Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 104

Thread: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

  1. #11
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If the product was bought for government use say the military she did nothing wrong. Of course that does not matter to liberals
    I just said that I don't feel she did anything wrong by asking for assistance from the fed gov't. I actually believe that the gov't should invest when it's needed. Bachmann's problem is that she constantly rails against gov't spending while simultaneously taking advantage of gov't spending. It's hypocritical. It needs to be pointed out.


  2. #12
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If the product was bought for government use say the military she did nothing wrong. Of course that does not matter to liberals
    She's a hypocrite, she bashes what she calls socialism and for smaller government, but when it comes to her family farm she's right there with pork feedbag on.

  3. #13
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Not jumping to any conclusions. We dont know what it was spent for. Yeah, maybe there is something there. But we dont know for sure. I would have to assume the food wasnt bought to simply rot, so it was used for something. What that something is we dont know.

    Pbrauer and Sgtloudmouthenstein, until we know what the stuff was bought for we dont know how legitimate the expenditure was. Do either of you agree to that much?
    Or are you going with the fire breathing rhetoric that requires no thought on your part?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I just said that I don't feel she did anything wrong by asking for assistance from the fed gov't. I actually believe that the gov't should invest when it's needed. Bachmann's problem is that she constantly rails against gov't spending while simultaneously taking advantage of gov't spending. It's hypocritical. It needs to be pointed out.
    It is not if it is not a sudsidy which it is not. You just trying to find something to demean her with

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    She's a hypocrite, she bashes what she calls socialism and for smaller government, but when it comes to her family farm she's right there with pork feedbag on.
    Thats crap. Thanking the government for buying products from her state is legitimate

  6. #16
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Not jumping to any conclusions. We dont know what it was spent for. Yeah, maybe there is something there. But we dont know for sure. I would have to assume the food wasnt bought to simply rot, so it was used for something. What that something is we dont know.

    Pbrauer and Sgtloudmouthenstein, until we know what the stuff was bought for we dont know how legitimate the expenditure was. Do either of you agree to that much?
    Or are you going with the fire breathing rhetoric that requires no thought on your part?
    No I won't agree with you. She's a hypocrite and a liar. Only morons take her seriously or give her any credit. If you had an ounce of intelligence, you'd run from her as fast as you can. Of course, I could be nicer; but since you want to throw out insults, I think I'll take a pass on being nice. Can we agree on that much, Opportunity C O C K?


  7. #17
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    The bottom line is that she took advantage of some gov't spending out of one side of her mouth while bashing gov't spending out of the other side. It's not that what she did was bad. It's that she says one thing but does another. It's hypocritical and inconsistent. I'm not surprised. I'm just pointing it out.
    Lets face it... all these politicians (I don't care what party they belong to) only look after themselves only and the hell with the rest of us.
    Catch me if you can.

  8. #18
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    No I won't agree with you. She's a hypocrite and a liar. Only morons take her seriously or give her any credit. If you had an ounce of intelligence, you'd run from her as fast as you can. Of course, I could be nicer; but since you want to throw out insults, I think I'll take a pass on being nice. Can we agree on that much, Opportunity C O C K?
    Apparently I hit a nerve. Dont post angry Sarge.
    Again, we dont know how legitmate the expenditures were, the "reporter" seemed to have an oar in the water on the subject and didnt look at why the money was spent he went straight for the outrage button and you and PB obliged.

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Apparently I hit a nerve. Dont post angry Sarge.
    Again, we dont know how legitmate the expenditures were, the "reporter" seemed to have an oar in the water on the subject and didnt look at why the money was spent he went straight for the outrage button and you and PB obliged.
    That's actually irrelevant. Bachmann is explicitly praising government intervention into a market to prop up industry.

    "Your efforts to stabilize prices through direct government purchasing of pork and dairy products are very much welcomed by the producers in Minnesota, and I would encourage you to take any additional steps necessary to prevent further deterioration of these critical industries, such as making additional commodity purchases and working to expand trade outlets for these and other agricultural goods,"
    That's a position diametrically opposed to less government. Effectively the federal government bailed out pork producers by artificially creating market demand. Even more amusingly, the notion of stabilizing prices was a Democrat idea that harks back to the Depression. She explicitly wrote for the government to buy more goods. Now, I don't necessarily have a problem with this in the right circumstances, but this is not a consistent position for Bachmann.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: Bachmann Literally Praised Government Pork In Letter To Obama Official

    You see it as a consistency issue, I dont think we have all the available facts on what the expenditures went to. Nor are we likely to because there is no interest in it if you guys are take the baited hook in that easily. If it is, excuse the pun, pork spending that wasnt required for either school lunches or military commisaries (only two legit things I can think of) then yeah, Bachmann was wrong to encourage it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •