Page 95 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1225

Thread: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

  1. #941
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Ignore ptif, he has long since proved his ability to outspeak all of us by his superior stupidity
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  2. #942
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    That's not the issue here really. It's the fact she kept up the same argument after pointing to a document that refuted her.
    What's that joke about sticking with your lie? Here it's more sticking to your mistake.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #943
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    You're right... When you point out the whole picture, it is hilarious.

    They really are down playing what she said... She didn't actually say he was ringing bells and firing shots. They are minimizing all of the blatant errors, and then using vague letters and facts to cover her ass for everything else, but we all know Palin wasn't referring to him being captured or the British's motives. She was obviously talking about his ride... but they'll say otherwise.
    Your italicized bit is exactly what she said. Those who defend her are exhibiting the exact same immature mindset as she does: The inability to gracefully admit error.

  4. #944
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Your italicized bit is exactly what she said. Those who defend her are exhibiting the exact same immature mindset as she does: The inability to gracefully admit error.
    Exactly. It would have ended this early on, and not made much difference to nearly anyone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #945
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post

    Ignore ptif, he has long since proved his ability to outspeak all of us by his superior stupidity
    I don't know about that ... looks like he's running out of steam.

  6. #946
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,473

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ron Paul warned the British?
    Yeah, I like that version of history better...

  7. #947
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,473

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    She came from the Museum and said this so if it is misinformation as you claim it must be what she was told on the museum tour
    No... the tour guide has came out, and he is saying she was confused.

    I gave them our standard talk about Paul Revere and the two men who hung the lanterns in the steeple, Robert Newman and John Pulling. I added a bit about the debate between John Hancock and Sam Adams after they received the warning from Revere (Hancock: "Staying and fighting will look good on my resume when I run for president." Adams: "You are too rich to fight. Let's get out of here." Adams ultimately won that debate.) I did mention that Revere was arrested by British troops and led back to Lexington, warning those British troops that the minutemen had been alerted.
    After the introductory talk, we climbed up to the bell ringing chamber, where I talked about how Paul Revere how founded our bell ringing guild in 1750 as a teenager. Governor Palin was particularly interested to see a copy of the original bell ringing contract between Paul Revere and his friends and the rector of Old North, Dr. Cutler. The contract portrays a group of teenagers using democratic principles to organize their bell ringing guild. We did not have the time to get to the top of the steeple to see the lanterns...

    I was surprised and bemused when the video of Governor Palin's impromptu history quiz went viral the next day. I knew where all the factoids she cited came from and take responsibility for putting them in her head. I will not take the blame for the odd order those factoids came out. Perhaps it was too much information in too short a period of time to digest properly. Maybe if we climbed to the top of the steeple and viewed the lanterns, the governor wouldn't have focused on the bells. Who knows?
    How the Bells Got In Sarah Palin's Head : Dispatches from the Culture Wars

  8. #948
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,473

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I will remember that the next time a liberal brings up Bush on an Obama thread
    Monkey see... monkey do

  9. #949
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,473

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    She had just done the museum tour. So if the information is wrong one could assume that is what the museum said. So stop blaming Palin
    She made a mistake... I can see that, and it sounds like you can see that. Ironically, she won't admit she made a mistake. She is claiming she's correct and got all her facts right, and there is the real problem with Palin.

  10. #950
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,473

    Re: Sarah Palin: Paul Revere's Ride to Protect the Second Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    She had just done the museum tour. So if the information is wrong one could assume that is what the museum said. So stop blaming Palin
    She made a mistake... I can see that, and it sounds like you can see that. Ironically, she won't admit she made a mistake. She is claiming she's correct and got all her facts right, and there is the real problem with Palin.

Page 95 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •