Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 433

Thread: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

  1. #171
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Sure enough. To wit:
    Sadly, the flag code debate has happened many many times on DP. Every single time it goes nowhere. If your interpretation of the flag code is correct, then there are several violations in popular culture and in shops nationwide. Why the selective outrage over this particular instance? I personally think there are bigger problems with Rush Limbaugh's tea than the flag code violations.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    OT remember Billy Beer?


  3. #173
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.
    Why ask a question when you're not going to believe the answers you get anyway?
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  4. #174
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Why not just buy a sports bottle, make some tea, and donate the difference to charity?

    You get to adjust the amount of steeping and sugar for your own pleasure anyway.

  5. #175
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    Why ask a question when you're not going to believe the answers you get anyway?
    I asked it to mainly prove a point. I didn't expect honesty. It's hard to get honesty from someone who is extremely partisan.

  6. #176
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More hate against a man that took drugs for pain
    Then he didn't take enough, because he's still a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  7. #177
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Sadly, the flag code debate has happened many many times on DP. Every single time it goes nowhere.
    Oh, this isn't a debate. It's a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Why the selective outrage over this particular instance?
    I'm familiar with those flag code "debates" you refer to. I was involved in many of them. My outrage is not selective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    If your interpretation of the flag code is correct,
    The only "interpreting" necessary is the interpretation of the word picture to mean picture.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 06-20-11 at 04:55 PM.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I personally think there are bigger problems with Rush Limbaugh's tea than the flag code violations.
    I can't see anything worse going on here than disrespect to the flag. Disrespect to the flag is a heck of a lot worse than lousy tea.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 06-20-11 at 04:54 PM.

  9. #179
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Oh, this isn't a debate. It's a fact.
    It's not a debate when people have differing interpretations of the flag code. If it wasn't a debate then why would anyone even argue your point? The fact remains that they do. Regardless of how misguided you think they are, a debate does exist.

    I'm familiar with those flag code "debates" you refer to. I was involved in many of them. My outrage is not selective.
    I'm not talking about flag code debates. I'm talking about flag code violations all over our culture and in various retail shops. It is selective outrage because I don't see you foaming at the mouth over them. I see you foaming at the mouth over this particular issue.

  10. #180
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rush Limbaugh launches his own brand of (patriotic) iced tea

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I can't see anything worse going on here than disrespect to the flag. Disrespect to the flag is a heck of a lot worse than lousy tea.
    Well, I personally think there are far bigger fish to fry. If you want to continue to feign outrage, feel free. I think the topic is more silly than anything. The thing I personally find maddening about the topic is that Rush will most likely criticize those who refuse to buy his tea as unpatriotic, even though it's because they don't like Rush and don't want to help him line his pockets. I think that's a far bigger deal than a stupid flag code violation that pretty much everyone violates anyway.

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •