Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 203

Thread: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

  1. #51
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,738

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Democracy is a bunch of welfare chumps voting for the person that will keep the checks coming to the mailbox and take money from the working folks to pay for it?

    That's democracy?
    Disenfranchising someone because they don't make enough money is democracy?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,314

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Well, we've went from losing 750,000 jobs a month to bitching about how last month there were only 38,000 new jobs created so I'm going to say pretty well.

    Of course, now we have the Republican House already in full campaign mode and their election theme seems to be "Destroy America So That The Libruls Can't Have It" so the next few months are a crap shoot.



    Didn't take as long as you apparently think.
    You do realize that we started losing those jobs after the Democrats took over Congress. Right?

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,314

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    You are anti-democracy and pro-aristocracy.

    And again, you prove her point.

    And of course, in Indiana if you become the FIRST PERSON indicted on voter fraud charges, you become the Republican over-seer of elections and win the support of the governor (who decided not to run for president).
    Ind. Supreme Court permits challenge of Charlie White's election to proceed
    Right! I want to keep more of my hard earned money in my pocket. You're right; I'm just evil for that. Oh and a racist, too.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,314

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Disenfranchising someone because they don't make enough money is democracy?
    I'm not talking about disenfranchising someone because they don't make enough money. I'm talking about disenfranchising someone because they don't make any money and live off the government tit. Don't like it? Get a ****ing job.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You've just changed your argument from "X people don't pay taxes" to "Well ok everyone pays taxes but certain types of taxes don't count because____"
    No. You are apparenlty having an attack of liberal "I didn't really read your posts. I am just pretending." My position with regard to taxes has been consistent in all of my post here. It is you that are having a comprehension problem .... otherwise known as liberal hypocrisy.

  6. #56
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,738

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not talking about disenfranchising someone because they don't make enough money. I'm talking about disenfranchising someone because they don't make any money and live off the government tit. Don't like it? Get a ****ing job.
    That's all I needed to know, thanks.

    You're anti-democracy which is anti-American. Don't like it? Move to ****ing North Korea.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #57
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! I want to keep more of my hard earned money in my pocket. You're right; I'm just evil for that. Oh and a racist, too.
    I never said racist. You are the one who replied to my post about making it more difficult for poor people and students to vote by saying they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    Unless you're going to play the Sarah Palin victim card and blame others for taking your own words seriously, you wrote what you wrote.

    My post: An overstatement, perhaps...but it's essentially true that Republicans want to make it harder for poor people and students to vote - ESPECIALLY in Florida.

    Your response: People who don't have skin in the game shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    Should I apologize to you for taking your words seriously? And please point to one mention of race on my part.

  8. #58
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    More like, how very roman of him
    more like how very Founding Father of him.



    as a general matter, however, I think he is correct. a better filter than simply "age" is needed for the franchise, I think. but that is properly a state decision. Myself, I would support voters having to pass a test similar to the citizenship one (even just something basic; stuff like "name the three branches of government" and "who are you voting for").

    if that is "anti-democratic", then I'm fine with that. because we aren't a democracy.
    Last edited by cpwill; 06-08-11 at 01:06 AM.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    please tell us exactly what she said which was in error
    Again I shall request from you as I already did one earlier.

    Please tell us exactly how her statement that Republicans "literally" want to drag us back to Jim Crow Laws.

    You must show this in two parts.
    1. That Republicans have "literally" attempted to enact legislation to segregate us and remove the right to vote from blacks.
    2. Republicans "literally" are attempting to drag people.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #60
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Again I shall request from you as I already did one earlier.

    Please tell us exactly how her statement that Republicans "literally" want to drag us back to Jim Crow Laws.

    You must show this in two parts.
    1. That Republicans have "literally" attempted to enact legislation to segregate us and remove the right to vote from blacks.
    2. Republicans "literally" are attempting to drag people.
    you inability to post what about her statements was in error shows us that your criticism of her comments is baseless. you only oppose that she dares utter the truth
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •