Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

  1. #21
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I have only the last 2 years worth of emails stored, company policy, and I have about 27,000.
    Geesh - why is that a policy? Now I'm curious.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #22
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,893
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Did Toby Harnden mean to say that Palin was confused by the world of politics?
    I may be wrong.

  3. #23
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,893
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    13,000 emails. Holy **** - that's, what, 19 a day if this is just a 2 year timespan. Of course it's far MORE than that.
    Work emails out breed tribbles
    I may be wrong.

  4. #24
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,893
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Geesh - why is that a policy? Now I'm curious.
    There has to be some limit set. no point in holding on to them forever.
    I may be wrong.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker
    Geesh - why is that a policy? Now I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    There has to be some limit set. no point in holding on to them forever.
    Two reasons. Anything important would have been resolved well before 2 years here, and there are issue tracking systems in place if we need to look up details on anything. Also, hard drive space.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Oh but it most certainly is your problem when you accuse me of going off on some conspiracy theory with the implication being that I have nothing to go on and it is up to me to prove anything. So I ask you again since you defended the emails, the redactions and have criticized me for pointing it out -

    How does one acquire evidence of the content of the emails when the actual content of the emails has been edited or blacked out?

    How does the mention of this fact of reality distrub you and cause you to make personal attacks on me?

    You taking me on in this manner absolutely makes it your problem.
    DO you have anything to go on? No? Well then... it's a conspiracy theory.

    You tell me. YOU are the one with the conspiracy theory. You must be basing it on something, right? No? Nothing? It's a baseless ASSumption? More of an indicator that you have a conspiracy theory. You know where to put it.

    You seem to have a persecution complex. The remedy for that has been spelled out in my last two posts. Maybe the 3rd time is the charm... If you feel slighted in any way by a post, PLEASE.. I whole heartedly encourage you to report it to the moderating team. It's very simple. At the bottom left of the posts, there is a little triangle with an ! in it. If you place your mouse carefully over the little triangle, a tag pops up that says 'REPORT POST'. Be my guest.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    I need no help in dealing with you. I can more than handle you myself thank you.

    You keep calling this some sort of conspiracy theory. Seems to be a strawman of your own invention.


    How does one acquire evidence of the content of the emails when the actual content of the emails has been edited or blacked out? Any evidence is contained in the emails which have been blacked out or redacted. You do understand what that means don't you? How does one get evidence which you claim I need to have when the very process gets rid of the evidence?

    How does the mention of this fact of reality distrub you and cause you to make personal attacks on me? Again, you resort to the obvious emphasizing of the letters ASS within the word assmuption- and expect the other kids in class to snicker and give you high fives for your cleverness. This is your idea of debate?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I need no help in dealing with you. I can more than handle you myself thank you.

    You keep calling this some sort of conspiracy theory. Seems to be a strawman of your own invention.


    How does one acquire evidence of the content of the emails when the actual content of the emails has been edited or blacked out? Any evidence is contained in the emails which have been blacked out or redacted. You do understand what that means don't you? How does one get evidence which you claim I need to have when the very process gets rid of the evidence?

    How does the mention of this fact of reality distrub you and cause you to make personal attacks on me? Again, you resort to the obvious emphasizing of the letters ASS within the word assmuption- and expect the other kids in class to snicker and give you high fives for your cleverness. This is your idea of debate?
    So, you have NOTHING to base your suspicions of 'they must be hiding something because they redacted emails!' on, other than your suspicions of 'they must be hiding something because they redacted emails!

    Textbook definition of a conspiracy.

    Instead of whining about it on a message board, do something about it. Get a lawyer... have a subpoena issued for the full emails, no redactions. Something! Anything but wasting bandwidth here shouting 'they are hiding something!'.

    That, or you know where to put your whines.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So, you have NOTHING to base your suspicions of 'they must be hiding something because they redacted emails!' on, other than your suspicions of 'they must be hiding something because they redacted emails!

    Textbook definition of a conspiracy.

    Instead of whining about it on a message board, do something about it. Get a lawyer... have a subpoena issued for the full emails, no redactions. Something! Anything but wasting bandwidth here shouting 'they are hiding something!'.

    That, or you know where to put your whines.
    You are the one wasting your precious bandwidth that you fake concern about over my post and then attacking me for pointing out the obvious - the emails were redacted, blacked out and edited. And that simple fact of reality sets you off on this tangent attacking me.

    Its amazing really.

    Here is what I said in my post #3 which set you off

    How many emails were redacted?

    How many emails were not released at all?

    I wonder what is in those?

    An incomplete picture does not contain the entire story.


    So where in there do I actually float any sort of conspiracy theory? Those are legitimate questions and ends with a factual statement. Your bogus 'conspriacy theory' nonsense is a strawman of your own creation intended to simply attack me.
    Last edited by haymarket; 06-14-11 at 04:32 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #30
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,386

    Re: American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How many emails were redacted?

    How many emails were not released at all?

    I wonder what is in those?

    An incomplete picture does not contain the entire story.



    in one thread haymarket says that a city government that investigates itself is the "end of the story", here in this thread, when it's attack Palin, his teams's failures, are not thier fault, it must be that all the good stuff they where hoping for was redacted.


    This is utter fail on his part. Some grand conspiracy to protect palin.......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •