logical reasoning. Declare victory.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #139
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope these democrats get voted out of office in 2012 so we can get back to a NORMAL way of running our country.
    Yeah, we need some one like Reagan, who tripled the debt. Oh wait....

    Well, he fixed unemployment...after actually having worse numbers than Obama has had at this point, and by massive stimulus spending...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #140
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Phew. Prove that you put words in my mouth never uttered? Go back and read the OP and your response.
    Do you reject that the argument given in the OP stated that the calculated number stopped with the saved/created job?

    Granted, I realize you don't have a grasp of logic, but try.

    Here we have a third go. Like I said folks, he puts words in other people's mouths and then tells you to defend them. Are you a complete or partial retard? I guess partial because you can use a keyboard.
    Cute. Your article flatly states that the calculation ends with the saved/created job. This explicitly argues that there was nothing else included in the calculation. It completely ignores that those who had their job saved or created did not have their incomes taxed, nor spent any money. Go ahead and try to disprove this. You can't. All you are going to do is throw out unprovable assertions I'm putting words in your mouth. You are completely incapable of showing how my logic is in any way wrong. You won't even TRY to refute the argument I'm giving. You will merely try to insult me.

    See, I stated this "let's see. The cost per job directly states it ends at the saved job alone. That explicitly argues that multipliers were not applied in the calculation. You will not have response to this because you cannot refute the logic I use. Hence why you always fall back on "he's dishonest!" Absolutely nothing I stated is what you make it out to be. If it was, you could show that the logic within the argument you posted taken to its conclusion is not what I argued. But you cannot. Nor will you even try." to which you had nothing but personal insults, which I am reporting you for. I predicted you could not deal with the logic I gave and look what you did? You didn't even try to do it.

    Now a forth go. Is it dementia or partial retardation? I'm not quite sure how to analyze this from a distance.
    Enjoy your warning.

    Now... let's make it simple so even you can understand. I don't accept the premise of your argument or defense of Obama.
    Did I defend him? I merely pointed out the calculation is stupid because it ignores multipliers.

    His job isn't to siphon wealth from others, run it through the government meat grinder and send it out to his pet constituents. See... nothing remotely close to your attempt to ascribe a position to me. You didn't even hit the dart board, in fact you brained an audience member.
    Failure to disclaim an article you post is admission that it is your argument. You should have learned this day one.

    Now what argument are you going to ascribe this time Charlie?
    Try to fail less in your response. and actually do something other then personal insults.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •