Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 211

Thread: Top Dem picks Huntsman

  1. #161
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Huntsman has 3 strikes against him towards getting the GOP nomination

    1. He's Mormon - the Evangelicals would rather have a muslim candidate than a mormon. Evangelicals despise Mormons with incredible passion and will do everything they can to make sure that a Mormon is not the candidate.

    2. He's a moderate - The base of the Republican party will never choose a moderate candidate....at least not in the next couple of decades.

    3. He's not a right-wing wacko - The base of the party would rather have someone who will advance their radical big government social agenda, than a fiscal conservative.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Huntsman has 3 strikes against him towards getting the GOP nomination

    1. He's Mormon - the Evangelicals would rather have a muslim candidate than a mormon. Evangelicals despise Mormons with incredible passion and will do everything they can to make sure that a Mormon is not the candidate.

    2. He's a moderate - The base of the Republican party will never choose a moderate candidate....at least not in the next couple of decades.

    3. He's not a right-wing wacko - The base of the party would rather have someone who will advance their radical big government social agenda, than a fiscal conservative.
    You are part right except the GOP has moved left and has left the conservatives behind. The tea party is trying to bring the party back to its conservative values.

  3. #163
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    275

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I am sure Reid and Huntsman would make that public. HAHAHAHA
    So then your answer is that you have no proof of any of the accusations you have made thus far in this thread. I had that inkling that you did not, but now I know for sure.

    Beyond this post do not respond to my posts unless you are going to answer the questions I have previously asked you. At least this way we will both save ourselves a lot of time.

  4. #164
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You are part right except the GOP has moved left and has left the conservatives behind. The tea party is trying to bring the party back to its conservative values.
    No even close....to suggest such is laughable. The GOP has moved so extreme right over the last two decades that the party is completely out of the mainstream of America.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    I'm going to laugh if Huntsman wins, gets in office, and along with the Congress redoes the tax code into a flat tax type of situtaion that reduces taxes on everyone to some degree including "the rich", removes restrictive regulation on businesses through business friendly laws/regulation/agency heads, appoints conservative judges that believe in a right to life, chooses to secure the border first before even trying to talk about some kind of "path to citizenship", signs the repeal of Obamacare and then signs a Republican backed reform focused on market incentives and working through private sector solutions, impliments greater choice in education through a voucher program, and significantly cuts the budget and reforms entitlements similar to the Ryan plan.

    And when it happens watching some of the liberals who rant about how "extreme" the "right" has got over the past few years start saying Huntsman went off the deep end and is just a stereotypical extreme republican whose out of touch with the main stream who changed significantly since becoming President....

    Despite the fact that earlier they were calling him a moderate and a sensable person and someone the "extreme" right would never vote for even though he had done or stated his support for every one of the type of things listed above.

  6. #166
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm going to laugh if Huntsman wins, gets in office, and along with the Congress redoes the tax code into a flat tax type of situtaion that reduces taxes on everyone to some degree including "the rich", removes restrictive regulation on businesses through business friendly laws/regulation/agency heads, appoints conservative judges that believe in a right to life, chooses to secure the border first before even trying to talk about some kind of "path to citizenship", signs the repeal of Obamacare and then signs a Republican backed reform focused on market incentives and working through private sector solutions, impliments greater choice in education through a voucher program, and significantly cuts the budget and reforms entitlements similar to the Ryan plan.

    And when it happens watching some of the liberals who rant about how "extreme" the "right" has got over the past few years start saying Huntsman went off the deep end and is just a stereotypical extreme republican whose out of touch with the main stream who changed significantly since becoming President....

    Despite the fact that earlier they were calling him a moderate and a sensable person and someone the "extreme" right would never vote for even though he had done or stated his support for every one of the type of things listed above.
    Problem with your scenario is twofold - Huntsman would not appoint judges in the Alito/Roberts vein, he's more likely to appoint people like Kennedy or O'Connor. He has a proven record on not cowtowing to the extremist right-wing social agenda.

    Second problem.....he way to reasonable for the radical base of the party and he's mormon....the evangelicals will never let it happen.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #167
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Like I said before

    Voting for Obama is like shooting yourself in the head

    Voting for Romney or Huntsman is liking shooting yourself in the foot
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  8. #168
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    ^ I rest my case.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #169
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Problem with your scenario is twofold - Huntsman would not appoint judges in the Alito/Roberts vein, he's more likely to appoint people like Kennedy or O'Connor.
    I'm not honestly sure that's true. I could honestly see him going either direction or somewhere in between them. That said, he's publicly stated a belief in the right to life so I think we wouldn't be seeing a justice from him that isn't likely to weight in against Roe v Wade should the issue ever come back up.

    Second problem.....he way to reasonable for the radical base of the party and he's mormon....the evangelicals will never let it happen.
    That's a problem with him possibly getting the nomination, its not a problem with him doing all the things I said above and me enjoying watching all the liberals likely whining about how he "changed" at that point into the "extreme" of his party

  10. #170
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Top Dem picks Huntsman

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm going to laugh if Huntsman wins, gets in office, and along with the Congress redoes the tax code into a flat tax type of situtaion that reduces taxes on everyone to some degree including "the rich", removes restrictive regulation on businesses through business friendly laws/regulation/agency heads, appoints conservative judges that believe in a right to life, chooses to secure the border first before even trying to talk about some kind of "path to citizenship", signs the repeal of Obamacare and then signs a Republican backed reform focused on market incentives and working through private sector solutions, impliments greater choice in education through a voucher program, and significantly cuts the budget and reforms entitlements similar to the Ryan plan.

    And when it happens watching some of the liberals who rant about how "extreme" the "right" has got over the past few years start saying Huntsman went off the deep end and is just a stereotypical extreme republican whose out of touch with the main stream who changed significantly since becoming President....

    Despite the fact that earlier they were calling him a moderate and a sensable person and someone the "extreme" right would never vote for even though he had done or stated his support for every one of the type of things listed above.
    Dream the dream Z, he wins, he might do the tax code and some good things, he'll also just "reform" Obamacare a little bit more, push amnesty for illegals and sign on to the next Kyoto.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •