Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s ...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s ...

    Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s Biggest - Christopher Helman - Fuel - Forbes

    Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s Biggest

    Thatʼs nothing, says Hamm. He’s convinced that the recoverable bounty is more like 24 billion barrels (20 billion of crude, plus the equivalent of 4 billion barrels in natural gas and other liquids). If true, this is oil on an outlandish scale–enough to double America’s proven reserves; nearly as much as ExxonMobil’s 28 billion in reserves; enough oil to supply the entirety of U.S. demand (roughly 20 million barrels per day) for three years. It would rank high up on the world’s biggest oilfields.

  2. #2
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,656

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    Eh, hopefully for us.

    It's been good to us lately.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    At this stage I think the more important point is at what rate can we extract the oil.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    That just can't be. We're almost out of oil and have to depend on foreign oil, because of it.

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That just can't be. We're almost out of oil and have to depend on foreign oil, because of it.
    Uhh no, where did you get that idea?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uhh no, where did you get that idea?
    That's what the Libbos have been telling us for years.

  7. #7
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    According to Nation Master dot Com the Us consumed 18,690,000 bbl/day, in 2009


    According to the same source the US is number 14 in reserves with 22,450,000,000 barrels.
    This was before this find, so this more than doubles what we have if I counted the zeros right.

    Now all we have to do is drill baby drill, if the environmentally ill, the EPA and Obama, will allow it.

    If someone wants to make the lame asses claim that if we start drilling today it will take two years for it to help.

    You ask them how long it will take if we never start?

    The threat that we will be self sufficient should drive down the OPEC prices down in the hope we will put off the drilling if it's cheap enough.

    Yes China will step in but they are already in the game at number 2 using 8,200,000 bbl/day which means they can't come close to filling any gap we could create.

    Announce massive drilling coming because of current prices and watch the prices drop.

    Hate to use a cliché, but this would be a win, win situation.


    Oil consumption statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

  8. #8
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    This is great news! It will also dovetail with the environmentalists. There's no beautiful scenery to spoil in ND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  9. #9
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    According to Nation Master dot Com the Us consumed 18,690,000 bbl/day, in 2009


    According to the same source the US is number 14 in reserves with 22,450,000,000 barrels.
    This was before this find, so this more than doubles what we have if I counted the zeros right.

    Now all we have to do is drill baby drill, if the environmentally ill, the EPA and Obama, will allow it.

    If someone wants to make the lame asses claim that if we start drilling today it will take two years for it to help.

    You ask them how long it will take if we never start?

    The threat that we will be self sufficient should drive down the OPEC prices down in the hope we will put off the drilling if it's cheap enough.

    Yes China will step in but they are already in the game at number 2 using 8,200,000 bbl/day which means they can't come close to filling any gap we could create.

    Announce massive drilling coming because of current prices and watch the prices drop.

    Hate to use a cliché, but this would be a win, win situation.


    Oil consumption statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster
    If only they can drill in North Dakota

    Oh wait they already are, and to my knowledge, (fiddytree will have more first hand knowledge) drilling nearly as fast as they can with the resources in the area (people, pipelines etc)
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Tycoon Says North Dakota Oil Field Will Yield 24 Billion Barrels, Among World’s .

    Drill baby drill!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •