Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 491

Thread: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

  1. #91
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Because nothing says "classy" like protesting a bunch of special needs children, and trying to take away their day.

    way to go, unions! way to stick it to the man!!!



    Heard about this yesterday on the O Reily Factor. The man was interrupted by people dressed up as zombies. There is no proof whatsoever that these people are a part of unions or that it was organized by unions. Please stop the accusations until you have proof.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #92
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    At the SPECIAL FRIGGIN OLYMPICS
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    3. you don't ****ing protest at the special olympics
    Quote Originally Posted by Helvidius
    at the Special Olympics
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    the Special Olympics deserves not to be crashed
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    crashing the special olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage
    protesting at the Special Olympics
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack
    acceptable to crash the Special Olympics
    Do you guys even know what Special Olympics are? Give ya a hint, they're similar to a big event with a similar name held every four years around the globe. They're typically held in a stadium AND they are definitely NOT held on Capitol building steps.

    NO ONE crashed, interrupted or protested the Special Olympics.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Do you guys even know what Special Olympics are? Give ya a hint, they're similar to a big event with a similar name held every four years around the globe. They're typically held in a stadium AND they are definitely NOT held on Capitol building steps.

    NO ONE crashed, interrupted or protested the Special Olympics.
    If you read, it was a Special Olympics "Ceremony". Attended by Special Olympians and their families.

    I see your post as nothing but a red-herring deflection away from the scumbaggery of the union protestors.

  4. #94
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    The union paid for the shirts and makup the protestors were wearing.
    Wisconsin Protesters Target Special Olympics Ceremony - FoxNews.com
    Where does your article say that 'the union' paid for shirts and makeup? What union?

    Even your Fox News article said the protest appeared to be unrelated to the ongoing fight over union rights at the state Capitol, though they cleverly interjected the "rowdy demonstrations", "paralyzed Wisconsin's government" and "Senate Democrats fled to Illinois" for no apparent reason. Was it subliminal to get some to tie the union protests to this event. Apparently it worked on some.

    These were University of Wisconsin students, NOT union protestors.

    And yes there were a few union sign bearers at the rear and these union protestors have been at the state Capitol for a while. They didn't disrupt anyone or anything.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    If you read, it was a Special Olympics "Ceremony". Attended by Special Olympians and their families.

    I see your post as nothing but a red-herring deflection away from the scumbaggery of the union protestors.
    i believe it was already brought up, and i watched the video, where is the proof that this was a 'union' protest?

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Do you guys even know what Special Olympics are? Give ya a hint, they're similar to a big event with a similar name held every four years around the globe. They're typically held in a stadium AND they are definitely NOT held on Capitol building steps.

    NO ONE crashed, interrupted or protested the Special Olympics.
    Correct. They crashed, interrupted and protested at ceremony to honor the Special Olympians, like the title of the video posted earlier said.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i believe it was already brought up, and i watched the video, where is the proof that this was a 'union' protest?
    Also already brought up. Go back and actually read the thread. Especially the parts where it shows that the union paid for the tshirts and zombie makeup.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Where does your article say that 'the union' paid for shirts and makeup? What union?

    Even your Fox News article said the protest appeared to be unrelated to the ongoing fight over union rights at the state Capitol, though they cleverly interjected the "rowdy demonstrations", "paralyzed Wisconsin's government" and "Senate Democrats fled to Illinois" for no apparent reason. Was it subliminal to get some to tie the union protests to this event. Apparently it worked on some.

    These were University of Wisconsin students, NOT union protestors.

    And yes there were a few union sign bearers at the rear and these union protestors have been at the state Capitol for a while. They didn't disrupt anyone or anything.
    You must have skipped the 3rd paragraph...
    Yet the protest on Wednesday appeared to be unrelated. Earlier in the day, a statewide student organization held what it calls an educational event on the opposite side of the Capitol on a new voter ID law that it says will make it harder for students to vote. The United Council of UW Students provided zombie makeup and T-shirts that read, "Students are as good as dead."

  9. #99
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    If you read, it was a Special Olympics "Ceremony". Attended by Special Olympians and their families.

    I see your post as nothing but a red-herring deflection away from the scumbaggery of the union protestors.
    But it was NOT the Special Olympics. It was a red-herring appeal to sympathy.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Wisconsin Unions Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Heard about this yesterday on the O Reily Factor. The man was interrupted by people dressed up as zombies. There is no proof whatsoever that these people are a part of unions or that it was organized by unions. Please stop the accusations until you have proof.
    Learn to read the whole thread before you post.

    Yet the protest on Wednesday appeared to be unrelated. Earlier in the day, a statewide student organization held what it calls an educational event on the opposite side of the Capitol on a new voter ID law that it says will make it harder for students to vote. The United Council of UW Students provided zombie makeup and T-shirts that read, "Students are as good as dead."

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •