Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 433

Thread: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

  1. #291
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I actually listen to Rush whenever I get the chance. He's entertaining.
    My college professor's sister works for Rush. She's one of his legal advisers and was even invited to his wedding... Knowing my prof and what he says about his sister, I highly doubt she takes his work seriously or has any respect for it.

    It kind of makes me wonder how many people working for him actually take the crap he says seriously and find him repulsive. He probably isn't serious and just spouts off just for the ratings, but he probably doesn't realize how repulsive he is... His ego is the only thing bigger than his waistline. I imagine that the guy is so self indulgent and absorbed that he doesn't have the control to stop gorging himself on food. He'd never look in the mirror and say, "Damn, I look like hell. I should probably diet." lol

  2. #292
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So then he hates Filipinos that burned flags when Obama went there to campaign a few weeks ago.
    You do realize that filipinos are not a violation of flag code, right?

    It is okay to burn a flag but wrong what Rush is doing?
    If the flag is being burned in order to dispose of it when damaged, it is not a violation of flag code. If it is being burned in protest, it is. What Rush is doing is also a violation of flag code.

    As far as wrong or right n th emoral sense, I don't really care one way or the other. They are both violations of flag code, though.

    Seems wrong to me
    Bully for you.

  3. #293
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    He also speaks the truth most of the time
    Wow. You get your "truth" from an entertainer? No wonder you always have your facts all ****ed up.

  4. #294
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I heard him talking about the tea the other day in my car while on my lunch break. It actually made me laugh. It just seems silly to me.
    Why would that be? Looking to fill a void, having a captive audience to sell it to, sending a percent of profit to a charity, creating jobs? What part was so silly?

    You know some R's will buy it just to serve to their lefty friends.
    I would never really associate him with a mass marketing type of thing like this, though I suppose it shouldn't surprise me.
    Really? The guy is paid what... 100 million per year. That's due to mass marketing/advertising on his show.

    It's essentially like when celebrities come out with their own line of fragrances. Yes, it's nice that he is donating a percentage to the troops. Overall, though, it's just kind of ridiculous.
    I sense jealousy.

    Does drinking his tea somehow make you more patriotic than drinking other teas?
    Does he state that it is? He sells it as a quality product. If it isn't, then he'll have difficulty making repeat sales.

    Is Glenn Beck going to come out with his own line of energy bars now?
    For argument's sake... what if he does? So what?

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #295
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Why would that be? Looking to fill a void, having a captive audience to sell it to, sending a percent of profit to a charity, creating jobs? What part was so silly?
    Because to me, it's essentially similar to when some ****ty celebrity decides to put out a perfume line or do a clothing line. If he was truly interested in donating to charity, he'd pull a Paul Newman and have ALL proceeds to charity. It just seems skeevy to me. That's my opinion.

    You know some R's will buy it just to serve to their lefty friends.
    Which would be quite stupid and childish. What, like liberals are going to burn somehow when they drink it like a vampire reacts to holy water?

    Really? The guy is paid what... 100 million per year. That's due to mass marketing/advertising on his show.

    I sense jealousy.
    Jealousy? Over what? Because I don't have my own line of tea?

    Does he state that it is? He sells it as a quality product. If it isn't, then he'll have difficulty making repeat sales.
    Not yet, to my knowledge. But I predict that he will use that argument in the future over people on the left who refuse to buy the tea simply because he is behind it. Drinking some ****ty tea doesn't make one more patriotic, nor does putting said tea out.

    For argument's sake... what if he does? So what?
    I just find it tacky. Again, my opinion.

    .

  6. #296
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Wow. You get your "truth" from an entertainer? No wonder you always have your facts all ****ed up.
    I think the problem with guys like Limbaugh or Beck is not so much that they lie, but rather that they present such a warped interpretation of factual events that it ends up deviating from reality significantly.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #297
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More character asissanation with no facts
    his ratings haven't dropped?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #298
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Which would be quite stupid and childish. What, like liberals are going to burn somehow when they drink it like a vampire reacts to holy water
    No, it just burns a little, kind of like a jalapeno pepper.

    But, I'm not all that liberal. A true leftie would no doubt be consumed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Really? The guy is paid what... 100 million per year. That's due to mass marketing/advertising on his show.
    His last contract was $400 million. Not bad for rants and strawman arguments, huh?



    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I just find it tacky. Again, my opinion.

    .
    Tacky sells.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #299
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    It kind of makes me wonder how many people working for him actually take the crap he says seriously
    You mean his staff wouldn't take him seriously on serious issues... like a couple Leftists presidents have? Both Obama and Clinton tried to neutralize Rush, others tried too... attempting to make him the unofficial leader of the Republicans in Congress. It backfires every time it has been tried. In fact, they help focus attention on him, them and the issue at hand.

    Obama tried to neutralize Rush right out of the box, and paid dearly for bringing Rush to the forefront. I was Rush who was 1000-miles ahead of the curve, by stating, "I hope he fails".

    and find him repulsive.
    My bet is none. You don't go to work year after year to be repulsed daily.

    He probably isn't serious and just spouts off just for the ratings,
    Some of it is schitck, and targets thin skinned Leftists, so they become further unglued.

    but he probably doesn't realize how repulsive he is...
    The most successful radio show for 20+ years isn't built on repulsive behavior. Perhaps to hard core Leftists.

    His ego is the only thing bigger than his waistline.
    He has a healthy ego, but a good portion of the ego-spiel is designed specifically to tweak Leftists.

    I imagine that the guy is so self indulgent and absorbed that he doesn't have the control to stop gorging himself on food.
    He's known to go up and down with weight. Sometimes he's thinner, sometimes heavier.

    He'd never look in the mirror and say, "Damn, I look like hell. I should probably diet."
    If you'd listen to his show you'd realize he goes on diets.
    ************************************************** *****************

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Because to me, it's essentially similar to when some ****ty celebrity decides to put out a perfume line or do a clothing line. If he was truly interested in donating to charity, he'd pull a Paul Newman and have ALL proceeds to charity. It just seems skeevy to me. That's my opinion.
    That was Newman's model, but doesn't have to serve everyone.

    Which would be quite stupid and childish. What, like liberals are going to burn somehow when they drink it like a vampire reacts to holy water?
    Not stupid and childish, especially when you have Rush haters. Just a little fun. You know what that is dontcha?


    Really? The guy is paid what... 100 million per year. That's due to mass marketing/advertising on his show.
    You bet it is. Where do you think the money comes to pay for him? And the people syndicating his show make a good chunk too. His show has a huge nationwide audience, some 600 to 700 stations, there is what, some 30-minutes of ads per show. That's 18,000 to 21,000 advertising minutes per show... per day, 250-days per year. Cha-ching. If they charged a $100 a minute, they'd make 450 million annually. You know his ad space goes for more than $100/min.

    Jealousy? Over what? Because I don't have my own line of tea?
    No... that he has one and it seems to have launched successfully.

    Not yet, to my knowledge. But I predict that he will use that argument in the future over people on the left who refuse to buy the tea simply because he is behind it. Drinking some ****ty tea doesn't make one more patriotic, nor does putting said tea out.
    You start OK, then default to the patriotic bit. He hasn't sold it as patriotic, as you admitted at the start of this paragraph, and he doesn't need to start a venture to prove he's patriotic. A couple decades behind a mic has clearly proven he is.

    How do you know the tea is ****ty? What if it succeeds famously due to its quality? He knows Leftists will be loathe to buy it, but he has a captive audience, and polarization helps with a successful product launch. To be continuously successful, the product need to move people to buy a second, 3rd... and 10th time.

    I just find it tacky. Again, my opinion.
    Do you find Warren Buffett tacky too? He promotes Sees Candy, DQ, Geico, Nebraska Furiture Mart and Borsheims not all the time but often. What is the difference between Buffett and Limbaugh? Both own ventures that seek to make money, and both promote said ventures.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-30-11 at 04:56 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #300
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Holy **** why do any of you people care? Just let this fat mother****er sell his goddamn tea.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •