Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

  1. #81
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you feel that Michelle Bachman is a hypocrite but Barrack Obama has always been sincere, stood by his principle, has been honest with the American people and doing a good job as President.

    I'm looking forward to the Presidential debates when BHO calls her a hypocrite because of this pork belly issue.
    i read your post and can only conclude english is not your first language. i come to that observation because i stated this previously:
    the ONLY thing Obama has going for him is the inability of the republican party to identify someone with the competence to be a viable alternative in 2012
    in no way did i state
    ... Obama has always been sincere, stood by his principle, has been honest with the American people and doing a good job as President
    it appears you are either confused about the use of language or you are attempting to manipulate the facts to show them to be other than they have been posted
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If the product was bought for government use say the military she did nothing wrong. Of course that does not matter to liberals
    Then show that the subsidies went to feed our soldiers and sailors and convulesing veterans in VA Hospitals. Prove that the subsidies Bachmann procured went to "defense" - a constitutional enumarate - and I'm 100% in your corner that she acquired said subsidy for the right reason as constitutioannly defined by Conservatives and Libertarians alike.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Where was she interfering in the market?? The government buys food stuffs for the military. for example, and she would like them to buy Minnesota products. If she becomes President then she will encourage others to buy American goods. This is not "interfering in the market". This is promoting the people you represent.

    This is not the scandal you're hoping for, but you keep digging.
    Again, if that was, in fact, the reason for the purchase, you'd have to prove it. Otherwise, if those food stuffs did not go to feed our men and women in uniform, then the government purchase did have an artificial affect on the marketplace because it wasn't consumers who make up the free market system who made that bulk purchase. It was the federal government. By default, one could reasonable argue that the government itself interferred with the commodities market (pork) at the request of a politician.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Right. She wants the government to buy her state's products, something that has never occurred to any other politician.

    For that idea alone she deserves to be President.
    But here's the thing...

    If Backmann believes in the free market system as she claims she does and she's against government interference in those markets, why then wouldn't she go to other private companies and have them make these purchases? After all, Conservatives keep saying that the only way to spur job growth is through the private sector, right? So, if she really believes this why didn't she go to private companies, seek their assistance in investing in the purchase of these commodities, thereby employee more people, thereby actually infusing capital into the free market system?

    I know the answer to this question...do you?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 06-28-11 at 12:52 PM.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If the purchase is for the military or schools or the poor your point is moot
    Again, prove that that's where those commodities went to...they the purchase of Minnesota pork went straight to the military and public schools. Without that prove, your arguments are invalid.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And this will be the main issue with Obamaniacs. It's pitiful what America has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you feel that Michelle Bachman is a hypocrite but Barrack Obama has always been sincere, stood by his principle, has been honest with the American people and doing a good job as President.

    I'm looking forward to the Presidential debates when BHO calls her a hypocrite because of this pork belly issue.
    The topic isn't about the President, his economic policy nor his actions. It's about Congresswoman Bachmann. Try to stay on point and not deflect, please.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 06-28-11 at 12:51 PM.

  7. #87
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,761

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Commodity Foods - food, nutrition, needs, body, diet, health, eating, Commodity Supplemental Food Program

    Search on "DOA commodity buys, where does the food go?" revealed the following link at number 1.

    The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) administers several programs that distribute commodity foods, which are foods that the federal government has the legal authority to purchase and distribute in order to support farm prices. The first commodity distribution program began during the Great Depression of the 1930s, when it was known as the Needy Family Program. This was the main form of food assistance for low-income people in the United States until the Food Stamp Program was expanded in the early 1970s. The Needy Family Program distributed surplus agricultural commodities such as cheese, butter, and other items directly to low-income people. Today, the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, administers the nation's commodity food distribution programs. The programs continue to improve the nutrition status of low-income people, while providing a means for using surplus agricultural commodities from U.S. farm programs.
    So, I guess it gets put to good use, according to this site.

    But...Objective Voice, its hard to find out what really happened, because of the lazy reporting. They were interested in playing gotcha with Bachmann, not in finding out how the commodities were used. Lack of evidence on what its used for would lie with the reporters being in a position to ask Dept of Ag officials but didnt do so because it didnt further the agenda behind the story---getting negative press on Bachmann.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Commodity Foods - food, nutrition, needs, body, diet, health, eating, Commodity Supplemental Food Program

    Search on "DOA commodity buys, where does the food go?" revealed the following link at number 1.



    So, I guess it gets put to good use, according to this site.

    But...Objective Voice, its hard to find out what really happened, because of the lazy reporting. They were interested in playing gotcha with Bachmann, not in finding out how the commodities were used. Lack of evidence on what its used for would lie with the reporters being in a position to ask Dept of Ag officials but didnt do so because it didnt further the agenda behind the story---getting negative press on Bachmann.
    Alright, so let's say it was "gotcha" liberal media reporting. Isn't it still incumbant on Congresswoman Bachmann to provide the details concerning such a large federally financed purchase for here constituents? You may want to let her off the hook, but if I (still) lived in Minnesota and learned about this and knew her distain for "big government, goverment intrution on the marketplace and government subsidies," I'd be demanding that she provide the residents of Minnesota with some answers. And my #1 question to her would be:

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice
    If Backmann believes in the free market system as she claims she does and she's against government interference in those markets, why then wouldn't she go to other private companies and have them make these purchases?

  9. #89
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,761

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Alright, so let's say it was "gotcha" liberal media reporting. Isn't it still incumbant on Congresswoman Bachmann to provide the details concerning such a large federally financed purchase for here constituents? You may want to let her off the hook, but if I (still) lived in Minnesota and learned about this and knew her distain for "big government, goverment intrution on the marketplace and government subsidies," I'd be demanding that she provide the residents of Minnesota with some answers. And my #1 question to her would be:
    If Backmann believes in the free market system as she claims she does and she's against government interference in those markets, why then wouldn't she go to other private companies and have them make these purchases?
    Because that food went directly to government programs for poor families. Do I agree with how it was arranged? Nope. Do I think Bachmann should have taken the money? Nope. Do I think she was fully aware of the subsidy on a family farm she doesnt run? Nope. Do I think she benefitted directly? Yes. I think the thing for her to do is to man up, admit about the farm subsidies and possibly look at repayment in the amount she and only she benefitted. Thats how I would handle it if I were handling her image.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    The bottom line is that she took advantage of some gov't spending out of one side of her mouth while bashing gov't spending out of the other side. It's not that what she did was bad. It's that she says one thing but does another. It's hypocritical and inconsistent. I'm not surprised. I'm just pointing it out.
    And you point out these inconsistencies with all politicians, or just female politicians?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •