Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

  1. #11
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    can you please provide more details? i can't view this on my work pc. what's the name of the property?
    Sure LL, give me a moment. check your inbox.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #12
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    can you please provide more details? i can't view this on my work pc. what's the name of the property?
    so it turns out these subsidies are provided by the county? in a county where the median income is 102k, for a family of 3? where average housing costs have skyrocketed?

    Fairfax County, Virginia detailed profile - houses, real estate, cost of living, wages, work, agriculture, ancestries, and more

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #13
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so it turns out these subsidies are provided by the county? in a county where the median income is 102k, for a family of 3? where average housing costs have skyrocketed?

    Fairfax County, Virginia detailed profile - houses, real estate, cost of living, wages, work, agriculture, ancestries, and more
    That looks about right yes.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    FAIRFAX, Va. -- Resort-style swimming pools with fountains and heated spas, billiards rooms, granite counter tops, ceramic tile, indoor basketball courts, stainless steel appliances -- many Fairfax County taxpayers cannot afford such luxuries. But they are paying for these amenities for use by low-income residents who live in subsidized housing in affluent neighborhoods.
    Lol...

    Fairfax was the first county in the United States to reach a six-figure median household income, and has the second-highest median household income of any local jurisdiction in the United States after neighbor Loudoun County.[1][2]
    With a gross county product of about $95 billion, the economy of Fairfax County is larger than that of Morocco.
    The county is home to seven Fortune 500 company headquarters,[29] 11 Hispanic 500 companies,[30]
    The average weekly wage in Fairfax County during the first quarter of 2005 was $1,181, 52% more than the national average.
    Another one of MrVicchio's colossal research failures. One of the richest places in the US willingly subsidizes such amenities for its residents.... color us all shocked.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That looks about right yes.
    i believe the point about concentrating poverty is valid. the county owns those units, and it's ridiculous for herrity to claim that most of the county's taxpayers can't afford pools or granite countertops.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #16
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i believe the point about concentrating poverty is valid. the county owns those units, and it's ridiculous for herrity to claim that most of the county's taxpayers can't afford pools or granite countertops.
    Be that as it may, why should the people subsidize such luxury? Honestly?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #17
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol...









    Another one of MrVicchio's colossal research failures. One of the richest places in the US willingly subsidizes such amenities for its residents.... color us all shocked.
    There is no research failure. Only a failure of you to explain why the tax payers should be funding such... amenities for those that cannot afford it.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #18
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Be that as it may, why should the people subsidize such luxury? Honestly?
    because building entire neighborhoods of subsidized housing stinks. don't tell me you've never seen public housing that's been all boarded up?

    i really think that mixing classes is good for everyone involved. and remember, policemen and fire fighters and teachers get subsidized as well. if the people of the county have issues, they can deal with this.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #19
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Luxury Housing or Affordable Housing?

    A very good article that shows both sides of the story.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #20
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FFX Subsidized Housing Tenants Live Large On Your Dime

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    because building entire neighborhoods of subsidized housing stinks. don't tell me you've never seen public housing that's been all boarded up?

    i really think that mixing classes is good for everyone involved. and remember, policemen and fire fighters and teachers get subsidized as well. if the people of the county have issues, they can deal with this.
    I agree that the voters will have to decide this. I also agree Section 8 style housing is crap. However, while FF is a very wealthy area, remember, not everyone there is a rich, and not everyone is poor enough to get such programs... what about thos efolks that are inbetween? they pay taxes, but cannot afford the good stuff.. how do they factor in here?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •