Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 143

Thread: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

  1. #121
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Still carrying the liar title eh? How is my reasoning exceptionally unrealistic? You falsely attributed an argument to me that I never made. So you calling that theory wrong and I wrong for backing it when I never argued it is dishonest. Furthermore, after I clarified that I never made that argument you declared wrong, you KEEP attributing it to me. So either you can't read or you have a serious chip on your shoulder and you're willing to basically lie in the face of everything.

    Actually it's jail. Not guns. But still doesn't address what you quoted.

    I'm sorry you think that lying is a good argument.

    One must wonder if you can read. I never argued that borrowing does not have consequences. I merely pointed out that borrowing can result in good outcomes dependent upon who you are. You never addressed this instead attributing arguments to me that I never made. Furthermore, you still refuse to stop attributing arguments I never made despite clarification I never made them. How does this not render you a liar ?

    Nice fallacy of raising the bar. Not only are you a liar in accusing me of things I never said, but you now, faced with an argument you can't lie yourself out of (don't you hate that there's a limit on editing posts?) you now raise the bar. Sure, money will be allocated in the future towards debt servicing, but you are still wrong that they took the money to pay for the stimulus. People freely gave them money to pay for the stimulus. Someone else 10, 15, 30 years down the road is going to pay it back.

    It's amusing you think Gringrich and Goldwater are on the left.

    Btw, you haven't actually addressed what I was talking about, namely that the cost assumption per job is stupid because it does not account for multipliers. I doubt you even know what a multiplier is.
    No... I never attributed any argument to you -- on the contrary, I pointed out that you had a naive understanding with implied assumptions that were quite outrageous. Your follow-up attempts have only underscored the simplemindedness of your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Actually it's jail. Not guns. But still doesn't address what you quoted.
    I'll continue to hold your hand and eventually we'll get through this... now, what happens when you refuse to go to jail?

  2. #122
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    No... I never attributed any argument to you
    Therefore you are a liar. Let's revisit your earlier posts:

    What's retarded is your ridiculous assumption that the saved/created jobs were created out of thin air and not at the expense of others.
    Looks like you did. And after I point out I made no such argument you again attribute the same argument I never made to me:

    And I was merely pointing out the flawed assumptions within your unrealistic model that requires money used to create or save jobs come out of thin air.
    Therefore, you are lying.

    on the contrary, I pointed out that you had a naive understanding with implied assumptions that were quite outrageous.
    On the contrary, you never even addressed what I wrote. I never once argued that jobs came out of "thin air." Not a single instance. Yet you TWICE attributed an argument to me I never made. Tell me, how does falsely accusing someone of making an argument they never made after being told they never made that argument not make you a liar?

    Your follow-up attempts have only underscored the simplemindedness of your argument.
    If you want to attack someone on the thin air argument, attack the person who made it: You. I get that you don't really have much skill so much so you have to basically lie about what people say to have any hopes of winning an argument, but at least TRY to make it look like they made it. You have yet to address my actual statement that the calculated job cost number is stupid because it requires those in the saved/created jobs to be robots. Tell me which of my assumptions is wrong on the argument I actually made.

    I'll continue to hold your hand and eventually we'll get through this... now, what happens when you refuse to go to jail?
    The idiocy level here is rising. People can't even figure out what other people said.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 07-15-11 at 02:08 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #123
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Therefore you are a liar. Let's revisit your earlier posts:

    Looks like you did. And after I point out I made no such argument you again attribute the same argument I never made to me:

    Therefore, you are lying.
    None of that is attributing an argument to you. It's precisely what I said it was: - pointing out the absurd, implied assumptions in your argument. If you're still confused, I suggest you consult a dictionary.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    On the contrary, you never even addressed what I wrote. I never once argued that jobs came out of "thin air." Not a single instance.
    Of course you didn't. That's why you make naive arguments with conclusions that imply such things.


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You have yet to address my actual statement that the calculated job cost number is stupid because it requires those in the saved/created jobs to be robots.
    What?
    Oh no you don't! Liar, liar pants on fire! The article never said that! You're lying! OMG!

  4. #124
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    None of that is attributing an argument to you.
    And you got to that conclusion how?

    It's precisely what I said it was: - pointing out the absurd, implied assumptions in your argument. If you're still confused, I suggest you consult a dictionary.
    Name a single absurd implied assumption in my argument.

    Of course you didn't. That's why you make naive arguments with conclusions that imply such things.
    Come again? You outright state I never made such an argument...and yet you said this "What's retarded is your ridiculous assumption that the saved/created jobs were created out of thin air and not at the expense of others" while saying my argument which I didn't say actually says that. All without actually naming a single assumption you think is wrong. Wow. You're a prime example of why the DOE needs to end.

    What?
    Oh no you don't! Liar, liar pants on fire! The article never said that! You're lying! OMG!
    Actually I never said the article stated that. It merely requires it. Learn to read. Seriously. Furthermore, to further prove you are a liar, here are my quotes detailing how my argument has not changed.

    Post #68
    My original point still stands. The stated cost per job is exceptionally stupid as it requires no taxes to be levied and no income to be spent by those saved or created jobs.
    Post #54
    The only way Weekly Standard's numbers hold up if no one taxed those jobs and the people in those saved jobs spent no money and put it under the bed away from the financial sector.
    Post #56
    The idiotic assumption underlying Zimmer's stupid argument is that those who had jobs created/saved incurred no taxes and spent no money. Now, I don't know where he's from, but people I know spend money merely to eat and house themselves, both often incur taxes in some form. Therefore, the base assumption which ends at the saved job itself is rather idiotic as it ignores basic human behavior
    I guess you enjoy being a liar?

    You accuse me of an argument I never made, never address my argument and then say you're not a liar after you then argued my argument (which I never made) makes assumptions you cannot even name, but you think are absurd.

    Total. Epic. Fail.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 07-15-11 at 05:07 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #125
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Come again? You outright state I never made such an argument...and yet you said this "What's retarded is your ridiculous assumption that the saved/created jobs were created out of thin air and not at the expense of others" while saying my argument which I didn't say actually says that. All without actually naming a single assumption you think is wrong. Wow. You're a prime example of why the DOE needs to end.
    Actually I never said your argument stated that. It merely requires it. Learn to read. Seriously. Wow. You're a prime example of why the DOE needs to end.

    I guess you enjoy being a liar?

    Total. Epic. Fail.

  6. #126
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Okay. Go and prove this. Try.
    Phew. Prove that you put words in my mouth never uttered? Go back and read the OP and your response.

    Your constant inability to actually prove your argument much less how the concluded logic you declare "dishonest" is actually dishonest suggests you never were taught proper debate skills.
    Here we have a third go. Like I said folks, he puts words in other people's mouths and then tells you to defend them. Are you a complete or partial retard? I guess partial because you can use a keyboard.

    Let's see. The cost per job directly states it ends at the saved job alone. That explicitly argues that multipliers were not applied in the calculation. You will not have response to this because you cannot refute the logic I use. Hence why you always fall back on "he's dishonest!" Absolutely nothing I stated is what you make it out to be. If it was, you could show that the logic within the argument you posted taken to its conclusion is not what I argued. But you cannot. Nor will you even try.
    Now a forth go. Is it dementia or partial retardation? I'm not quite sure how to analyze this from a distance.

    Good luck proving this. Especially after how I just dissected your tactic.
    A fifth go.

    The simple fact that you call logic "putting words in other's mouths" is not a sign of skill on your part.
    A sixth go. Trying to assign an argument never stated.

    Like Charles Manson, you're relentless.

    Now... let's make it simple so even you can understand. I don't accept the premise of your argument or defense of Obama. His job isn't to siphon wealth from others, run it through the government meat grinder and send it out to his pet constituents. See... nothing remotely close to your attempt to ascribe a position to me. You didn't even hit the dart board, in fact you brained an audience member.

    Now what argument are you going to ascribe this time Charlie?

    5
    4
    3
    2
    1...

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #127
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    It would be better if Obama shared the money between unemployment people.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  8. #128
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    It would be better if Obama shared the money between unemployment people.
    Great! Let's do that.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #129
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    back to topic

    Obama's economists




  10. #130
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    back to topic

    Obama's economists

    Aren't those the founding partners of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •