Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110

Thread: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

  1. #21
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Then show me the executive order. People can say anything, but without that, this is nothing. People do comment on stuff they believe is true on news shows without it actually being true. Look at, for example, truthers. Right now, every source that reported it, it eventually went back to WND, which is not a credible source.

    The closest to real documentation I did find was a memo that specified that agents should use more discretion on who to deport, which is not even remotely close to the DREAM Act.
    "According to our friends over at HotAir.com, the DREAM Act has been rammed through by an ICE Executive Memo despite its rejection by Congress and the American people twice.

    A memo written by ICE Director John Morton and sent to all agents in charge, chief counsel, office directors and special agents, states ICE doesn't have enough resources to deal with illegal immigrants who happen to be students, and therefore, they should have less of a chance of deportation due to the criteria used when making decisions about who will be deported known as "prosecutorial discretion." According the the ICE memo:"


    http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf


    If there is a claim about an actual Executive Order, believe that is inaccurate. What I see is the proposal that the Dream Act is being pushed through via proxy through an ICE statement from Morton. And the document is published on the attached ICE link....



    .
    Last edited by pragmatic; 06-26-11 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelled a name wrong....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or mistaken, or misrepresenting something. Got a link to the document yet? If this is true, it has to exist.
    I'm sure you would agree that if an annoucement was made Friday afternoon, that's reasonable to believe the information wouldn't be posted to the government's website by Sunday afternoon.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Whether you think it makes sense is irrelevant. What you need is actual documentation. The source in the linked story comes from WND.
    How is this? http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf

    Factors to Consider When Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion
    When weighing whether an exercise of prosecutorial discretion may be warranted for a given
    . alien, ICE officers, agents , and attorneys should consider all relevant factors, including, but not
    limited to*
    ...
    • the circumstances of the person's arrival in the United States and the manner of his or her
    entry,particularly if the alien came to the United States as a young child;
    • the person's pursuit of education in the United States, with particular consideration given
    to those who have graduated from a U.S. high school or have successfully pursued or are
    pursuing a college or advanced degrees at a legitimate institution of higher education in
    the United States;
    • whether the person, or the person's immediate relative,has served in the U.S. military,
    reserves, or national guard, with particular consideration given to those who served in
    combat;
    Just a wink and a nod from the White House. Or perhaps plausible denial.

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    "According to our friends over at HotAir.com, the DREAM Act has been rammed through by an ICE Executive Memo despite its rejection by Congress and the American people twice.

    A memo written by ICE Director John Morton and sent to all agents in charge, chief counsel, office directors and special agents, states ICE doesn't have enough resources to deal with illegal immigrants who happen to be students, and therefore, they should have less of a chance of deportation due to the criteria used when making decisions about who will be deported known as "prosecutorial discretion." According the the ICE memo:"


    http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf


    If there is a claim about an actual Executive Order, believe that is inaccurate. What I see is the proposal that the Dream Act is being pushed through via proxy through an ICE statement from Morton. And the document is published on the attached ICE link....



    .
    1) You should always read your source material. Quoting some one talking about the source material tends to be misleading.

    2) I already mentioned this right here in this very thread

    3) Nothing in the memo is the DREAM Act

    4) The memo states that resources are limited, and as such, should not be used to prosecute certain people, which does include veterans and students, but also people here since birth, pregnant women, victims of human trafficking, children, and also stipulates who should be prosecuted, including those who are gang members, a risk to national security, repeat offenders, and so on.

    5) So in other words, you are exactly right, except for almost every single detail being wrong. This is not the DREAM Act, it is not from an EO or Executive memo, and all it does is discuss who is a priority to prosecute.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    How is this? http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf



    Just a wink and a nod from the White House. Or perhaps plausible denial.
    You did not read the whole document either. It is still not the DREAM Act, it is still nothing more than a routine explanation of priorities for limited dollars to prosecute.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) You should always read your source material. Quoting some one talking about the source material tends to be misleading.

    2) I already mentioned this right here in this very thread

    3) Nothing in the memo is the DREAM Act

    4) The memo states that resources are limited, and as such, should not be used to prosecute certain people, which does include veterans and students, but also people here since birth, pregnant women, victims of human trafficking, children, and also stipulates who should be prosecuted, including those who are gang members, a risk to national security, repeat offenders, and so on.

    5) So in other words, you are exactly right, except for almost every single detail being wrong. This is not the DREAM Act, it is not from an EO or Executive memo, and all it does is discuss who is a priority to prosecute.
    You're scratching hard, to cover for The One.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You did not read the whole document either. It is still not the DREAM Act, it is still nothing more than a routine explanation of priorities for limited dollars to prosecute.
    Actually I did. The bulleted points sure look like the Dream Act to me.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're scratching hard, to cover for The One.
    No, everything I stated is 100 % factually correct. The OP source is not. This is not the DREAM Act. There is no route to citizenship in this. I cannot find even where this came directly from the president, and it does not appear to be from either an EO or Executive memo.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Actually I did. The bulleted points sure look like the Dream Act to me.
    Except that there are alot of other bullet points, and that it does not do what the DREAM Act proposed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Obama Administration Passes DREAM ACT by Executive Memo

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) You should always read your source material. Quoting some one talking about the source material tends to be misleading.

    2) I already mentioned this right here in this very thread

    3) Nothing in the memo is the DREAM Act

    4) The memo states that resources are limited, and as such, should not be used to prosecute certain people, which does include veterans and students, but also people here since birth, pregnant women, victims of human trafficking, children, and also stipulates who should be prosecuted, including those who are gang members, a risk to national security, repeat offenders, and so on.

    5) So in other words, you are exactly right, except for almost every single detail being wrong. This is not the DREAM Act, it is not from an EO or Executive memo, and all it does is discuss who is a priority to prosecute.
    Verbose answer to counter points I never made. Was linking what the claim was to the source it (the claim) was basing it's contention.



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •