Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 164

Thread: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Funny how it's only okay to ask Republicans about their religious beliefs and churches.
    What are you even saying? Did you forget about Obama and Kennedy that quickly?

  2. #32
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,135

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Romney: 'If You Want to Learn More About My Church, Talk to My Church' - The Note



    What do you think? Do you believe him when he says he wants to keep his religion and his job separate?

    yup. because Romney's central belief system isn't conservatism, or even mormonism. Romney's central belief system is Romney-should-be-President-ism

  3. #33
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Romney: 'If You Want to Learn More About My Church, Talk to My Church' - The Note



    What do you think? Do you believe him when he says he wants to keep his religion and his job separate?
    The most ridiculous thing is tha Piers Morgan interviewed him.

    I think Romney held his ground well - people don't HAVE to speak for their church's faith i they don't want to (especially if/when their views clash wit hthe church cannon).

    So - yet another potentially informative interview opportunity (eventhough it was hosted by an entertainment related reporter) thwarted by the very individual giving the interview. . . which is why celebrity reporters make the WORST interviewers.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 06-09-11 at 12:37 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #34
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    yeah. i'm wondering how big of an issue the liberals will make of this if he gets the nomination. when hannity and
    and the other "conservative" pundits starting smashing obama for spending 20 years in a black nationalist, anti-American
    church.........they spoke right up and defended his religious beliefs....no matter how psycho they were.
    will they do the same for romney and mormonism?

    highly doubtful.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  5. #35
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    yeah. i'm wondering how big of an issue the liberals will make of this if he gets the nomination. when hannity and
    and the other "conservative" pundits starting smashing obama for spending 20 years in a black nationalist, anti-American
    church.........they spoke right up and defended his religious beliefs....no matter how psycho they were.
    will they do the same for romney and mormonism?

    highly doubtful.
    Well - the issue with Obama was that he sat in church every sunday but claims to never have heard the anti-american and racist crap that spewed forth endlessly from the 'good reverend's' filthy mouth.

    Obama didn't even pretend to distance himself in regard to hearing - but *not* believing. . . he just said "what crap, I didn't hear no crap!" as if we're all stupid or something.

    *Tosses Obama a big ass rug and a mega broom so he can sweep it waaay under there*
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #36
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    yeah. i'm wondering how big of an issue the liberals will make of this if he gets the nomination. when hannity and
    and the other "conservative" pundits starting smashing obama for spending 20 years in a black nationalist, anti-American
    church.........they spoke right up and defended his religious beliefs....no matter how psycho they were.
    will they do the same for romney and mormonism?

    highly doubtful.
    You're missing one important part of the equation. Hannity wasn't blasting Obama because of what church he belonged to, he was blasting Obama because of the political party he belonged to. If Obama had belonged to the "right" party, Hannity would have been falling all over himself defending him.

    You're right that liberals won't defend Romney, because he's not one of them. In Washington politics, the question isn't "right or wrong." It's "Democrat or Republican?"

  7. #37
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You're missing one important part of the equation. Hannity wasn't blasting Obama because of what church he belonged to, he was blasting Obama because of the political party he belonged to. If Obama had belonged to the "right" party, Hannity would have been falling all over himself defending him.

    You're right that liberals won't defend Romney, because he's not one of them. In Washington politics, the question isn't "right or wrong." It's "Democrat or Republican?"
    i know. i love watching the hypocrisy from both sides. i'm hoping this 2 party system will implode on itself.
    neither represent the citizens of this nation.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  8. #38
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    He was an administrator at the highest level of the state of Massachusetts. Simple test...did his religion come into play as governor? Was he an effective administrator?

    (asked from the perspective of one who will NOT be voting for him)

    And BTW...isnt Obama a Christian that has spoken for the sanctity of heterosexual marriage? Why are people so hypocritical about their concerns over religious republicans?
    Last edited by VanceMack; 06-09-11 at 01:01 AM.

  9. #39
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    And BTW...isnt Obama a Christian that has spoken for the sanctity of heterosexual marriage?
    Depends on who you ask. Some people will tell you he's a "Fundamentalist Muslim Communist." (Even though it's not possible to be both...)

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Romney: "If You Want to Learn About My Church, Talk to My Church

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He was an administrator at the highest level of the state of Massachusetts. Simple test...did his religion come into play as governor? Was he an effective administrator?

    (asked from the perspective of one who will NOT be voting for him)

    And BTW...isnt Obama a Christian that has spoken for the sanctity of heterosexual marriage? Why are people so hypocritical about their concerns over religious republicans?
    Yeah, Obama and Romney have the same position on gay marriage: it's between a man and a woman. However, I don't think Obama has ever been too excited about DOMA.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •