Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 203

Thread: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Stop being an asshole. By requiring them to use absentee ballots, obviously this is a hassle and the ones who would have normally gone out to the poll will not vote because of that. And don't ask me for a source on that, because it's pretty obvious.
    As I have repeatedly proven to you, your OWN POSTED SOURCE disagrees. The only one who thinks colleges students using absentee ballots... is you. The students find it easy and the majority use them now. What part of YOUR SOURCE PROVES this do you continually FAIL to comprehend.

    Essentially, you're making **** up, and repeating it over and over, hoping somehow to suddenly look correct. You've been failing miserably at it the entire thread. Time to give up, admit you got your ass kicked in here, and sulk away.

  2. #192
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    But you're still just using retarded hyperbole to attempt to make me stomp away. Absentee ballot= more complicated and many will simply not want to use it to vote because they perceive it to be a hassle, and then end up not voting.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    But you're still just using retarded hyperbole to attempt to make me stomp away. Absentee ballot= more complicated and many will simply not want to use it to vote because they perceive it to be a hassle, and then end up not voting.
    You obviously do not understand the definition of hyperbole...
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hyperbole

    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect



    You say that over and over, but you are wrong. YOUR OWN SOURCE tells you that it is NOT a hassle, and that MOST college students already use it.

    YOU; It's a hassle
    FACTS: It's very easy to obtain and use an absentee ballot
    YOU: many will not want to do it
    FACTS: MOST college students already USE and absentee ballot
    YOU: See? I was right! I win!!
    Give up. You are wrong. You know it, I know it, the board knows it, and YOU OWN SOURCE PROVED it.
    Last edited by Whovian; 06-15-11 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #194
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    But you're still just using retarded hyperbole to attempt to make me stomp away. Absentee ballot= more complicated and many will simply not want to use it to vote because they perceive it to be a hassle, and then end up not voting.
    as if the students are actually going to fail to remember to process and mail their absentee ballots in advance of the election
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Courtesy of gargantuan:
    http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/Fac...ege_Voting.pdf

    III. Most Students Voted at Home, and Most Found Voting Easy.
    A chief concern for those promoting higher turnout among college students is whether they would find voting difficult—either because of the perceived hassle in voting absentee or problems incurred when trying to vote at their campus locations. Data from the survey suggests that such problems were much less frequent than might have been anticipated.

    One of the reasons for the absence of problems might be the percentage voting in their home town (in person or absentee). Of those who were registered, two thirds are registered in their home town (67% home town; 33% college town). Freshmen and sophomores were equally likely to be registered in their home town (68% and 67%); juniors and seniors were slightly less likely to be
    registered there (64% and 59%).

    Interestingly, 78% of those registered at home prefer to be registered there. This means, however, that more than one in five (22%) of those registered at home would prefer to register at their school address. Among students who were not registered, 44% would prefer to register at their college address. Overall, 26% of those not registered at their school address would prefer to register there.
    Did students find it a real hassle to vote? Of those casting an absentee ballot, the survey inquired separately about the ease of obtaining the ballot and of casting it. Especially in light of some expectations, few students found it difficult. Nearly 90% (88.8) said they found it “very easy” or “fairly easy” both to obtain and to cast an absentee ballot. Only a handful (2.9%) found either or both of these tasks “very difficult.” (To obtain and absentee ballot: 59% very easy; 32% fairly easy; 7% fairly difficult; 1% very difficult; to cast the ballot: 64% veryeasy; 31% fairly easy; 3% fairly difficult; 2% very difficult)
    Fewer than 1 in 25 (3.6%) said they tried to register but were unable to. Only a handful (less than 1%) claimed that they went to the polls but weren’t allowed to vote.

    THE END

  6. #196
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    High voter turnouts are usually bad for GOPers particularly as their "core" group shrinks in comparison to other segments of the population who tend to vote Democratic.

    For some reason, Republicans are actively hostile to minorities. They seem to go out of their way to isolate many sub-groups of voters. So their response to the growing political power of these groups that they've worked so hard to piss off? Discourage them from voting.
    You got sources, or were you praying no one would ask?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #197
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Courtesy of gargantuan:
    http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/Fac...ege_Voting.pdf

    III. Most Students Voted at Home, and Most Found Voting Easy.





    THE END
    First time I voted for President was with an absentee ballot.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    First time I voted for President was with an absentee ballot.
    I bet it was really a hassle too, huh :

  9. #199
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Again for the 100th time, you can argue it's not too much of a struggle, but the point is, this is a blatant attempt by the GOP to try to stifle young voters.
    Perhaps PERMANENT residents in college towns don't want their local politics to become dominated by students... I can understand that concern...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #200
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I bet it was really a hassle too, huh :
    No not really.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •