Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 203

Thread: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

  1. #131
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Bull ****ing ****. You know damn well college students are predominately democrats. I don't need to give you a citation on that.

    There is no credibility lost there. WHY ARE THEY MAKING COLLEGE STUDENTS USE ABSENTEES - BECAUSE IT MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM TO VOTE AND MORE OF A HASSLE. That is the reason. Plain and simple. Don't be an idiot. What if they told you that you had to use absentee ballots? What would you say then? Oh the military has to also so I am ok with it? What if they took away early/day of registration froo YOU? Is that ok also? Everyone knows college students, especially 18 year old freshmen/sophomores, tend to be a little irresponsible and probably haven't registered yet. No reason to take away their early registration.

    If you really want a link here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/wa...in&oref=slogin

    But you know you are just attempting to discredit me with stupid points. Any idiot knows that youth vote liberal.
    Last edited by Gargantuan; 06-10-11 at 02:59 AM.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by gargantuan View Post
    why are they making college students use absentees - because it makes it harder for them to vote and more of a hassle.
    why are they making military members use absentees - because it makes it harder for them to vote and more of a hassle.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #133
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Bull ****ing ****. You know damn well college students are predominately democrats. I don't need to give you a citation on that.

    There is no credibility lost there. WHY ARE THEY MAKING COLLEGE STUDENTS USE ABSENTEES - BECAUSE IT MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM TO VOTE AND MORE OF A HASSLE. That is the reason. Plain and simple. Don't be an idiot. What if they told you that you had to use absentee ballots? What would you say then? Oh the military has to also so I am ok with it? What if they took away early/day of registration froo YOU? Is that ok also? Everyone knows college students, especially 18 year old freshmen/sophomores, tend to be a little irresponsible and probably haven't registered yet. No reason to take away their early registration.

    If you really want a link here: Young Americans Are Leaning Left, New Poll Finds - NYTimes.com

    But you know you are just attempting to discredit me with stupid points. Any idiot knows that youth vote liberal.
    pathetic.

    54% of people under the age of 29 vote democrat.

    nothing about college kids, just age.

    and the difference? A wopping 4%.


    everyone is laughing but you.

    time to move this nonsense to the conspiracy forums.

  4. #134
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    why are they making military members use absentees - because it makes it harder for them to vote and more of a hassle.
    Dont be ridiculous. How else is someone on active duty going to vote? Justify making college students use absentees.

  5. #135
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Care to show us the source of that slogan?
    Well there's you:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you don't pay taxes, you don't. If you don;t have anything to lose, other than your welfare, then you don't have skin in the game.
    And from Henrin:

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have always believed there needs to be qualifiers in place for voting. The founding fathers pushed the idea of property as that qualifier, and that is a qualifier I believe in as well.
    Thus -- poor people shouldn't be able to vote. Nobody said those words, but all you have to do is read.

  6. #136
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, well lets just say this, I have always believed there needs to be qualifiers in place for voting. The founding fathers pushed the idea of property as that qualifier, and that is a qualifier I believe in as well.
    Well, lets just say that I have always believed in democracy. Apparently you don't.


    John Adams is a horrible example, you know. He wasn't one that believed everyone should vote like you are.
    True. But if you look at the spirit of what he thought, it's there.

    BTW, for all the "Respect the Constitution as written" we get from your side, it frankly amazes me how often Conservatives fail to do exactly that.

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Bull ****ing ****. You know damn well college students are predominately democrats. I don't need to give you a citation on that.

    There is no credibility lost there. WHY ARE THEY MAKING COLLEGE STUDENTS USE ABSENTEES - BECAUSE IT MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM TO VOTE AND MORE OF A HASSLE. That is the reason. Plain and simple. Don't be an idiot. What if they told you that you had to use absentee ballots? What would you say then? Oh the military has to also so I am ok with it? What if they took away early/day of registration froo YOU? Is that ok also? Everyone knows college students, especially 18 year old freshmen/sophomores, tend to be a little irresponsible and probably haven't registered yet. No reason to take away their early registration.

    If you really want a link here: Young Americans Are Leaning Left, New Poll Finds - NYTimes.com

    But you know you are just attempting to discredit me with stupid points. Any idiot knows that youth vote liberal.
    Any college student that doesn't have the gumption to take care of their absentee ballot is either too stupid to be in college, or wasn't going to vote no matter what, anyway.

    But you know you are just attempting to discredit me with stupid points. Any idiot knows that youth vote liberal.
    Because most of them don't know any better.

  8. #138
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well there's you:



    And from Henrin:



    Thus -- poor people shouldn't be able to vote. Nobody said those words, but all you have to do is read.
    So, poor people don't have skin in the game? I guess the next thing you're going to tell us, is that all poor people are on welfare.

  9. #139
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Dont be ridiculous. How else is someone on active duty going to vote? Justify making college students use absentees.


    Do they pay a light bill, property taxes, water bill while they're living on campus? No? There's your justification. They're not permanent residents of that voting district.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: DNC Chair: GOP wants to "Drag Us Back To Jim Crow Laws"

    Tell ya what libs. A compromise. When someone dies in Illinois, we'll bury them with 1000 absentee ballots, so that they will never run out. Deal ?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •