Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 211

Thread: Top Dem picks Huntsman

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I see we want more life long politicians that have screwed up this country. Cain has through his life shown he can fix companies with financial problems.
    So, back to my point, "We didn't like Obama because he was inexperienced to be an Executive official in the government.....but um, its different now with our guy".

    Before, people shouldn't have voted for Obama because he had only 2 years in the federal government and no executive experience. Now, we should elect someone BECAUSE they have 0 years in the federal government or executive experience.

    He is a leader and loves this country. I do not hear Cain apologizing for this country.
    All irrelevant in regards to whether he has good experience for hte job.

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So now that I proved she paid for her spending you go another direction. You sound like you are defending liberals and democrats not supprting conservatives.
    I'm not going in another direction. You proved she paid for her spending...by RAISING TAXES. Huntsman paid for his spending through getting through legislation that made his state more friendly to business, causing his states GDP to grow by an average of 8.5% compared to Palin's 1.5% growth.

    One person paid for their extra spending through growth of the private sector, one person paid for their extra spending through taxing a company. However, we're to understand that the first one is a "moderate who leans left" and the other is someone whose a conservative.

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The pain he can not refute my links?
    You've given no links. You've given platitudes of why its okay that Cain have no directly relevant experience but wasn't okay for Obama and you've attempted to prove that Huntsman is less fiscally conservative than Palin by pointing out that Palin raised taxes.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So, back to my point, "We didn't like Obama because he was inexperienced to be an Executive official in the government.....but um, its different now with our guy".

    Before, people shouldn't have voted for Obama because he had only 2 years in the federal government and no executive experience. Now, we should elect someone BECAUSE they have 0 years in the federal government or executive experience.



    All irrelevant in regards to whether he has good experience for hte job.
    The point is that does not matter at this point. Compared to Obama Cain is more expierenced for what the economy needs.

    I notice you still refuse to address my link on Huntsman. This thread is about Huntsman and you keep going in other directions because you know the reason the democrats want him is he is closer to Obama than he is a conservative.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm not going in another direction. You proved she paid for her spending...by RAISING TAXES. Huntsman paid for his spending through getting through legislation that made his state more friendly to business, causing his states GDP to grow by an average of 8.5% compared to Palin's 1.5% growth.

    One person paid for their extra spending through growth of the private sector, one person paid for their extra spending through taxing a company. However, we're to understand that the first one is a "moderate who leans left" and the other is someone whose a conservative.
    Read my link.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You've given no links. You've given platitudes of why its okay that Cain have no directly relevant experience but wasn't okay for Obama and you've attempted to prove that Huntsman is less fiscally conservative than Palin by pointing out that Palin raised taxes.
    I posted the link again in post#43

  7. #57
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The point is that does not matter at this point. Compared to Obama Cain is more expierenced for what the economy needs.

    I notice you still refuse to address my link on Huntsman. This thread is about Huntsman and you keep going in other directions because you know the reason the democrats want him is he is closer to Obama than he is a conservative.
    Actually, Huntsman has the ability to do what almost no other Republican can do - Get the votes of the majority of Independents, and win over moderate Democrats. I have been saying for months that the GOP needs a fresh face in the race, if they want to beat Obama in 2012, and I strongly believe that Huntsman could very well be that fresh face.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #58
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Huntsman seems to be a very pragmatic individual, who puts whats good for the nation ahead of political party. He was Obama's Ambassador to China. He wasn't picked for political reasons, but because he is fluent in 2 dialects of Chinese. He is not a religious zealot either. Although he is Mormon, he is raising an adopted child according to her Hindu beliefs. Huntsman is not a birther nutter either, nor does he bash Obama only for the sake of bashing Obama, but his arguments are based on reality. He represents mainstream America more than any other Republican candidate.

    For the above reasons, I believe that Huntsman has the ability to siphon off moderate Democrats, and I believe that Obama has plenty to be worried about if Huntsman is nominated. The question is whether or not Huntsman can keep the idealogue base. Based on their hatred of Obama, I believe that they will come out and vote for Huntsman.

    IMHO, Huntsman is an excellent choice for the GOP.
    I don't know him that well, but what little I do know seems to support what you say. If he is as you say, I'd be interested in heaing more from him.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, Huntsman has the ability to do what almost no other Republican can do - Get the votes of the majority of Independents, and win over moderate Democrats. I have been saying for months that the GOP needs a fresh face in the race, if they want to beat Obama in 2012, and I strongly believe that Huntsman could very well be that fresh face.


    He will not get true conservatives. His stance on GW will hurt him. No one wants Cap and Tax

    If he is the nominee I will vote constitution party again.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You vote for a tax and spend liberal that is globalists that will cave into the UN issues I will not I want a conservative and I do not want to pay more taxes because of the GW scam
    In my view, and I fully recognize that there are other schools of foreign policy, several principles are important:

    1. The Constitution is the ultimate source of foreign policy authority for the U.S. government. No other source can supersede the Constitution e.g., UN Security Council resolutions are not a substitute for circumventing Constitutional requirements.

    2. The U.S. has critical interests in many parts of the world.

    3. U.S. foreign policy should be grounded in those critical interests.

    4. The U.S. also has strategic allies.

    5. The balance of power is a key underpinning of global stability and the U.S. should do what it can to assure that the balance of power is consistent with its interests and the needs of its strategic allies.

    6. Military power should be used wisely. It should not be utilized when critical U.S. interests/security of strategic allies are not under attack or credible imminent danger. Intervention in civil wars that have little connection to U.S. interests or solely to promote political change that has little connection to U.S. interests is a misapplication of military force.

    7. Abdication/non-interventionism/neo-isolationism would be a disastrous policy. It would make the U.S. a bystander, deprive it of an ability to influence events, and undermine the reliability of its commitments. Far from enhancing its security, it would undermine its security and interests.

    8. An effective foreign policy leverages the nation's economic, technical, diplomatic, and military capabilities, using the tool or combination that reasonably offers the best chance at success (consistent with U.S. interests, the needs of its strategic allies, and U.S. values).

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •