Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89

Thread: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

  1. #31
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    It's called winning elections. The tea party is really screwing up this whole concept for you guys.

    Sure Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell are, on paper, conservative wet dreams...but wouldn't it have been nice to actually win those very winnable seats? Go ahead, be my guest, choose Cain or Gingrich or Santorum or Bachmann, doesn't bother me in the slightest...see how far that gets you in November 2012.

    You can have someone with the right basic concepts who make bad candidates, or are you saying the person has nothing to do with the elections, it's all about "ideology?" Good Candidates can go down because of mistakes.


    Huntsman has far far far too many negatives to get anywhere. He's not the Candidate we're looking for.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #32
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I guess Huntsman is the guy that the White House is most concerned about as he is smart, well-spoken, is extremely knowledgable regarding foreign relations, and isn't bat-crap crazy. While many of these attributes will do him well in the General election, they will be a hiderance in the primaries.
    Last edited by ADG; 06-21-11 at 04:45 PM.
    "Action expresses priorities."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #33
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You voted for Obama? Color me SHOCKED! Good for you, you voted Daniels, who was his opponent again? Hmm?
    Jill Long Thompson. Didn't like her.

    Point being, not everyone on the other side of the aisle is a blind partisan like you'd like to believe. I am perfectly capable of voting Republican - I have before and I will again. Regardless of whether that fits your narrative or not. And Jon Huntsman is one that I would certainly consider voting for.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You can have someone with the right basic concepts who make bad candidates, or are you saying the person has nothing to do with the elections, it's all about "ideology?" Good Candidates can go down because of mistakes.


    Huntsman has far far far too many negatives to get anywhere. He's not the Candidate we're looking for.
    The fact that the GOP did not win the race against Harry Reid, whose approval was in the toilet (mid-to-high 30s, I believe) is quite pathetic. It's because they picked Angle - a candidate who was too far to the right for independents to embrace, and too incompetent on the campaign trail for even her own party to accept wholeheartedly. Had a more mainstream candidate emerged victorious in the primaries, Harry Reid would be out of work today.

    That's my point.
    Last edited by Swizz; 06-21-11 at 04:35 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Jill Long Thompson. Didn't like her.

    Point being, not everyone on the other side of the aisle is a blind partisan like you'd like to believe. I am perfectly capable of voting Republican - I have before and I will again. Regardless of whether that fits your narrative or not. And Jon Huntsman is one that I would certainly consider voting for.



    The fact that the GOP did not win the race against Harry Reid, whose approval was in the toilet (mid-to-high 30s, I believe) is quite pathetic. It's because they picked Angle - a candidate who was too far to the right for independents to embrace, and too incompetent on the campaign trail for even her own party to accept wholeheartedly. Had a more mainstream candidate emerged victorious in the primaries, Harry Reid would be out of work today.

    That's my point.
    Your point is that the GOP needs to be less Conservative and more moderate, more liberal.

    I understand the concept, put up candidates that don't stand for what the base believes in and hope more people vote for them. Angle was a bad candidate, it had nothing to do with the ideology she pushed.

    If you were to say "The GOP needs to find good solid candidates" I'd agree, your premise is that conservative candidates cannot win, and I reject that out right. Huntsman has some good points, but his bad points will sink him. The GOP will not back a Cap and Trade, UHC supporting candidate. Period.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #35
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Jill Long Thompson. Didn't like her.

    Point being, not everyone on the other side of the aisle is a blind partisan like you'd like to believe. I am perfectly capable of voting Republican - I have before and I will again. Regardless of whether that fits your narrative or not. And Jon Huntsman is one that I would certainly consider voting for.



    The fact that the GOP did not win the race against Harry Reid, whose approval was in the toilet (mid-to-high 30s, I believe) is quite pathetic. It's because they picked Angle - a candidate who was too far to the right for independents to embrace, and too incompetent on the campaign trail for even her own party to accept wholeheartedly. Had a more mainstream candidate emerged victorious in the primaries, Harry Reid would be out of work today.

    That's my point.
    You sure it had nothing to do with mass-distributed memos sent out to tens of thousands of casino workers lamenting their fates if Harry Reid lost? Or the media slaughterfest against Angle in the last two weeks leading up the election?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #36
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    You sure it had nothing to do with mass-distributed memos sent out to tens of thousands of casino workers lamenting their fates if Harry Reid lost? Or the media slaughterfest against Angle in the last two weeks leading up the election?
    No Tess, it's obvious that Angle was a Hard Right Wing nutcase that couldn't beat Harry Reid, it was all about her crazy super ultra conservative beliefs.

    Her negatives as a person/candidate were greatly exasperated by the Reid Machine.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #37
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    You are right, Angle's loss had nothing to do with her ideology or incompetence, it was all about the evil lamestream media.

    Are you guys serious with this? You're becoming parodies of yourself at this point.

  8. #38
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    You are right, Angle's loss had nothing to do with her ideology or incompetence, it was all about the evil lamestream media.

    Are you guys serious with this? You're becoming parodies of yourself at this point.
    I didn't say it had nothing to do with incompetency, I just said that there are definitely other very important factors to consider. It would be best not to make assumptions.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #39
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Wrong and wrong.

    Obama has lost the independents, which got him elected last time.

    True conservatives win. Reagan did it, Bush 1 did it until he went liberal and raised taxes, and Bush 2 did it. That's 5 of the last 8 elections, and if Perot never reared his head, it might have been 7 of 8.
    I don't consider Bush 2 a true conservative.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Jon Hunstman Declares His Candidacy (Watch Live)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Guys got a snowballs chance in hell... Here is why:
    No access to youtube here. Mind telling me whats in the video?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •