Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 211

Thread: Top Dem picks Huntsman

  1. #191
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm going to laugh if Huntsman wins, gets in office, and along with the Congress redoes the tax code into a flat tax type of situtaion that reduces taxes on everyone to some degree including "the rich", removes restrictive regulation on businesses through business friendly laws/regulation/agency heads, appoints conservative judges that believe in a right to life, chooses to secure the border first before even trying to talk about some kind of "path to citizenship", signs the repeal of Obamacare and then signs a Republican backed reform focused on market incentives and working through private sector solutions, impliments greater choice in education through a voucher program, and significantly cuts the budget and reforms entitlements similar to the Ryan plan.
    Half of the fixes above cannot be done without trampling on state's rights.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Not really. The Republicans have 1 of the 3 important branches to get anything done, and most people voting at least know Presidents have Veto power and that things must go through both houses. Its far easier for the Republicans to say they've not been given a chance to really implement their plans in 2012 than Democrats could honestly do in 2010.

    It'd be more like 2008, when things didn't get much better under a Democrat ran ENTIRE congress and they blamed it on a troublesome President.
    The problem with Repubs right now is that they aren't willing to compromise period. Dems put up 2trillion in cuts over the next 10years and Cantor still walks out over closing loopholes aka "tax hikes"

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Uh huh. Freddie Mae, Fannie Mac, that's where the blame lies, and in the Glass Stegal Act being repealed, in fact the seeds were planted for this mess in the Community reInvestment Act. But that would require a knowledge of what was going on, not "out of my ass" commentary.
    Both parties loved Freddie and Fannie. Bush used it to make the bubble bigger, just like Clinton did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Awesome, good to know you view Reagan as a RINO since he had a fair bit of Democrat support
    Read my sig. Thats the GOP today.
    Last edited by xpiher; 06-24-11 at 04:57 PM.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #192
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Where in did I imply Gingrich wasn't a Republican?
    The whole part where you just ignored how Gringrich was a driver behind the GSA's repeal. And your whole refusal to blame Republicans for anything.

    I swear, you just post **** that fits whatever narrative you decide you want to pursue that day. For several days, despite being shown your errors, you keep implying I'm saying things I never said to make oyur silliness look better.
    See above. Try to post a response with less fail. Kthxbye.

    Further more, you again show you don't know what you are talking about.
    Look Kids: Mr. V is going to post more links which refute himself.

    Oh wait Mr. V. I thought it was just Democrats! You just cited REPUBLICANS repealing one of the laws that would have prevented this mess!

    I guess by your argument, if you weren't around for the signing, you had absolutely no impact at all upon the event.

    Let's ponder just how idiotic that argument really is.

    I'm refuting DD's comments this is all the making of GWB and the GOP during his years as President. You come bumbling in here, trying to hammer on me.
    And you outright refuse to blame a party equally at fault for this mess. You are just as bad as him.

    Gingrich had nothing to do with the repeal of the GSA, it happened AFTER HE LEFT OFFICE.
    Let's see if you'll fall for this.

    So the Republicans during January 4, 1995 – January 3, 1999 did absolutely nothing to repeal the GSA? There were no attempts at all to loosen or repeal it at all?

    Let's see non-thinking at it's best. And let's not forget the REST of the Republicans like Representative Jim Leach.

    Welcome to history, I know mine, once again you prove you do not. Why do you keep embarrassing yourself like this?
    Really? I'm not using the logic of "if he wasn't there to sign it, he had no impact at all" argument. (despite previous attempts to repeal under his leadership).
    Last edited by obvious Child; 06-25-11 at 04:28 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #193
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    The whole part where you just ignored how Gringrich was a driver behind the GSA's repeal. And your whole refusal to blame Republicans for anything.



    See above. Try to post a response with less fail. Kthxbye.



    Look Kids: Mr. V is going to post more links which refute himself.

    Oh wait Mr. V. I thought it was just Democrats! You just cited REPUBLICANS repealing one of the laws that would have prevented this mess!

    I guess by your argument, if you weren't around for the signing, you had absolutely no impact at all upon the event.

    Let's ponder just how idiotic that argument really is.



    And you outright refuse to blame a party equally at fault for this mess. You are just as bad as him.



    Let's see if you'll fall for this.

    So the Republicans during January 4, 1995 – January 3, 1999 did absolutely nothing to repeal the GSA? There were no attempts at all to loosen or repeal it at all?

    Let's see non-thinking at it's best. And let's not forget the REST of the Republicans like Representative Jim Leach.



    Really? I'm not using the logic of "if he wasn't there to sign it, he had no impact at all" argument. (despite previous attempts to repeal under his leadership).

    oC, in mad desperation trying to move goal posts to make himself not look... foolish.

    Gingrich wasn't even a MEMBER of the HOUSE when the act was Repealed. Carry on with your bad self, I've proven you are dishonest, lack integrity and have no grasp on history, you inject opinion and commentary others did not make to hammer them on (this I believe is refereed to as a "strawman") and when confronted with such irrefutable evidence that your claim Gingrich was responsible for the passing of the repeal of the Glass Stegal Act, you instead try to change oyur claim to "He was part of the House at one point...

    Yeah, one point PRIOR to the bill that repealed the act even being sponsored, and signed.

    Give it up oC, I grow weary of correcting your abundant errors.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #194
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    oC, in mad desperation trying to move goal posts to make himself not look... foolish.
    Not really. Still see you refusing to address how you refuse to blame Republicans...which was my original point. Goal post moved nowhere.

    Gingrich wasn't even a MEMBER of the HOUSE when the act was Repealed.
    Therefore, by your logic, everything every member of our government cannot be tied back to them because they weren't in office when it happened?

    You really want to run with that? Not the mention the fact that under Gringrich the GOP tried to repeal/loosen the GSA multiple times. I see you outright do not want to talk about that at all going so far as to pretend absolutely nothing about the GSA occurred under his leadership.

    Want to keep that up? I can start citing actual proposals that died during his majority leadership. Guess why I named Leach. There's a reason.

    Carry on with your bad self, I've proven you are dishonest, lack integrity and have no grasp on history, you inject opinion and commentary others did not make to hammer them on
    Says the one who called Emissions trading a successful reduction in emissions wrong and then posted a link showing that cap and trade actually reduced emissions. And the guy deliberately going out of his way to pretend absolutely nothing about the GSA occurred between the time periods I gave. Hint: You might want to look up 1995. Gingrich even discussed the chances for success of repeal of the GSA with several Republicans. But you won't ever admit that. Because you'd have to admit you were (1) wrong in calling me dishonest and (2) admit you are wrong about the Republicans not having any blame for this mess. You'll never do either.

    (this I believe is refereed to as a "strawman") and when confronted with such irrefutable evidence that your claim Gingrich was responsible for the passing of the repeal of the Glass Stegal Act, you instead try to change oyur claim to "He was part of the House at one point
    You mean like several of the bills that were proposed and pushed during his time? Several of which he held close talks with to get them passed?

    Oh wait....that would require you to be honest to discuss those. Never going to happen.

    Yeah, one point PRIOR to the bill that repealed the act even being sponsored, and signed.
    Actually more then one. But at least you're starting to admit he did play a role. But your idiot logic of "wasn't there to sign, had no impact" is asinine. By your logic, Clinton is in no way responsible for 9/11 as he wasn't President on the day of the attacks.

    Give it up oC, I grow weary of correcting your abundant errors.
    Name one. And one you can actually prove. You know, where you don't have to run in circles to avoid the 1995 bill where Gingrich had close talks to repeal the GSA?

    Btw, thanks for using google. It's obvious you started off without researching and then looked it up and realized that he clearly DID do something to get the GSA repealed.

    Now, I actually start with Google. You should try that method.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #195
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    oC logic in action.

    Previous Presidents, prior to 1865 allowed Slavery to be Free, ergo Obama supports Slavery.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #196
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    oC logic in action.

    Previous Presidents, prior to 1865 allowed Slavery to be Free, ergo Obama supports Slavery.
    Come again? That was completely nonsensical. I'm pointing out your earlier asinine logic is asinine because it refuses to assign any credit to politicians who worked on specific proposals which later were passed when they left office. Your new stupid completely illogical view in that post assigns blame to politicians for not fixing something prior to their existence on the notion that prior presidents allowed something. That does not make sense. At all.

    If you're going to snipe, at least the base logic correct.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 06-25-11 at 07:32 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff View Post
    So then your answer is that you have no proof of any of the accusations you have made thus far in this thread. I had that inkling that you did not, but now I know for sure.

    Beyond this post do not respond to my posts unless you are going to answer the questions I have previously asked you. At least this way we will both save ourselves a lot of time.
    So it is all coincidence? HAHAHAHA that is funny

  8. #198
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,308
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So it is all coincidence? HAHAHAHA that is funny
    Well since you insist in bringing up the ties between the hunstman and Ried family, shall we talk about the connections between the Bush and the Bin Laden family?

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No even close....to suggest such is laughable. The GOP has moved so extreme right over the last two decades that the party is completely out of the mainstream of America.
    You must know a different GOP then I do. Just under Bush both Bush and the GOP congress moved left.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Although this will be an interesting election....it is going to be hard for Republicans to retain congress while trying to argue that we need to change direction. If the economy is still struggling, it doesn't speak well for the Republicans that said, give us congress and we will make things better. The Republican congress hasn't done **** since gaining control....except for trying to appease the right-wing with their social agenda items. What happened to Boner's jobs jobs jobs cry?
    The GOP does not have control of congress. They still can not get Reid to pass anything

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •