Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 110

Thread: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Looking into this. So far the stories are all on blogs and all based on a WND story, which means highly questionable. Looking for a real story on this.

    Edit: no such EO is listed at the WH website, and no reporting on this outside of right wing blogs. Going to go with either a hoax or a complete misrepresentation of what has been done./
    OP story linked to the memo.. have not read it yet myself....

    http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf

    EDIT:

    Upon research online and reading this thread... I do not see any act or memo from the President authorizing a change in ICE procedures.
    Last edited by Whovian; 06-27-11 at 04:19 PM.

  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yep, no sign of Amnesty at all. Seriously, can you reach a deeper level of political hackery Redress?
    SO choosing to prioritize prosecutions for those in high risk categories over those in low risk categories, as has been the procedure for some time, is now amnesty? Interesting conclusion, even if entirely false.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    SO choosing to prioritize prosecutions for those in high risk categories over those in low risk categories, as has been the procedure for some time, is now amnesty? Interesting conclusion, even if entirely false.
    The controversy dates to June 2010, when ICE Director John Morton issued a memo to all agency employees explaining that it had the resources to remove only about 400,000 illegal immigrants annually - less than 4 percent of the estimated illegal immigrant population.
    Morton said ICE needed to prioritize the deportations of illegal immigrants to those who pose a risk to national security and public safety, recent illegal entrants and repeat immigration violators.
    The records obtained by the Houston Chronicle show top ICE attorneys from across the country, including Gary L. Goldman, chief counsel for Houston, met in Denver at a two-day leadership conference in early August and discussed Morton's priorities, the agency's limited resources and the need to exercise prosecutorial discretion - the power to decide which immigration cases to pursue.


    Read more: Report: Feds downplayed ICE case dismissals | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    Why the stonewalling and cover ups? Why the BS on this, if it's just "the smart thing to do"?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #74
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Why the stonewalling and cover ups? Why the BS on this, if it's just "the smart thing to do"?
    Because some idiots would make a big deal out of nothing?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because some idiots would make a big deal out of nothing?
    There we go folks, no need to know what's going on from the Feds, just trust everything they do, cause "us idiots" might get upset.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #76
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Don't see what this has to do with the DREAM ACT at all.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    There we go folks, no need to know what's going on from the Feds, just trust everything they do, cause "us idiots" might get upset.
    This is what we call a straw man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is what we call a straw man.
    No, it's not. You said it yourself, they covered up what they were doing because "idiots" would get upset. Conclusion, we really don't need ot know what's going on because "idiots" would get upset, just trust them.


    But we both know you were just using passive aggressive wording to insults the posters in this thread that disagree with you.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #79
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, it's not. You said it yourself, they covered up what they were doing because "idiots" would get upset. Conclusion, we really don't need ot know what's going on because "idiots" would get upset, just trust them.


    But we both know you were just using passive aggressive wording to insults the posters in this thread that disagree with you.
    No, and no. Wrong on both counts. They did not publicize because people would be upset over something that amounts to nothing, as this thread demonstrates.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #80
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You saw that it came from Hotair.com and they're a buncha Conservatives--excuse me, racist Conservatives--who hate Obama because he's black and can't see through their hatred to see how wonderful he really is, hence the reason that you can't understand why anyone would believe that he would never do anything like this. You probably believe that he isn't working on gun control, "under the radar, either.
    Can you honestly not understand why people would like an unbiased source from you? Unless you're willing to accept all media matters posts as the gospel without being able to question them then you can't expect people to accept an idiotic right wing blog to be used as if it were a proper source.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •