Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 203

Thread: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post

    Whovian, 19-29 = college students. You are simply grasping at this point and you know it. Even Anne Coulter recognizes that youth tend to lean liberal.
    It's not a matter of 'lean'... you've shifted the goalposts. You claimed the majority of college students were Democrats.

    So ALL 19-29 year old's are college students? I did not know that. You mean there are NO 19-29 year old's who do NOT go to college? Learn something new everyday I guess.

    Well, there's still the complete lack of the word DEMOCRAT in the linked piece.

    Essentially, you've now failed twice.

    Care to try for a third?

  2. #152
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Please address my post rather than attack a commonly accepted fact that college students are mostly democrats. The whole country is mostly members of the democratic party. Here is a link from a breakdown of colleges during the 2004 election. 41 percent bush 55 percent kerry.

    http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/Fac...ege_Voting.pdf

    That enough for you? Also note that a big chunk of these students voted at their colleges.

    Are you ready to stop being an idiot and attack stupid links that are common knowledge and address my points now?

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Please address my post rather than attack a commonly accepted fact that college students are mostly democrats. The whole country is mostly members of the democratic party. Here is a link from a breakdown of colleges during the 2004 election. 41 percent bush 55 percent kerry.

    http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/Fac...ege_Voting.pdf

    That enough for you? Also note that a big chunk of these students voted at their colleges.

    Are you ready to stop being an idiot and attack stupid links that are common knowledge and address my points now?
    I shoot down your first nonsense source, which was from 2007 btw... and your comeback shot is a 2004 source?

    From your source...

    Most Students Voted at Home, and Most Found Voting Easy.
    A chief concern for those promoting higher turnout among college students is whether they would find voting difficult—either because of the perceived hassle in voting absentee or problems incurred when trying to vote at their campus locations. Data from the survey suggests that such problems were much less frequent than might have been anticipated. One of the reasons for the absence of problems might be the percentage voting in their home town (in person or absentee). Of those who were registered, two thirds are registered in their home town (67% home town; 33% college town). Freshmen and sophomores were equally likely to be registered in their home town (68% and 67%); juniors and seniors were slightly less likely to be registered there (64% and 59%).
    Interestingly, 78% of those registered at home prefer to be registered there. This means, however, that more than one in five (22%) of those registered at home would prefer to register at their school address. Among students who were not registered, 44% would prefer to register at their college address. Overall, 26% of those not registered at their school address would prefer to register there.

    Not surprisingly, college students were much more likely to vote by absentee ballot (37%) than were 18-29 year olds who were
    surveyed recently by Declare Yourself (10%).
    Interesting... This seems to say that 18-29 year olds and college students are two distinctly different groups. I thought You said ALL 18-29 year olds were college students...

    Did students find it a real hassle to vote? Of those casting an absentee ballot, the survey inquired separately about the ease of obtaining the ballot and of casting it. Especially in light of some expectations, few students found it difficult. Nearly 90% (88.8) said they found it “very easy” or “fairly easy” both to obtain and to cast an absentee ballot. Only a handful (2.9%) found either or both of
    these tasks “very difficult.”
    So, not only does your own source utterly refute your argument that 'this would be a major hassle for college students to be able to even vote', but it STILL never mentions party affiliation... and you used it as a source to prove college students are all Democrats.

    The level of FAIL in you continues to rise.

    Want to try for yet another complete FAIL?

  4. #154
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    What the **** do you want from me? 2004 isn't good enough for you? What do you think demographics changed that much in 6 years? If anything they probably went up exponentially following the 2008 election. You are absolutely ridiculous and you are nitpicking sources instead of actually refuting my arguments.

    I didn't say 18-29 are all college students. You are trying to get a rise out of me by manipulating things I've said to make yourself look smart. Obviously you are not very smart if you cannot even refute any of the points I made in my posts other than attack articles.

    That's not relevant. The point is they should be able to vote however they want and if they want to vote at their college (44% said they want to vote at their college) they should be able to out of convenience.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    What the **** do you want from me? 2004 isn't good enough for you? What do you think demographics changed that much in 6 years? If anything they probably went up exponentially following the 2008 election. You are absolutely ridiculous and you are nitpicking sources instead of actually refuting my arguments.

    I didn't say 18-29 are all college students. You are trying to get a rise out of me by manipulating things I've said to make yourself look smart. Obviously you are not very smart if you cannot even refute any of the points I made in my posts other than attack articles.

    That's not relevant. The point is they should be able to vote however they want and if they want to vote at their college (44% said they want to vote at their college) they should be able to out of convenience.
    Point 1: Correct. Apologies... you said 19-29...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan
    Whovian, 19-29 = college students.
    Point 2: Not relevant? It was your main argument!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    ...They are trying to make it harder in some cases for younger members of the population to vote by requiring more identification/stopping voting in college districts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    So disenfranchising college students is a good way to fight that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    1. Because it is a ridiculous hassle and if they are going to college and living in that district they should be able to vote there.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Bull ****ing ****. You know damn well college students are predominately democrats. I don't need to give you a citation on that. There is no credibility lost there. WHY ARE THEY MAKING COLLEGE STUDENTS USE ABSENTEES - BECAUSE IT MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM TO VOTE AND MORE OF A HASSLE. That is the reason. Plain and simple...

    Now that I've proved your main point completely false, it's no longer relevant?

    And you whine about 'me' and call 'me' names?

    I used your own links to prove you utterly incorrect. Learn to post links that actually PROVE instead of DISPROVE your arguments. You might actually win in here once in a while.


    As for a previous question you asked, which I apologize for not answering... If you told me I had to vote via absentee ballot, and I was not in my home voting district, of course I would have no problem with it. Just like this group from one of your sources...
    Nearly 90% (88.8) said they found it “very easy” or “fairly easy” both to obtain and to cast an absentee ballot.

    Now... your PWNAGE is truly complete.
    Last edited by Whovian; 06-11-11 at 02:08 AM.

  6. #156
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Fact is the Jim Crow BS is just that. Way too much voter fraud is going in all over the Country and a lot of it comes to people claiming it has to be easy to vote, and that leads to a lot of dead people voting and reports of more people voting in a district than there are people.

    I would bet that most people who vote Democrat only know anything about one or two issues, if that when they vote and many are pretty uneducated as was shown when Obama was elected by people who didn't have the mental capacity yo know who and what he is.

    Jim Crow is another Liberal claim to avoid the truth that this is needed.

  7. #157
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Whovian, I'm sick of your ****. Are you going to address my posts, or are you going to nitpick at stupid things? 19-29 = college students. How the hell do you think that means I am saying all of them are? You obviously don't think that. That's just you trying to make yourself look like the smarter one here and make me look stupid. Sorry, you're wrong. Didn't work.

    I didn't make my main point false. First of all, I proved you wrong about college students not being mostly democrat, secondly, what these students say about if it was easy/not easy is not relevant. The point is there is no reason to require students to use absentee ballots. It is only a way to stifle college votes. If they could've stopped even 1k students from voting in one district, who knows, Bishop maybe would have lost.

    The link does prove my argument. My argument had nothing to do with students thinking it is easy to use an absentee ballot.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post

    That's not relevant. The point is they should be able to vote however they want and if they want to vote at their college (44% said they want to vote at their college) they should be able to out of convenience.
    And so should our military....who tend to vote republican.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Whovian, I'm sick of your ****. Are you going to address my posts, or are you going to nitpick at stupid things? 19-29 = college students. How the hell do you think that means I am saying all of them are? You obviously don't think that. That's just you trying to make yourself look like the smarter one here and make me look stupid. Sorry, you're wrong. Didn't work.

    I didn't make my main point false. First of all, I proved you wrong about college students not being mostly democrat, secondly, what these students say about if it was easy/not easy is not relevant. The point is there is no reason to require students to use absentee ballots. It is only a way to stifle college votes. If they could've stopped even 1k students from voting in one district, who knows, Bishop maybe would have lost.

    The link does prove my argument. My argument had nothing to do with students thinking it is easy to use an absentee ballot.
    point 1: that's twice you've used that straw-man... inferiority complex??

    point 2: No, you didn't. neither of your sources mentioned Democrats. Hell, the second one didn't mention political lean at all.

    point 3: It's only 'not relevant' now because I proved your entire whiney argument false. YOU claimed multiple times that it would be an undo hardship on college students... and the college students themselves said you're wrong and it was EASY to get and use an absentee ballot. How the **** is it 'not relevant', when the very students you say would be affected, say they are unaffected?

    point 4: It obviously does NOT stifle college votes, as your own sources proved.

    Point 5: Really? Whining in multiple posts that requiring an absentee ballot for college students would...

    disenfranchise them
    would be a ridiculous hassle,
    make it harder for them to vote,
    MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM TO VOTE AND MORE OF A HASSLE

    .... has nothing to do with students thinking it's easy and not a hassle to vote with an absentee ballot?

    You've been proven completely, utterly, totally incorrect. Have the good grace to admit you've been beaten. Badly.

  10. #160
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Fact is the Jim Crow BS is just that. Way too much voter fraud is going in all over the Country and a lot of it comes to people claiming it has to be easy to vote, and that leads to a lot of dead people voting and reports of more people voting in a district than there are people.

    I would bet that most people who vote Democrat only know anything about one or two issues, if that when they vote and many are pretty uneducated as was shown when Obama was elected by people who didn't have the mental capacity yo know who and what he is.

    Jim Crow is another Liberal claim to avoid the truth that this is needed.
    Voter fraud has long been a problem. For both sides.

    The whole "Jim Crow" thing is just more political hyperbole, not unlike "Death Panels" or "Obama is going to be our foreign-born socialist overlord."

    Yeah, Republicans are way smarter. This lady, for example, is freakin' Einstein

    http://youtu.be/0YIq5Q15L1o
    Last edited by rocket88; 06-11-11 at 12:31 PM.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •