Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 203

Thread: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

  1. #161
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Voter fraud has long been a problem. For both sides.

    The whole "Jim Crow" thing is just more political hyperbole, not unlike "Death Panels" or "Obama is going to be our foreign-born socialist overlord."

    Yeah, Republicans are way smarter. This lady, for example, is freakin' Einstein

    http://youtu.be/0YIq5Q15L1o
    She is an elderly citizen, its nothing to compare her to the Chairperson of a Political Party, who should be smarter than that.

    This comparison is FAIL.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #162
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And so should our military....who tend to vote republican.
    Ok, let me be whovian now. Instead of actually discussing that point with you Caine, here's what I'll do:

    Right, and we are supposed to believe you? Where's your proof? That is a FAIL. You have FAILED

    See how annoying it gets? Once you post a link I'll attack stupid parts of it instead of getting down to the debate. It's common knowledge youth vote democrat and military (enlisted) vote republican. But i'll now return the courtesy given to me in this topic and not debate the substance of the argument, just attack commonly accepted political norms and go after retarded things in sources

  3. #163
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    She is an elderly citizen, its nothing to compare her to the Chairperson of a Political Party, who should be smarter than that.

    This comparison is FAIL.
    Read the post it's in response to. Where it was claimed that Republican voters are smarter...

  4. #164
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Read the post it's in response to. Where it was claimed that Republican voters are smarter...
    Oh Shat, I see what you did thar.

    In that case, I can't say that I support the blanket statements of either side in that quarrel.

    As you were.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, lets just say that I have always believed in democracy. Apparently you don't.
    I have no reason to believe everyone is fit to vote, no, that is irrational.


    True. But if you look at the spirit of what he thought, it's there.
    I have no idea where you are getting this from, but he was very uneasy about the prospect of allowing all to vote. He was very much a believer in qualifiers.

    BTW, for all the "Respect the Constitution as written" we get from your side, it frankly amazes me how often Conservatives fail to do exactly that.
    What part am I not respecting? The amendments added about voting?
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-12-11 at 05:35 AM.

  6. #166
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    1. Because it is a ridiculous hassle and if they are going to college and living in that district they should be able to vote there. There is absolutely no justification for that. That's using the same exact logic as "Well hey, the military uses absentees, so it's ok for me to use one too!"
    voting is done by your geographic home of record - your county, city, and state. if a college student wishes to vote locally, but are out of their home area, all they need do is change their home of record and become a citizen of whatever state they happen to be in. All you really need is an address; you can go down to the Post Office and do it in about 10 minutes - the paperwork takes about 2 weeks to worm it's way through the system.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Ok, let me be whovian now. Instead of actually discussing that point with you Caine, here's what I'll do:

    Right, and we are supposed to believe you? Where's your proof? That is a FAIL. You have FAILED

    See how annoying it gets? Once you post a link I'll attack stupid parts of it instead of getting down to the debate. It's common knowledge youth vote democrat and military (enlisted) vote republican. But i'll now return the courtesy given to me in this topic and not debate the substance of the argument, just attack commonly accepted political norms and go after retarded things in sources
    I addressed every one of your points, and shot them down with ease.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1059560162

    You tried to move the goalposts. You also claimed that the ease of voting via absentee ballot for college students was never your point (even though you mentioned it with increasing anger in 4 posts). I shot that down too, with your own source!

    You made claims you failed to back up that the vast majority of college students are Democrats... neither of the sources you supplied proved this. The first one said 'lean to the left'... the second source didn't even discuss political leanings but you used it as proof for your ridiculous claim anyway.

    Perhaps you need to actually READ the material you post as proof next time. Just a thought.


    Essentially... you suck at this.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan
    1. Because it is a ridiculous hassle and if they are going to college and living in that district they should be able to vote there. There is absolutely no justification for that. That's using the same exact logic as "Well hey, the military uses absentees, so it's ok for me to use one too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    voting is done by your geographic home of record - your county, city, and state. if a college student wishes to vote locally, but are out of their home area, all they need do is change their home of record and become a citizen of whatever state they happen to be in. All you really need is an address; you can go down to the Post Office and do it in about 10 minutes - the paperwork takes about 2 weeks to worm it's way through the system.
    CP... Gargantuan assures me that this was never his argument... even though he made it 4 times, with more anger each time. :

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Ok, let me be whovian now. Instead of actually discussing that point with you Caine, here's what I'll do:

    Right, and we are supposed to believe you? Where's your proof? That is a FAIL. You have FAILED

    See how annoying it gets? Once you post a link I'll attack stupid parts of it instead of getting down to the debate. It's common knowledge youth vote democrat and military (enlisted) vote republican. But i'll now return the courtesy given to me in this topic and not debate the substance of the argument, just attack commonly accepted political norms and go after retarded things in sources
    perhaps if you didn't use retarded sources? Or, if your sources actually said what you claimed they did?

    Just a thought.

  10. #170
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    CP... Gargantuan assures me that this was never his argument... even though he made it 4 times, with more anger each time. :
    my question then becomes: if these - by definition - are the people who don't care enough to even bother to fill out a form; what in the world makes us think that they will care enough to self-educate so that they can make wise and informed votes?

    far better that the uninformed and self-absorbed remove themselves from the franchise rather than we have to live with the consequences of their poor decisions.



Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •