Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Obama on ATMs and Unemployment Oi!

  1. #11
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama on ATMs and Unemployment Oi!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ATMs were merely one example of what he's talking about, and if you don't see that you're just blindly partisan. (and possibly stupid)

    Obama didn't say "ATMs caused high unemployment."
    Technology changes things. Companies can do more business with fewer workers than before. Downloadable media reduces the need for physical stores to sell that media. ATMs reduce the need for bank tellers.
    There would be more jobs had the unions and government not artificially increased wages, had government not punished wealth. He missed that by a mile and it is the root problem. Obama, his policies and tone.

    He's in a box. He has to blame something or someone other than himself for the mess we have.

    Obama sounds like those that lamented the end of the buggy whip.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-28-11 at 05:41 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Obama on ATMs and Unemployment Oi!

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    There would be more jobs had the unions and government not artificially increased wages, had government not punished wealth. He missed that by a mile and it is the root problem. Obama, his policies and tone.

    He's in a box. He has to blame something or someone other than himself for the mess we have.

    Obama sounds like those that lamented the end of the buggy whip.

    .
    I think my order got mixed up. I wanted a reasonable debate, somebody else must have ordered the partisan nonsense.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama on ATMs and Unemployment Oi!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I think my order got mixed up. I wanted a reasonable debate, somebody else must have ordered the partisan nonsense.
    What's nonsense? Your comment above by the looks of it. With so many targets... why not unravel one or two instead of the Captain Courtesy styled flame?

    1. Unions and government artificially inflating wages?
    2. Government punishing wealth creators?
    3. Obama's tone and policies are not hostile to business?
    4. He's not in a box when looking at 2012? Really?! He can't run on accomplishments, so what's left? Pity, attack others, say he needs more time?
    5. He doesn't sound like those who lamented the loss of the buggy whip industry for putting people out of work?

    Is Obama a Luddite?
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-29-11 at 12:42 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #14
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Obama on ATMs and Unemployment Oi!

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What's nonsense? Your comment above by the looks of it. With so many targets... why not unravel one or two instead of the Captain Courtesy styled flame?

    1. Unions and government artificially inflating wages?
    2. Government punishing wealth creators?
    3. Obama's tone and policies are not hostile to business?
    4. He's not in a box when looking at 2012? Really?! He can't run on accomplishments, so what's left? Pity, attack others, say he needs more time?
    5. He doesn't sound like those who lamented the loss of the buggy whip industry for putting people out of work?

    Is Obama a Luddite?
    Standard conservative tactic when confronted on a topic is to change the topic, preferably by throwing out as many unrelated points as possible to deflect the conversation.

    The topic is Obama's statements where he mentioned ATMs. Obama did not "blame ATMs for high unemployment." I pointed that out, and then you attempted to change the topic.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #15
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama on ATMs and Unemployment Oi!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Standard conservative tactic when confronted on a topic is to change the topic, preferably by throwing out as many unrelated points as possible to deflect the conversation.

    The topic is Obama's statements where he mentioned ATMs. Obama did not "blame ATMs for high unemployment." I pointed that out, and then you attempted to change the topic.
    And your CC styled flame was on topic?

    He used it as an example of why things are so tough for him to create jobs. He isn't responsible for creating jobs, only the environment for them to be created. He's failed, is a failure, and it's no wonder as he's an economic illiterate.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •